Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cortina V2.1 tc 250

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Default Cortina V2.1 tc 250

Hi all,

As promised here is the video tour of my recent purchase a rough but original TC 250 matching numbers sedan, not to everyone's taste but for me this car will be staying as original as possible. Unfortunately I can't save the paint on the drivers side rear passenger door also the bonnet has some minor accident damage and will need a respray. Apart from that the car just needs a good clean up and service I"ll get around to completing that soon, the engine runs well but still needs some minor service work I'll post a video of the engine running fairly soon and dedicated it to Dave his favorite landfill motor of choice. Oh well it'll do me guys I'm happy with it.

At least you'll see [poor lighting] one decent car on this video Beacon2 at the BP Eastlink Saturday night show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Klw9IGhco
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 30-06-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Ride
    TE sedan/TD wagon

Default Re: Cortina V2.1 tc 250

Looking good Matt keep chipping away and you will get there in no time
    CORTINA FOR LIFE

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Thanks Chris!

I don't want to go through that ebay rubbish again so if worst comes to worst it could make a nice garden feature. Its great knowing that the car drivers without a doubt, I bled through a few bottles of brake fluid the other day and now have a nice solid pedal but never the less will still go through everything. Yes we can't give up in life gota keep rolling on.

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 01-07-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Ride
    74 TD - 2V

Good to see another one rescued Matt, hope it doesn't join the little folk at the end of the garden,,, tellem to p..off and get a wheel barrow but leave the Corty alone,,,, lol. By the by what the name of the first sound track ?

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Thanks Ken,

Hopefully it doesn't join them, same goes for the iron oxide scrap crowd. She's a rough example but it sat neglected, basically abandoned for 10 years so considering that its held up quite well, also it's a one owner with low mileage [has service history]. Engine is running beautifully can't fault it but just have a few minor servicing jobs to complete before I do that pre-xflow engine running dedication video for Dave lol.

If you haven't already worked it out my second favorite hobby is collecting LP's, been doing that since the 80's probably got close to 5,000 now and admittedly I like to share a few tracks from my favorite albums with you guys, though I don't think younger CC members would care for this old music. I'll message you the track details.

Thanks for the nice reply Ken and great to hear from you.

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 15-07-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Ride
    XR8XR6 cortinas more

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR my ears

nar just jokes sounds ok pre engines don't get me started HAHA

looks a little run down in the body but the rest looks ok trims decent enough

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

yes story of my life Dave, I either end up with a run down body or a run down driveline, oh well can't have everything in this life!

You will hear music to your ears soon [if only I had a crossflow stored somewhere ] well its a good thing its not in too good of condition Dave otherwise I'd probably be listing on ebay again cause truthfully I'm not comfortable driving decent cars lol

I think it'll look a tad better once I get that bonnet repaired-painted, plus get the drivers side passenger door resprayed.

Thanks again guys.

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 15-07-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Hi All,

I'll post some new pics soon, some progress has been made body work is slightly improved since the video, rear drivers side door repainted, dint out of bonnet, interior tidied up, rear end sorted - new brakes, diff [fresh oil]- shockers, bushes and exhaust OK well its a low mileage car. Hopefully next week I'll get onto the front end going over the brakes, hubs and suspension components getting that sorted.

Went for another of my exciting drives the other day back to one of my favorite areas in the western suburbs. Well I do enough sitting on my rear end so was good to get out and about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3EGuZpw4fw

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 01-08-2015 at 03:24 PM.

We want pics!!!!! This thread is worthless without pics!!!

Haha just kidding Matt, but all this talk I wanna see some progress shots.

Your too busy these days photographing everyone else's Cortys these days haha

Ride
    Mazda

Once owned one with 2V fitted,went very well
    QUOTE=tfghiatcxlematt;441947]Hi all,

As promised here is the video tour of my recent purchase a rough but original TC 250 matching numbers sedan, not to everyone's taste but for me this car will be staying as original as possible. Unfortunately I can't save the paint on the drivers side rear passenger door also the bonnet has some minor accident damage and will need a respray. Apart from that the car just needs a good clean up and service I"ll get around to completing that soon, the engine runs well but still needs some minor service work I'll post a video of the engine running fairly soon and dedicated it to Dave his favorite landfill motor of choice. Oh well it'll do me guys I'm happy with it.

At least you'll see [poor lighting] one decent car on this video Beacon2 at the BP Eastlink Saturday night show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Klw9IGhco[/QUOTE]

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Thanks very much Wasp, yes CC member Bill66 had a Red Pepper TC XLE as his first car in 84, it had a 250 2V and 4 speed Toploader from factory, he said he even beat his brothers [left him for dust] 350 HQ Monroe Coupe in a drag race they did back then and he's brother confirmed that statement 100% accurate with me, so certainly not bad with a 250 2V! She's very rough as you can see but the way things are these days beggars can't be choosers, I'm just thankful to have it...

Yes Steve, I know that famous line -worthless without pics Haven't had much time lately to put work in though its looking a little less rough, got most of the engine servicing done included all new hoses and a new waterpump last week, still gota change the cap, rotor and leads. I'm going to re-spray the back door again [drivers side] not happy with the job I did, I repaired and painted the bonnet but yeah the body certainly still needs some tidying up.

A few followers on my youtube channel want another ancient cover band LP upload so might stick some footage there, probably be a few more weeks but will let you know. Well someone's gota send you to sleep lol.

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 23-10-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

I’ve been trying to cut back on my rubbish video uploads but I received a few requests from some of my subscribers on youtube to play another ancient cover group LP so ended up putting together a few tracks in this video link, optional as always guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uFOe9fRHrY

There’s a tiny bit of Cortina stuff in this video but I’ve mainly been experimenting with a zoom lens on my old Palsonic video camera, I’m fascinated with all the recent buildings going up in this area around inner east Melb. As a kid here 35yrs ago was quite a peaceful and laidback area but not so much anymore with all these apartment building constructions. Looking out west I think the closer view buildings are in Doncaster but looking further to the distance it’s probably around Bell St Coburg, I’ll have to try and reference on Google Earth.
    Pics of the brown thing will be coming once I re re-spay the driver’s side rear door.

Btw if you think your slow Steve this car could become a permanent garden feature the speed I’m going at lol.
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 27-10-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Well Steve,

That famous line we all know [useless without pics] certainly rings true here. I was going through some old photo's of cars my parents owned during the course of my childhood years and thought I'd share some pictures and information whilst its fresh in my brain.

I've always been an only child but never the less life's been good though I think many of us hold the fondest memories from our childhood years. Here are some pics of my dad's 76 update TD XLE, I have shared some of these before but managed to find a few others that haven't yet been uploaded, hopefully other CC's members will share photo's of their childhood cars. I recently learned from Chris [Dougie77] that his parent had a 73 TC XLE [I think] Wild Violet when he was born so would be great to see some pics of that. Other memories from CC members, Bill66 used to walk past a mint TC XL sedan on his way to school each day, I think he said a GS Rally Pack one of his mates took a picture of it anyway that's where Bill's love started for these cars and Dave [EBXR8] I think his mum owned a XA Fairmont 351 coupe in Wild Violet.

I'll upload a mixed range of family photo's from the 70's early 80's, my grandmothers new Dec 76 Corolla that car was imported from Japan so she had to wait a few months for it to arrive at the dealer, it was the top of the range model I think called CS but not really up on those. You'll see a shot of me with a little white Mini in the background, that was my mothers car a 1967 model, I remember it had blue trim but the engine blew up around 1980 and she bought a secondhand 74 Mazda 808 Deluxe Coupe. How I wish she kept that car it had the works - black trim, full size hubcaps and fancy gauges, those coupes seem to be worth a fortune now but nothing that special back then.

You'll see my parents Lime Frost 1970 XW Falcon 500 that dad ordered brand new from Duhig Ford Essendon, only a 6cyl auto but had optioned on black trim with Fairmont bucket seats, center console t-bar auto and GS driving lights. My parents don't have good memories of their XW they said it was the invisible car from the moment they got the thing people started driving into it something like 4 or 5 accidents. Dad traded in the XW in late 76 for his new TD XLE update model BUT this was a mixed bag, you'll note series2 [update] hubcaps without the XLE badge in the centre, update bumper rubbers but still had the old series1 grille and 250 pre-xflow, I think its fair to call it a parts bin car. I remember the car well, it had Smiths a/c with parchment trim and Superfringe radio, dad purchased the car from East Ringwood Etheridege Ford, he didn't order the car it was already in the yard but still new, though may have sat there for a while.... Later on this car was traded in at Coztanzo Ford Greensborough on a near new TF Ghia 250 S/wagon light blue colour, I'll have to try and find pictures of it.

Take care all as always.

matt

- uploading in stages....
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 15-11-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

More childhood memory pics coming....
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 15-11-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

last old pics...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 15-11-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Ride
    TE sedan/TD wagon

Nice one matt
    CORTINA FOR LIFE

Ride
    XR8XR6 cortinas more

I don't have any pics to show but mum had a 360 charger a 265 e49 charger a yellow XBGT coupe, dad had a fair few holden coupes HG and a fair few HQs I did not care he has a air start mack truck, that thing was mint and the sound when your a kid WOW I use to get up at 4 am to watch/hear him start it HEHE

No cortinas but I got that bug from the young bloke next door. he had a tidy yellow TE with a black roof all stock 4cyl auto but it looks the goods like a baby XD

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Thanks very much Dave and Chris!

Lets hope Chris can find some pics of his parents wild violet TC XLE around the time he was born, I think they also had a XB Fairmont 351 sedan and Chris once owned a Corolla like my grandmothers BUT you know me with mixing up facts! Wow your mum had excellent taste in cars Dave she would have blown away quite a few cars that took her on in those days, I thought you said she had a XA or XB coupe at least I was partially correct lol.

I won't forget to post pics of my car, the drivers side rear door has been resprayed but still want to redo well re re-spary the bonnet and must get those servicing jobs completed on the engine. Yeah I know its rough as guts but I'm keeping it because man just trying to find any T-series is getting near impossible, well except if your centrally located in Vic of course

Good on ya guys!

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 21-11-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Hi All,

Haven't had much spare time over the summer holidays to work on the car because my father and I have basically been fully rebuilding the deck but we're getting there, the decking walking surface is nearly ready to be nailed on.

Even though I have a spare tc 6cyl bonnet I decided to try fixing the dint at the front in the original bonnet, it came up alright and will certainly do for now. I resprayed the drivers side rear door, replaced the passenger front wheel bearings [drivers side front had recently been replaced], installed the new water pump and found some spare original front indicator lenses in my parts box. These were given to me a few years ago by Chris [Tcxlecoupe] you never know when spares may come in handy!

Some footage of the brown car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxTLHJHpjuc

For the record I'll paste in the recent Bill66 tribute video just so its noted in my thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9LR2oCzes

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 05-06-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

I'm uploading some family photo's and thought it best to keep these in my thread. Found a few more slides from 20 years ago that I took at the opening of the Eastern Fwy extension to Springvale Rd from Doncaster Rd, to complete that series.

The gold NA Series 2 Fairlane was purchased new by my father in [I think] 1992, I remember being in high school and went with him to the dealership when he got the NA. He bought it from City Ford Box Hill, I think that was a Col Paige Ford dealership that Mr Paige setup after selling the two well known Footscray and Sunshine dealerships, where the brown TC came from. City Ford Box Hill closed from memory about a year or two after dad bought the NA, it was on the corner of Middleborough Rd & Maroondah Hwy just behind the Shell servo.

The NA was a very comfortable car, being a series 2 it had the 4 speed auto but missed out on the new 4L engine, instead it came with the 3.9 multipoint. We kept this car until 2002 but during its life esp the early days there were countless problems, the 4 speed auto died within a few years of the cars life, the head-gasket needed replacing a few times [the car was always professionally serviced], the LSD was always audioable at slow speeds and was never properly sorted [but never broke] the rear self leveling suspension failed within the first year and was replaced with Monroe gas shockers, a/c problems, power window regulator failures, fast deteriorating exterior plastic body trims. But most things were fixed and what a comfortable cruiser that thing was!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 11-06-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Bare with me here, I'll have a few more family Cortina pictures coming soon...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 11-06-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

The blue 81 TF Ghia 250 S/wagon my father found in The Age motoring for sale listings early 1983, the car was an ex showroom demonstrator in as new condition even though it was an 81 model. The 76 brown TD XLE was traded in for this TF at Costanzo Ford Bundoora, Grimshaw St. Before dad handed over the keys to the TD he gave me the original Ford TD key and gave the dealer the spare keys, to this day I still have that TD XLE original key.

Excellent car that blue TF, we kept it for 9 years until traded in for that gold Fairlane above.

In 1966 dad bought a new Mk1 440 sedan, it was a sky blue shade though I do have colour slides of this car somewhere for a later date. All he can recall is that he purchased it from Centennial Ford Sydney Rd, the car was already there in the yard, he didn't order it unlike with the XW 500
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 11-06-2016 at 05:44 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

A while ago I told Dave I would make a video with the sound of his all time favorite engine in stereo The recording tape I used on the 4-track player is 47 years old, the sound may not be 100% spot on though in my case that's the way of it. Still I gave it a try and here's the results, geez it’s quite cold to say the least in Melb at this time of year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYBLdwBPjg

Take care all.

matt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 29-06-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Got some good stuff in the mail, firstly I follow the Aussie pro spray painter on youtube called The Gunman, due to my supporting and following his channel he sent me 4 free stickers, one signed with his usual hashtag, that certainly made my day.

Second surprise was a letter from Vic Roads though for once it was actually good news, although the wagon was made in July 74 the purchase receipt is dated 16/9/74, I often wondered what the original number plate was anyway now we all know...

matt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 11-07-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

I have to admit I copied off Ryan with this idea, I thought the original VIC B&W number plates on his excellent condition TD 76 update 250 wagon looked really great and decided to do the same. Ryan also has the 1976-77 Vic rego sticker, I think he's going to help me get the 74 sticker for my cars.

Anyway, pics on the way.....
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 19-07-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information