Thread: Cortina Rally pack owners

Ride
    1975 TD XL Cortina

Default Cortina Rally pack owners

To all the Cortina rally pack owners. How about some photo's of the the fruits of your labour and post some pictures of your rally pack here. Members and vistors. If there is photo's on here, where are they so we can check them out.

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

Default Re: Cortina Rally pack owners

Hi and I am new to this site....am thinking about buying a 76 td rally pak original condition..white with blackout.....what money would be fair.?
    Last edited by ray brown; 03-10-2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: privacy

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Hello Ian,

If you like I could always try finding some Rally Pack pictures on my Computer as I've been collecting Cortina pictures for the last 30 years. What models are you after? Do you mean the 76 update TD Rally model or do you mean the GS Rally Pack models from the TC - TF [well S-pack in the TF]?

All the best,

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 04-10-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Ride
    1975 TD XL Cortina

Hi Matt,
    I am a TD fan.

Ride
    1975 TD XL Cortina

Hi Ray,
    Welcome to Cortina Central.
    This red TD rally pack sold for $3000 in Macksville in Jully last year. Left sill and rear right pannel below the fuel door need to be replaced. A rust hole each side at the bottom of the rear window the size of your thumb nail.
    Driving lights missing and rust filled bumber bars. Interia quite good condition. No rust under the vinyl roof.
    P8302804.jpgP8302798.jpgP8302800.jpgP8302801.jpgP8302802.jpgP8302799.jpgP8302803.jpg
    Last edited by COR10A; 05-10-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

No worries Ian,

I can post you a few pictures of GS Rally Pack TC and D's that I've collected over the years, some shots come from ebay whilst others come from magazines I've collected during the past 30 years. Probably my favorite GS of all time was that Wild Violet TC XL 250 S/wagon owned by an elderly lady since new, it was at the SFD 2013 but I won't post any pics of that here, most likely you recall it.

I did take 2 pictures myself, you'll see like a burnt orange colour TD L series1 GS sedan with a green P plate on it, that car used to be parked out in the street not that far from my house BUT I think it was sold on ebay approx 8 years ago, I never saw it again anyway. That red 76 update TD Rally sedan was a beauty and so cheap, I still have the pictures you emailed me plus a few extra's that I'll post below.

These pics might take a while to post up so I'll have to do them in stages, 8 at a time I think the allowance per post is.

Take care always Ian and great to know your still active on CC!

matt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 06-10-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

This could take a while guys my net connection is reverting to dial up speed...
    Attached Images

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

More pics coming...
    Attached Images

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

more coming with that TC 250 GS in a L model, paint looks like Red Pepper
    Attached Images

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Well Ian, I probably have more TC/D GS pics but I think this will do for now, all the best once again!

matt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 06-10-2015 at 08:37 PM.

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

How are you boys ? Thanks for the welcome.... I've lost count of Fords that I have owned.....the first was a two door mk1 440 1963 have had 3 mk1 both GT's 4 door should have kept the Consul ..RB

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

Gday...I have to ask CC about how many TD Rally paks where produced, and how many Rally Pak Owners contribute to this site...and If there is a Td Rally Car Club ? RB

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Hello Ray,

Good to have you join us on CC! Do you mean the 1976 TD Update Rally model? I'm referring to the red TD Rally that Ian posted? If you mean TD GS Rally Pack's I don't see how we could ever know because they were something you ticked in the dealer options box of your L or XL model 4 or 6cyl Cortina. Being an optional extra so to speak I don't think there would be any way of knowing production numbers in total. I see you own a TD Rally Pack, well the best way to find out would be to get a Ford build sheet letter from Ford Australia Customer Relations Centre, I have a build sheet for my two TC's. Bare in mind that Ford won't tell you in writing any production numbers [as far as I know] but they will tell you over the phone how many cars were produced in your cars exact model variant, that means a carbon copy same engine, trans, trim, paint, options and exactly the same model.

TO get one of these build sheets you need to supply Ford C/S Relations with your ID, proof of ownership [like rego papers or stat dec], and address details, can take a while but its a free service and worth persisting with, I'm happy to attach a letter from one of my cars as an example if you like?

I don't mean to be negative by any means but honestly just finding a car club that likes or at least accepts any TC-F Cortina's isn't an easy task hence that's why many of us belong to CC because there isn't much choice around these days, one gets the feeling that very few T-series have survived.

Hope this helps a little though if only there were more options regarding clubs or groups for our T-series Cortys.

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 07-10-2015 at 10:25 PM.

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

Hello Matt..

Thank you for the info,very helpful.. on the rego papers,the model number and the serial number equal the engine number..but vin/chassis number not recorded is that a worry ? TD XL 2 L OHC..... what is the 76 update model ? Regards RB..

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

That's my pleasure Ray,

No that shouldn't cause any concern, just send in the rego papers and they will most likely find your cars details on their system. If you would like I can show you a stat dec I made up for my walnut glow 74 TC Xl 250 sedan [in order to gain its Ford build letter] I can post it up here just without my full details of course? I think I gave Ford C/S relations the cars SIDO number and serial Prefix number, as long as the numbers match their records they will have your car on file, rego papers should be more than sufficient.

There used to be a Ford historian at the old Ford Discovery Centre [Adrian Ryan] though over the years Ford slowly computerized all of their old records I guess going back to at least the XK Falcon production so that's why you need to call their Customer Relations Centre because they now do all the historical stuff from their computer systems. Just remember after you get your build sheet you need to call back Ford C/S relations and give them your build sheet case file number, once you do that the operator your talking to will give your cars build number in relation to its model and specifications, depending how your car was optioned from new it could be 1 of 1 produced in that same variant you never know [please remember Ford won't give you build details in writing, well they wouldn't with me anyhow]. CC member Bill66 has a show winning TD XLE 75 model and its 1 of only 4 cars built in that exact model variant, once again that means basically identical from new - engine, trans, trim, paint and options in your cars model range i.e. TD XL 2L -Rally Pack option.

I'll post up 3 build sheets and 1 factory build sheet, 3 from my current cars [tc xl 250 wagon and tc xl 250 sedan] the 73 TC XLE letter was from an old parts car I once owned 20 years ago though I will say nothing went to waste from that car but it was just too rusty to save at the time.

The update TD Rally model was actually a series-2 TD, the Series 2 or just referred to as Update model TD started production around early [I think March/April] 1976, a few changes like a none woodgrain dash, front sway bar and the square halogen headlights across the range though the 76 Rally Update used the old sealed beam 7inch Tc/d Xl and L headlights, its the same car as Ian posted the red TD Rally. Also the model codes and I.D. details changed, I think these Update post mid 76 TD's share the same model codes with the TE's.

That's it for now Ray, I'll post up these photo examples I want to show you and come back here a bit later on tonight.

All the best!

matt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 09-10-2015 at 05:06 PM.

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

Hey Matt..............Again thank you very much, I am looking forward to many more c c chats RB...

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

Hi Matt ....looking at your photo of the white car,with the blacked out chrome....looks familiar RB.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

My pleasure once again Ray,

Hopefully have been of some assistance, yes I see what mean very nice colour combination that white TD Rallye Update in the series2 TD update Cortina brochure of approx March 76. Would be great if you could upload some pictures of your TD, I'm sure we'd all love to see it hopefully you won't mind.

All the best once again and maybe we should ask Ian to try checking-in with us on CC a bit more often, he missed our last CC outing as he didn't check the site regularly enough well we all need good excuses!
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 10-10-2015 at 11:03 AM.

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

Hello Matt....Thank you... all information is welcome....with the OHC, does the cam belt need replacing at 100 K like todays cars...I read somewhere that if the belt breaks the valves won't hit the pistons....how accurate is that claim ? and is the timing hard to set once the belt is replaced.....and are parts for this and other tasks readily available like points... or have anyone at CC gone for electric ignition ?
    As soon as I get my printer and this toy talking to each other I am happy to post photos..RB...

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

No worries Ray,

I'm sorry I don't answer questions on the Pinto 2L's, I've around the old 250ci pre and also crossflows for the past 37 years but one would think you wouldn't want to risk finding out the answer to that question should a worn timing belt break esp whilst accelerating. Plenty of CC member's with 2L Corty's so we'll leave that reply open to them?

Take care as always and will look forward to seeing pictures of your TD!

Regards,

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 10-10-2015 at 04:20 PM.

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

Thank's Matt............All of my previous Cortina's have had a chain, from the crankshaft to the cam shaft,one had a double chain and graduations to adjust timing at the crank shaft...dangerous if your guessing ......cheers RB......

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

WLMC716.jpgMy WLMC716.jpgtd rally pak has arrived....have loaded photos at #22
    Last edited by ray brown; 19-02-2016 at 09:19 PM.

ray bowzer
    Ride
    td rally pak

[QUOTE=COR10A;436773]To all the Cortina rally pack owners. How about some photo's of the the fruits of your labour and post some pictures of your rally pack here. Members and vistors. If there is photo's on here, where are they so we can check them out.[/QUOTE

Last edited by ray brown; 19-02-2016 at 09:24 PM.

My TE Rally Pack almost back on the road. Doesn't quite cut the mustard compared to my old TE S pack but it's no good crying over split milk.
    I'm happy with the Rally Pack.
    IMG_5983.jpgIMG_5987.jpgIMG_6057.jpgIMG_6056.jpg
    Last edited by Spack133; 18-01-2017 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Remove photos

I know I am asking for the almost impossible, but can anyone tell me where I may find a TE S pack rear spoiler or where I may be able get one made ?

Thread Information