Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Euro is Doomed.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Default Re: The Euro is Doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    Viewed your Greek story from the above link, sad and I note from CNBC's Greek Tragedy program recently that suicide rates are very high.

Atm (1am 19/7/2012) APAC channel on Foxtel (carrying CSPAN) showing a congressional committee talking with US defence industry reps about the upcoming budget cuts starting 2013, they expect between 1 million to 2 millon job lossed in the defence sector in 2013 alone; paytol and project. The cuts, interestingly, nearly match the stimulus plus interest, except that the stimulus is all said and done with no real benefit notified, yet the cuts will impact the US defence sector for 10 years.

Noted in media this week - more US municipalities and cities - bankrupting, some seeking protection.

None of this is tin foil hat stuff, its all quite real and slowly beginning to roost. Hope you get a chance to view APAC channel, this desperate US manufacturing base making their positions quite clear.
    Tin foils are for people who believe the outside world is going to kill them like Litvenyenkyo. I would like to my a great final interview like him before you- j/k. Some people keep to themselves as like Thoreau and Walden Pond it develops character...There is a old saying from a much older generation stating the business is only marginally less than war in what damage it can inflict if delivered against a countries national interest.The US today looks like what Russia did in the 90's. Look at the turnaround today. Something wrong....
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 19-07-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Ride
    Varied

PURCHASE OFFICIAL FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European/UN standard hazard-warning triangle, designed to improve the 'initial-alert-warning' for approaching traffic at crash scenes (prevents secondary), and breakdowns. Stow in boot. NEW Dealer Retail $35.95. AS3790 accepted!

Ride
    2009 G6E

An old woman in Greece said that during the nazis occupation times were better economically than they are now. I think only one word can describe the coming about of the GFC. GREED.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by cleaner View Post
    An old woman in Greece said that during the nazis occupation times were better economically than they are now. I think only one word can describe the coming about of the GFC. GREED.
    It is a 'confidence' thing. I have family back in Europe and the economy is not good and recent Terrorist attacks in Bulgaria show how volitile the region is. No need for news reporter need to tell me.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 24-07-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Ride
    Varied

Paulo Oliveira and his wife sold their wedding rings to pay the rent after he lost his job as a builder last month. They were the couple’s last pieces of jewelry. We have no more gold to save us from being kicked out this month,” the 46-year-old said as he stood in the area of downtown Lisbon popular with cash-for-gold stores. “Everyone I know is struggling, even the gold stores are empty because nobody has any more gold left to sell.”

Oliveira encapsulates a growing trend in debt crisis- stricken Europe as household gold supplies dry up after record prices and a deepening recession prompted a proliferation of places to exchange the metal for money.

In Portugal, the historical home of some of Europe’s biggest gold reserves, the number of jewelry stores, which include cash-for-gold shops, increased 29 percent in 2011 from a year earlier, a study commissioned by parliament found. In the first quarter, an average of two new stores opened every day, the report said. Now some of them are closing.

“Business has gone from great to terrible in a matter of months,” Luis Almeida, whose family has owned a gold store near Lisbon’s Rossio Square for more than 40 years, said in an interview. “The sad truth is that most of my clients have already sold all of their gold rings.”
    Read more:-
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...ey-misery.html

GREECE situation to date 2012:-
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/greece
    PURCHASE OFFICIAL FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European/UN standard hazard-warning triangle, designed to improve the 'initial-alert-warning' for approaching traffic at crash scenes (prevents secondary), and breakdowns. Stow in boot. NEW Dealer Retail $35.95. AS3790 accepted!

Ride
    Varied

''Very bad, very, very bad,'' says 65-year-old John Demetriou, rubbing tears from his lined face with thick fingers. ''I lost all my money.''

John now lives in the picturesque fishing village of Liopetri on Cyprus' south coast. But for 35 years he lived at Bondi Junction and worked days, nights and weekends in Sydney markets selling jewellery and imitation jewellery.

He had left Cyprus in the early 1970s at the height of its war with Turkey, taking his wife and young children to safety in Australia. He built a life from nothing and, gradually, a substantial nest egg. He retired to Cyprus in 2007 with about $1 million, his life savings.

He planned to spend it on his grandchildren - some of whom live in Cyprus - putting them through university and setting them up. There would be medical bills; he has a heart condition. The interest was paying for a comfortable retirement, and trips back to Australia. He also toyed with the idea of buying a boat.

He wanted to leave any big purchases a few years, to be sure this was where he would spend his retirement. There was no hurry. But now it is all gone.

''If I made the decision to stay, I was going to build a house,'' John says. ''Unfortunately I didn't make the decision yet.

''I went to sleep Friday as a rich man. I woke up a poor man.''
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...e-global-elite

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote-
    Thats what shoe boy language...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVPL...V1twLg&index=1

If the Euro was a aeroplane. The stress cracks are creaking through the fuselage and all its engines are on fire....
    My folks are getting USD as they are safer than Euro's. What a failed experiment...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...-steps/274470/
    Even for mainstream the writing is on the wall...
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 31-03-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Ride
    2009 G6E

[QUOTE=ELSpeedo;421397]Quote-
    If the Euro was a aeroplane. The stress cracks are creaking through the fuselage and all its engines are on fire....
    My folks are getting USD as they are safer than Euro's. What a failed experiment...

When the EU was for set up the rules to join where strict. One rule was that countries couldn't join that had a high foreign debt. But the rules were changed to allow countries like Italy and Greece in. Two countries that were and are in debt 'to the eyeballs' and had been for years.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Like Pavlov's dog (Russian pun) when I think EU I think the words- d o o m e d.

Quote-
    The Euro was not launched for economic, but for political reasons.

Think about that one and politically what has happened over the past 15 years or so.
    Some say the Euro was made to take on the USD. What a dismal failure that was.
    Could also explain the financial crisis in 2008. I've leave those to weave their own
    webs on that one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5LxWwfyHyY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGNoZfvRoA
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 01-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Ride
    2009 G6E

Yes the Euro was set up for political reasons, but the rules of entry into it were changed for political reasons. The Italians wanted to be in but with a huge debt it seemed unlikely. So the successors of those who set the EU up changed the rules of entry so the hugely in debt Italians and later the Greeks were allowed in. With those changes it was only a matter of time until the EU fell over.
    But it was a floored system from the start. Every country that is in the EU should have abandoned their own tax collection system, or for countries like Italy made sure everyone paid their share of tax and then sent the money to a central point to be distributed to the member countries. Of course that would never have happened because most EU members don't trust each other.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

With all the conspiracy theories on QE3 is the question
    of the existence of the Euro beyond 2016? or 2013?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxgwI-0Sozg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4QRlc_boVc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoJthzxpn7A
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 21-06-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

As many know the Euro is still doomed. The financial Euro anyway.
    The political Euro is much older. The Germans may make ok cars
    but they certainly cannot finance Europe forever without going south financially.
    The last time Germany ran Europe ended in disaster as well. Cannot see
    now the second time around it would be any different.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...h-bankers.html
    Irish vs the Germans.

Quote-
    Wolfgang Schaeuble, Germany’s finance minister, has criticised the Irish bankers caught on tape joking about the Irish banking system bailout, calling them “aloof super humans” who were worthy of contempt.
    The comments followed the relased of transcrips of telephone conversation from 2008 between bankers at Anglo Irish Bank that have caused outrage worldwide.
    John Bowe, Anglo’s head of capital markets, and Peter Fitzgerald, director of retail banking, were heared laughing and mocking as authorities were preparing a rescue deal for the country’s teetering banking system.
    This has led to accusation that the lender suckered the Irish government into a €7bn (6bn) bail-out knowing that much more was needed. The bankers are also heard singing a pre-war verse of the German national anthem, with the words "Deutschland uber alles".

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...cord-27-2.html
    Poor Spain its all Germanies fault. You cannot take austerity out of a stone.

Quote-
    Spain's unemployment rate rose to a new record of 27.2 percent in the first quarter of this year, with 6.2 million people out of work, data revealed today.
    The gloomy news from the country's National Statistics Institute came as one of the top economic advisers to Chancellor Angela Merkel's government has claimed the euro may not survive more than five more years.
    Dr Kai Konrad said in a candid interview with newspaper Welt am Sonntag: 'Europe is important to me. Not the euro. And I would only give the euro a limited chance of survival.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzToBNKVwBs
    Hungary leaving the EU like Iceland? Who knows.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...m_ukip_britain
    Pandering to popularism? Perhaps the elites have been caught out manipulating society for its own ends
    and how the elites consider society as their plaything and 'it always knows better' shows their arrogance.
    Europe has some deep underlying issues that do need addressing before they spill over. Ignoring the
    majority for the minority influence will undoubtedly backfire in the end and perhaps jeapodise the elites
    own position of self-righteousness. Many question the social-economic-political-military failures of the elites
    and well you know if you want power you better know how to use it- or loose it.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 13-05-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

France makes big gains against open immigration polices/high unemployment and people fed up with Euro policies
    that have pie in the sky ideas and the Euro banksters are getting desperate. About time
    people found out there is more than a two horse race in government. Globalisation
    only helps the top 2% in society who get access to markets the ordinary Joe
    & Jane do not get access to and is slowly/rapidly being undone by Russia and China
    giving the bird to the West anyway. Our wages and standard of living have been
    eroded so much some envy Russia and Chinas booms while we decline. The far
    lefts love of social extremism and pandering to Islamo-fundamentalism is getting
    bad press enough the way it is.

O my God there is a woman in charge. Those islamo-tards could never have a woman in office!

quote-
    They no longer want to be led by those outside our borders, by EU commissioners and technocrats who are unelected. They want to be protected from globalization and take back the reins of their destiny," she said.

France was a founding member of the European Union but voters have grown increasingly disenchanted with its free-market and open-border policies in recent years, rejecting a proposed EU constitution in a 2005 referendum.

Partial results released by the Interior Ministry gave the FN 26 percent, even higher than expected in pre-vote polls.

http://www.jpost.com/International/M...ections-354343

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/..._movement.html
    The idiots in Brussels don't have much of a NATO to combat Russia nor do they have the financial strength to stand on their own-
    doomed I say doomed from the start. Lots of hot air and ambitious statements with little real world gains for the European people
    too see. May the death of globalisation spread as well. The might&prestige and intellect Europe once had is now so diluted and misrepresented
    it no longer deserves the EU name.

quote-
    I'm anti-globalisation. There is nothing more enriching than to go out into the world and meet people different to you. We must fight the spread of a singular way of thinking and preserve cultural differences- Alain Ducasse

I agree the only people who like globalisation are those who exploit it or use it to gloss over our differences
    rather than respecting them- thats where mutual respect comes from. Telling where all the same only
    breeds confusion,hypocrisy, animosity eventually hatred as these ideas usually come from people with
    no cultural identity at all- shallow individualism. Pop culture is such a cancerous dirge nobody of intellect
    thinks its should spread- without it being curtailed. Europe's culture is complex and due to this
    its was a failure that should have never been attempted.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 01-06-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Ride
    2009 G6E

There was an English bloke on the TV talking about the Euro zone saying it was basically a mutual admiration society between the French and Germans and that the rest didn't matter or count for anything.
    "Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it but you are the only one to feel it's warmth."

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by cleaner View Post
    There was an English bloke on the TV talking about the Euro zone saying it was basically a mutual admiration society between the French and Germans and that the rest didn't matter or count for anything.
    I remember when I was young my Grandfather told me a story about a King who wanted to know what his subjects thought of him as he did
    not think his advisors were telling the truth in fear of offending him. So he put on a disguise and went to observe his people and he was
    rather shocked to say the least. Moral of the story is never just trust you own kind as sometimes even your subjects to your bitter enemies might provide
    worthwhile advice...to consider. Arrogance has often left to many kings being taken by rivals or by somebody waiting silently in the wings
    waiting for your next- fatal mistake. Afterall Hitler was a homeless man once so I never treat poor people rudely/badly as oneday you could
    be on the receiving end...I judge people by their character and how they act in public as a judge more so than anything else and If they
    have a code of honor or not.

http://www.thelocal.de/20140527/meet-the-racist
    Nazis out of the woodwork.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 10-06-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Ride
    bf xr8 ute

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and no one is really sure about the universe yet"
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Ride
    bf xr8 ute

The West’s leaders are full of lawyers, Putin is ex-KGB. If ever there was an example of him playing chess while the West plays checkers, the following chart is it. Despite Western protestations that its sanctions will hurt Russia more than Europe this morning, one look at Europe’s huge net trade balance with Russia for food and it’s clear who is really going to feel the pain. As Martin Armstrong noted previously, “Putin has responded to [Western] sanctions as any really smart chess-player would – you get the supporters of your adversary to jump-ship.” What better way to crack the ‘stop-Putin’ alliance than to force Europe into trade deficits and squeeze their economies (especially Germany)?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...sian-sanctions
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and no one is really sure about the universe yet"

Ride
    bf xr8 ute

how to win new friends esp if there currently not happy with america ie argentina

http://rt.com/business/178664-latin-...ts-russia-ban/

Ride
    bf xr8 ute

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...-tapering.html

European bonds yields are the lowest since before Columbus first sailed west
    more interesting things

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsy View Post
    quote-
    "Well, we believe an America where minimum wage jobs they're not lifetime gigs they're stepping stones to a good job with sustainable wages -- teaches work ethic. We believe helping Americans climb the economic ladder -- not get stuck on the first rung."- Sarah Palin

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/...eflection.aspx
    Nothing wrong with decent values- nomatter the belief system- this rings true.

So essentially she is saying its good to learn a work ethic- grow a brain and progress upward and onward
    that fast food checkout person may wind up to be a rocket scientist or develop the cure for a disease.
    They may start as a auto worker in a factory and go on to be head of QC or even develop parts
    to a whole new car. A army run by privates will achieve little without a Generals advice and motivation??
    Innovation, introspection and humility were things that make a country strong as for others- well..
    She is right we don't need a nation of burger flippers to be number 1 again- its much, much more than that.
    To recognise talent when its there is also another thing in college university+scholarships...her father
    was a science teacher after all. The more they rubbish here the more credos she gets from me.
    The negativity and stupidity from the democrats is almost sickening. Einstein is in disbelief...

Maybe Columbus needs to sail back home and show the Europeans the benefits and pitalls of going it alone
    discovery and prosperity are interlinked...

Europe will survive but it needs to do things differently rather than think it alone knows all the answers-
    then it will show Russia the problems of its on need checking in order to correct the 'imbalance'.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 12-08-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Ride
    bf xr8 ute

nobody wants to be a minium wage earner there whole life but there are some people in the current system that will never be more than minium wage earners as the jobs they would of done and are capable of doing are being replaced by computers and robots, there are further people who employers wont even give them that opertunity to earn a minium wage due to a disability or a compo claim.

where the hurt is really going to come in the next 10 to 20 years is the next class of workers to be replaced by computers and robots is going to be middle management which are doing a lot of repetitive papper work, the previous class was labours for example how many companys have a mail worker now for internal mail, how many labourer jobs have been replaced on farms due to machinery.

so at the end of the day a minium wage job should mean if your working 38 hours a week you shouldent be living below the poverty line.

as for asking a 14/16/18/20 year old kid what they want to do for the rest of there lives and then making it impossible to leave that carrier is not a good thing and will basicly end up with a whole heap of 30 to 50 year olds who hate there jobs because they chose it when they where young and foolish or sold a lot of lies by the schools,
    this one area where america and europe lag behind australia , example a mate lived in germany for 12months with his g/f he is a qualified in australia boat mechanic, but for the 6 years prior to going to germany had been working as a heavy diesel mechanic and rebuilding zf transmissions and had completed zf training course's then went and worked on diesel gensets for 2 years from 5kva to 2500kva, he then goes to germany and even though he had a high demand job he couldent get employment because because he wasent trained as a diesel mechanic, he even offered to work for a day for free so they could see he was keen and compant and again was told no because he wasent offically qualified, he then tried for a job as a marine mechanic to be told he wasnet qualfied as a marine mechanic in germany and they couldent hire him, they then moved to newzealand for a year he had a job in new zealand before he had left germany working as a truck mechanic.

as for schols training people to no employement my sister inlaw has completed her diploma in neuroscience specilizing in alchemizer research who cant get a job in her field because she wasent trained at certain university's, she cant even complete to her phd due to lack of reserch funds in the university's for reaserch that doesent involve climate change,
    so how good does that look on a resume when applying for a job at macca's whats your highest level of education diploma in neuroscience specilizing in alchemizer the reasction 9 times out of 10 this one is over educated to be working here 25 years old uni trained and cant even get a job at macca's to be able to pay for the cost of uni to get what has become a useless qualification

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Im a veteran of a forgotten war fighting a losing cyber war hoping
    our moneied overlords get burned alive in a nuclear holocaust
    in revenge for destroying society to benefit a few...and our
    enemies are closing in from all directions.

Computers were supposed to improve our lives not enslave
    us nor put us out of work or send our jobs overseas or
    have a indifferent academic system that is too busy fighting
    amoungst itself and playing favorites.

If our system was as Palin envisioned it was those entry level jobs
    which led to decent jobs are gone- the middle class is moth
    riddled and the 2%'s are doing jack **** for all the power
    they have and their enemies are preparing to slaughter
    them- and they seem not to realise this yet.

I hate them both and soon it won't matter. They don't realise
    it was societies cohesion that keep the great scheme of things
    together and they thought it would somehow work playing
    around with the grand design we had that was so sucessful
    since WWII which built our power. The globalisation or
    barstadisation as I call it has enabled our foes to
    attack us while they think they still want to trade with
    us...when they hate our guts and set a trap...

If were let of gently the Cold War will start very much in
    vigor for the next few decades or World War 3
    is on the horizon...Bear bombers are flying around
    again and subs are on the prowl and our stupid
    pollies+business leaders still think its 1991.

I like that game 'World in Conflict' don't you- it
    seems to get more truer by the day.

and strength & wisdom now in terminal decline in the Western World.

I din't think they can fix it and our leaders seem weak and
    indifferent to the true challenges we face.

time is running out as you know and we may realise this
    by then it may be too late.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 12-08-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information