Thread: 1979 Transit Truck Project

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Default 1979 Transit Truck Project

Well, here is a project thread for my Mk2 Transit truck, 1979 model.

Last year I was looking for a diesel 4x4 Japanese flat tray like a Hilux/Navara/Landcruiser/Patrol to use as a farm vehicle for my 5 acres, as a winter transport when the road gets muddy or I get snowed in (which teh neighbours tell me happens occaisionally here, although I am in my second winter here and it has not happened yet...) and for a tow vehicle for all my random junk and old cars...it seemed like the sensible choice of vehicle.
    So naturally I bought a petrol powered 2wd Ford Transit truck instead!

As I bought it , there were some small problems.

The paint is very thin and patched and worn through in places, which owing to it living in a seaside village resulted in a layer of surface rust.

The driver's window would wind down but not up, until my father wound it right down and it dissapeared into the door...

It had not been serviced in ages, the brakes were EXTREMELY dodgy, the tyres were ten year old retreads, the speedo did not work, and the tray mounted crane was not working, the electric winch for it was in a box in the cab.
    Also some switches have been bypassed and things don't always work properly, and the sealed beams are terrible and one doesn't work.

All the same, it made good daily transport for a while...until I heard a flicking noise and discovered a chunk of tread peeling itself off the front tyre

Then I found where the brake fluid was going...straight through the front brake hoses onto the ground

First thing is that the local brake shop doesn't do Transit hoses...nor do they have the right fittings, so $120 later they reused my old hose ends and welded them onto new crimp connectors and made new hoses for me.

Next I had to get new tyres...luckily my boss also owns a tyre shop!
    7 new Bridgestone light truck tyres later...over $700 even at staff discount...it was now no longer possible to drift it up the twisty gravel road to my place in third gear, now you needed second!
    Burnouts also became rather difficult, not to say undesirable considering the cost of the tyres and the fact that killing the rears means 4 new ones...

Then a full service and carby rebuild, thermostat housing etc so now she runs properly, however the 5.6:1 diff ratio meant that valve bounce was not far north of 90 kmh...so I decided there was only one thing to do!
    Spend my tax refund on a Borg Warner T5!

This turned up with the wrong bellhousing, an OHC one...then three months of waiting for the right bellhousing to be supplied, all the while the truck is in pieces with no gearbox in it...
    Then it turns out that a T5 is not as easy to fit in a Transit as it is in a Falcon...of which more later.

The dodgy window winder was removed, the rivets drilled out, and it was determined that the shaft had worn down, quite a deep groove.
    No problem, just press it all apart, chick it in the lathe, and cut an even groove to clean metal then weld it up and machine it back to the proper size.
    Assemble with M4 bolts instead of rivets and now it is not only as good as new but canbe pulled apart and regreased if need be.
    Also the spiral that it drives has been turned 180 degrees to expose a fresh surface for another 30 years of winding.

Now to some piccies.

THese are pics of it before I picked it up. Note the surface rust, also note the crane on the tray which will have an electric winch mounted on it, to replace the one which died.
    Now this is not going to be a quick and dirty, it will be wired properly with heavy cable straight from the battery with a monster fuse or circuit breaker, and will not be wired directly to the winch. The hand controller will bridge the gap via two different sized Anderson plugs and will live in the cab so no **** can hood it to something while parked and tear it up.

Next up is a pic of some damage sustained (while I was not driving it I might add!) when it slid on some muddy grass into a trailer.
    One straight bumper twisted, one nice end cap smashed, one straightish guard dented. Annoyed does not begin to describe it.

Here it is in my driveway, during its period of daily driving.

And in the yard at work while being my commuter.

Here towing a friend's LJ Torana RB30 turbo powered drag car, off to get the Motec wired up!

Hmmmmmm.........can anyone guess what my other automotive passion is besides old Fords?

Gratuitous shot of turbo Torana drag car...

Out with the old...Borg Warner 0503 single rail...actually out of a Cortina so the shifter is 4 inches forward...good for a Transit operation, but not fun when I have to extend the hole in the floor by 4 inches and cut things to make the new one fit!

The new 5 speed which will save me fuel and sanity by dropping my revs at highway speeds...Borg Warner T5 from an EA Falcon.

The demented shifter modified to reach out from under the passenger seat.
    I will be doing something better for the 5 speed for sure!

The interior is in need of some attention...

Engine bay pics, just for fun...

Sitting in the shed minus gearbox...looks sad

Now to the fun stuff...fitting a T5 into a Transit!

First up, there is a cross brace that is in the exact place where the shifter needs to be...
    Out with the grinder!

Here it is where it needs to be.
    The cut section will be boxed around to restore strength, although this is not a really critical brace...I have driven for a long time a Transit with this brace cut to fit a Falcon single rail which has the shifter in the same spot.

Now the second thing that is wrong, is that the T5 is not flat on top like a 3 or 4 speed...it is in fact about an inch taller on top!
    This means that the main crossmember that runs across the top of the box fouls the gearbox so it needs to be modified...
    Out with the angle grinder again!

The offending crossmember.

What needs tweaking...all measured out for the cut!
    The first cut is the scary bit, after that it's all fun 'cos there's no turning back so you might as well enjoy the ride!

Here we go!

The big lump at the heart of the "fun"...

It fits!!!
    This is a good thing...a very good thing!

The clearance at final gearbox mounting height. Looks good to me!

Now I will be plating it in with 5mm steel which should make it stronger than the original 2mm stuff.

Next problem is that the gearbox mount is 2 inches further back on a T5 and the mounting holes are a different spacing.
    This will be solved with a 10mm plate drilled for the 4 speed mount and drilled 2 inches back for the 5 speed mount which will tie it all together.
    To compensate for the 10mm there will be a pair of spacer plates between the crossmember and the chassis to keep it all level.
    I just got the steel tonight. Tomorrow night should be fabrication and installation night.

Also I need anew gearbox mount as the original is very oil soaked and like jelly.
    I need a new speedo drive gear too as the original is missing several teeth, the cause of my non working speedo.
    $22 in stock at mylocal Ford dealer, unless anyone has a good green Falcon speedo gear for cheap???

Another consideration is that the clutch cable is on the other side, so I needed to get a new cable made up which cost $76 reusing my old cable fittings.

As soon as I get this part finished the gearbox can go back in for the final time and once I pay the rego which is now due I can get back on the road, albeit with only a driver's seat until I make a new shifter up as the current one will foul the passenger seat.

I am now on the lookout for a TE-TF Cortina Ghia instrument cluster, the one with a tacho as I feel blind driving without one as my other cars all have tachos and so does the bus I drive all day long. I need a tacho!

I have been told that I need a Corty speedo cable and the dash cluster wiring harness and connector to splice in also.

I might have hopefully found one, but don't let that stop you telling me if you know where I can get one!

Now also high on the list is to make some sides for the tray and to ditch the Toyota brake master cylinder and fit a Falcon one.

Long term I want power steering and the interior will be redone and a rebuilt high compression 250 running on gas will be built for it and of course a full respray in 2-pak will happen in due course.

In the shorter term though, I want it back on the road as my daily driver over summer and getting in next year's firewood, and my Volvo 242 GT will be going onto Special Interest registration in October pending a turbo conversion and some serious working over so the Tranny will be doing daily driver duty until I get something else to be my daily next winter, probably one of the bog standard Volvo 240s in my backyard...or maybe the manual 164E I am doing up which will be getting a Megasquirt computer to replace the old Bosch D-Jet and a turbo to wake it up a bit...although it makes as much power from its 3 litre engine in 1973 spec as a high compression pre emissions Ford 250...so with a turbo and tunable ECU it should be mental!

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Default Re: 1979 Transit Truck Project

Well, I am working on the adapter to bolt the gearbox up to the old mounting.
    The trouble is that the bolt hole spacing on the 5 speed is 20mm narrower than on the 4 speed, and 50mm further back.
    The plan is to use 10mm steel and make a plate that bolts under the 5 speed, and has a set of holes drilled and tapped 50mm forward to bolt the 4 speed mount to.
    A set of 10mm spacers will be between the gearbox crossmember and the chassis to maintain the same gearbox height.

Pics of work so far, not too much as I had very little time in the shed so far.

This is the piece of 10mm steel that will be used, 200x100mm

Descaled and painted with layout blue, centrelines marked using a vernier height gauge, just because I have one and it makes it sooo much easier!

The holes have been centre punched and will now be centre drilled and then opened up in stages to preserve location accuracy before two of them will be tapped 1/2" UNF and bolted to the top of the gearbox mount. THe other two will be opened up to clearance size for the mount bolts on the 5 speed.

Shot of the 4 speed mount upside down and centred on its holes. You can see where the holes are marked for the bolts that will hold the plate to the underside of the 5 speed gearbox.
    1979 Transit Mk2 Truck project thread here

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Well...what do you do when someone else's stupidity costs you hours of work?
    You swear like a bloody sailor, that's what!

I went into the shed this morning to continue making my adapter plates for the truck, but not all went according to plan...

Holes spotted with a centre drill

This is one end of a 25x10mm bar which will become the spacers between the gearbox mounting crossmember and the chassis, to restore the correct gearbox mounting height.
    First pic shows it descaled on a linisher and sprayed with layout dye and marked.
    Second shows centre drilled.

Large plate being drilled.
    Vice is not big enough to hold it, hence the speed clamp.

Small spacer being drilled.
    Note the piece of wood to support the metal and prevent drilling the vice...
    Note also that I have marked each spacer from the ends of the bar and I am drilling them while still attached to be cut off later.
    This gives a big handle to hang onto.

One more down!

All holes drilled to their correct sizes, either clearance or tapping, and all holes deburred with my lovely deburring tool which I could not live without.

Tap chucked in the drill and turned by hadn to start it straight and true.

Chuck released and the whole lot taken out and put in a big vice to finish tapping with a tap wrench.

Now comes the fun bit...I went to run the bolts in their holes.
    No go.
    Looking at it the tapping hole seemed to be a bit big, the thread was not full depth. This puzzled me as I was sure I had chosen the correct tapping size drill bit.
    Then I looked closer.
    In the packet of my nice brand new 1/2" UNF tap, which was marked as such on the box and which I had bought expressly for this job, was in fact a M12x1.25 tap!!!
    To say I was livid is understatement.
    The threads are not deep enough for a decent strength if I substitute the bolt size, due to using the correct tapping drill for 1/2 UNF, and it is now tapped with a metreic thread so retapping in the correct pitch is likely going to make it worse.
    So...there goes a nice new piece of steel and a couple of hours work!
    I'm not bloody happy!

Thinking on it, I should have read the etching on the tap before using it, but it was a brand new tap in its box, bought for this job and not removed from its box by me before.

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Double post...
    Last edited by carnut1100; 03-11-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Ride
    Turbo Fairlane

nice work man. i love these old trucks. good to see more people enjoying them

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Next update time...

First up the adapter plate which was ruined by the wrong tap was replaced by the place that put the wrong tap in the box...

Here it is with the side spacers that will put the crossmember down by the same height and keep the pinion angle correct and not lose the height above the gearbox which was so hard won...

Here is the 5mm thick stiffener to go in where I cut the chassis crossmember.
    It goes about 100mm past the cut opening on each side which is getting plug welded through holes in the crossmember giving extra support.
    Getting it into the hole was rather fun...

Here is how far I got before the heat coming off the 5mm plate got too much for me as I couldn't find the welding gloves...so I went into town and bought some new ones.

New gearbox mount, old one is pretty rooted...

This is the heat that was cooking my hands...I turned the torch off and got the camera and it was still this hot...

All fired up and ready to go!

The current state of play.

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Last night I finally got it all back together, all welding finished and components installed...
    Couldn't drive it out of the shed though, as it was out of fuel and the starter circuit seems to have gone on the blink...gotta start it with a screwdriver on the terminals...
    Not a hard fix though. Just a bit of crawling under the dash.
    I intend to fully rewire it anyhow so a bodge now will do for a bit.

Well...here are the piccies!

Welding finished on the crossmember.

Coat of paint on it and welds ground down.
    Next time the gearbox is out I will pretty it up with filler and sand it smooth and paint it properly, but for now a coat of black Killrust will do fine...

Closeup of the crossmember mods...stronger than original!

New speedo drive gear, old one was missing many teeth...might have had something to do with my speedo not working!

Here is the assembled new gearbox mount and the adapter plate.

This rib on the gearbox fouled the adapter plate, so I filed it down slightly, keeping it looking nice of course!

The adapter setup in position.

The side spacers which keep my pinion angle correct and stop the gearbox from sitting higher.

All in place and working out fine!

The final installed clearance on the crossmember.

Shifter position. Not ideal but it will do.

Falcon gear lever installed backwards to have it bend forwards, shift knob turned around (by shoving a bit of balled up paper into it so it stops the right way around when the threads tighten up...) and it all works fine. Can't put the passenger seat back in though until I make up a new "plumber's nightmare" lever that will clear the seat frame...

All left now is to fill the fuel up and sort the starter circuit, then I'm driving it to work over the summer!

Ride
    03 NA XR6 Manual

Just heat the shifter up with the oxy in a vice and just bend it a bit, simple quick fix
    BA NA XR6 Manual in Blueprint
    PH4495's, XR6T exhaust, F6 Intake + Pod, 36lb Injectors, 7kg CrMo Flywheel, XRT HD Clutch, Alloy CSC, DBA Slotted, Bendix pads.
    2x 12" Response subs, Response Splits and 6x9's, JVC head unit, 2x 4x100wrms Amps, Spaghetti jungle of wiring.

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Bit more to it than that...(like everything on this conversion!).
    The passenger seat is a two seater, and comes quite close to the driver's seat.
    There's not really room to fit your hand down witht he other seat there, and the lever will either hit the pasenger seat in first, or the driver's seat in fifth.
    The solution is to have a lever that goes forwards under the passenger seat overhang and comes up in front of the seat to a spot that is nice and reachable directly under the steering wheel.
    Only downside is that the shift action becomes a bit more "up and down" than "forwards and backwards".
    Worked ok with the 4 speed though.
    Only other option is make it a 2 seat vehicle, which I don't want to do.

In other news, she runs!
    Took her for a drive earliler.
    Gotta bleed the brakes and do the timing and adjust a few other things, but it lives!
    Gearbox is sweet shifting, and the overdrive makes it all worthwhile!

Ride
    Ford Focus

Quote Originally Posted by carnut1100 View Post
    Well, here is a project thread for my Mk2 Transit truck, 1979 model.

Last year I was looking for a diesel 4x4 Japanese flat tray like a Hilux/Navara/Landcruiser/Patrol to use as a farm vehicle for my 5 acres, as a winter transport when the road gets muddy or I get snowed in (which teh neighbours tell me happens occaisionally here, although I am in my second winter here and it has not happened yet...) and for a tow vehicle for all my random junk and old cars...it seemed like the sensible choice of vehicle.
    So naturally I bought a petrol powered 2wd Ford Transit truck instead!

Then a full service and carby rebuild, thermostat housing etc so now she runs properly, however the 5.6:1 diff ratio meant that valve bounce was not far north of 90 kmh...so I decided there was only one thing to do!
    Spend my tax refund on a Borg Warner T5!

Also I need anew gearbox mount as the original is very oil soaked and like jelly.
    I need a new speedo drive gear too as the original is missing several teeth, the cause of my non working speedo.
    $22 in stock at mylocal Ford dealer, unless anyone has a good green Falcon speedo gear for cheap???

Another consideration is that the clutch cable is on the other side, so I needed to get a new cable made up which cost $76 reusing my old cable fittings.

As soon as I get this part finished the gearbox can go back in for the final time and once I pay the rego which is now due I can get back on the road, albeit with only a driver's seat until I make a new shifter up as the current one will foul the passenger seat.

Now also high on the list is to make some sides for the tray and to ditch the Toyota brake master cylinder and fit a Falcon one.

Long term I want power steering and the interior will be redone and a rebuilt high compression 250 running on gas will be built for it and of course a full respray in 2-pak will happen in due course.

In the shorter term though, I want it back on the road as my daily driver over summer and getting in next year's firewood, and my Volvo 242 GT will be going onto Special Interest registration in October pending a turbo conversion and some serious working over so the Tranny will be doing daily driver duty until I get something else to be my daily next winter, probably one of the bog standard Volvo 240s in my backyard...or maybe the manual 164E I am doing up which will be getting a Megasquirt computer to replace the old Bosch D-Jet and a turbo to wake it up a bit...although it makes as much power from its 3 litre engine in 1973 spec as a high compression pre emissions Ford 250...so with a turbo and tunable ECU it should be mental!
    Dude, your the man! That is too much work i am just curious how much did the restoration of that vehicle cost you? When i just look and read also at the picture i was wondering how long did it took you to get that vehicle alive and kicking again? That is really a head turner when your seeing vintage vehicles on the road. I am really a fan of vintage cars so i find it enjoying while reading your thread. Know i know that toyota brake master cylinder can fit into your Ford transit truck.
    Last edited by andreasue; 04-12-2010 at 06:32 AM.

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

I don't know what Toyota cylinder it is out of, was fitted by the previous owner when he couldn't find a genuine replacement one.
    Brakes are still a sore point for me, not as powerful as they should be and tend to stick on when the truck's been parked a few days. High on my list for the near future is a different master cylinder and new rear hose, rebuild the calipers and rear cylinders etc and new pads/shoes. Basically a full rebuild of the brakes.
    ALready got new front hoses on it, as they were leaking fluid. No replacements were available so the brake place cut off the metal fittings and welded them to crimp fittings and made me new hoses. Cost was about $120 and then I found new hoses ex-UK for about 10 quid apiece...wish I'd found them a few weeks earlier!

As for the costing so far...
    Purchase of the vehicle was $1500, with about 5 months of rego on it.
    A full new set of Bridgestone tyres, 7 of them including spare, cost me just over $700 with an employee discount included (boss owns a tyre shop...). The old ones were 10 year old retreads and the tread was starting to peel off in strips...with the new tyres it went from doing drifting at half throttle in 3rd gear on the hill to my place to needing a bootfull of throttle in 2nd...
    Gearbox with the XF bellhousing cost me about $700
    Gearbox mount ~$30
    Speedo gear $22
    Fancy gearbox oil ~$25
    Brake hoses $125
    Carby kit $40
    New rubber elbow for air cleaner to carb $40
    Rad hose $20
    NOS interior light (not yet fitted) $20 ex-eBay
    Fitted a pushbutton starter switch yesterday after the old one quit. $10

THat's pretty much the cost so far.
    I'm going to do the brake rebuild, also planning a complete rewire as the electrics have been hacked and bodged something terrible. I intend to fit halogen headlihgts instead of sealed beams, wire everything with modern oxygen free copper wiring, all high current devices will have relays and a modern blade fuse box, seperatable harnesses for easy diagnostics and modular construction. I will be sketching it out and then doing a full wiring diagram in AutoCAD then going for it. Estimated cost $800-1000 as all components will be top quality and I will be incorporating some extra features such as halogen worklights, Anderson plugs around the vehicle for jumpstarting etc, a second battery, and wiring up the electric winch on the crane.
    Also been given an alloy head 250 crossflow which I will be rebuilding and fitting with a tow cam. It will remove the need for valve saver additives and give more grunt than the 200 in there now. I keep having thoughts about a turbo...but I probably shouldn't! Estimated cost around $6-700
    I will be refurbishing the tray in the near future, scrapping the worn out plywood floor and fitting hardwood planking, 1 inch thick. At the same time I will be making up some sideboards for it so I can take loose loads. Also out of hardwood planking. Estimated cost $500.
    Cab will be resprayed by myself in original white, using 2 pack paint. Estimated cost $1000
    Full interior retrim is a fair way off, but not expensive as there esn't much to retrim on these. Probably will do most of it myself and cost will be minimal.

Ride
    03 NA XR6 Manual

If you can get your hands on a short throw shifter that will lessen the throw enough to help with your shifter issues, or if your really creative you could make your own
    BA NA XR6 Manual in Blueprint
    PH4495's, XR6T exhaust, F6 Intake + Pod, 36lb Injectors, 7kg CrMo Flywheel, XRT HD Clutch, Alloy CSC, DBA Slotted, Bendix pads.
    2x 12" Response subs, Response Splits and 6x9's, JVC head unit, 2x 4x100wrms Amps, Spaghetti jungle of wiring.

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

I will have to look into that...nice idea!

In other news, the Toyota master seems to have died...it swallowed a whole reservoir of fluid in about 20km and then the brakes just went away...
    It ended up parked in a slightly unconventional part of my yard when it got home...
    Been told probably around $300 for the right cylinder...thinking I might be able to do a little better than that!

Ride
    One with wheels

Quote Originally Posted by carnut1100 View Post
    I will have to look into that...nice idea!

In other news, the Toyota master seems to have died...it swallowed a whole reservoir of fluid in about 20km and then the brakes just went away...
    It ended up parked in a slightly unconventional part of my yard when it got home...
    Been told probably around $300 for the right cylinder...thinking I might be able to do a little better than that!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-TRANSIT-B...0#ht_858wt_700

Ride
    BA Sedan, 79 F350

going through the thread thats a fj40,45,60 landcruiser master cylinder fitted to it brand new around 120bux retail or from 50-100 on ebay

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Thanks for the link to the UK one...probably how I will go I think.
    Thanks also for the info re the Toyota one, but it was never quite right with it on there so I think I will persevere with finding the right one.

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Thanks for the link to the UK one...probably how I will go I think.
    Thanks also for the info re the Toyota one, but it was never quite right with it on there so I think I will persevere with finding the right one.

Transit Nutter
    Ride
    Transit/Falcon

Long time no update, but here goes!

Found a secondhand master and went to use it but it died.....

Pulled the dodgy master and tried to strip it and fit the new rubber kit.
    One of the pistons was stuck in there so well that 90 psi off my compressor wouldn't shift it!
    Sooooooo....back to square one!
    Luckily I found someone with a brand new aftermarket master cylinder in the UK and it is now in my hot little hands ready for fitting!
    Got to pay rego on it (again!) and should be good to go!

No recent piccies as my digital camera just died (loaned it to somone and it came back with a bent lens housing....repair is more than camera is worth) but I also have found something REALLY cool to go on it when I start rewing!
    A few weeks back I took a couple of days with mates in Melbourne (first time there in 25 years, first time out of Tasmania in 19....) and while there we did lots of wrecking yards (not to mention Ford Discovery Centre, FPV shop, driving around Broadmeadows plant etc...) and in one of these yards I got a near mint set of those original Transit truck tail lights, with the big "FORD" script in white across them!!!
    They look near new, but have been on a vehicle. I reckon a cab chassis was rebodied from new and these were chucked in a box...the white paint on the lettering is intact and the lenses look new with just a couple of minor scratches, paint on the brackets looks good, wiring nice, got them for $80!
    Will put photos up soon...
    My carry on had them wrapped up in it along with camera lenses and not much else...I saw it go through the X-ray at the airport and the operator did a double take, reversed it, gave it a good look,sent it on its way then pulled it back for another look before he was satisfied...I was trying not to laugh...

Picked up a full LPG conversion from a Mk2 which I am tossing up about fitting. Gotta pay for a tank retest as it is out of date, and I can't hook it up as I don't have the licence.

Tossing up whether or not to replace the bent front bumper with a big kick arse ally bullbar with a set of kangaroo blinders......

Also going to ditch the stuffed mirrors and get a brand new set of West Coasters probably in 16". Can even get heated ones!
    Instant defrost hell yeah!

My plan of using the ex-fire truck block heater for warm up fell apart when I tested it out and it tripped the RCD on the house!
    I have looked into it and it's just a housing with rad hose fittings on each end and a section of MIMS element (mineral insulated metal sheath, the kind that most oven elements and electric kettle elements are made of) inside it. I reckon the sheath has developed a pinhole and that has let water into the mica insulation and shorted from the nichrome wire element directly to earth, tripping t he RCD.
    So...I shall look for a kettle or oven element and either try and fix this one or build another of my own!
    Sometimes it is handy to have an appliance test and tag certificate and the testing gear to go with it!
    Found the issue in seconds...
    Also means I can make the new one safe before I fit it....

At the moment I am in a marathon wreck stripping session, taking next week off work to strip 2 Volvo 240s, 2 740s (16 valve engine for my 242GT yay!!!) and a 940 so I can get some neighbours happy...mind you I think there is no better garden ornament than old cars!
    Sadly not everybody shares my passion....

Also in REALLY good news, I have found a Cortina Ghia sports pack dash cluster with tacho!
    Just have to get the wiring plug from a Cortina dash harness and a Cortina speedo cable and it can go in!!!

Thread Information