+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Territory bushes

Experienced Member
    Ride
    XF & el Fairmont sw,

Default Territory bushes

My 2008 awd territory is in need of front diff bushes and rear control blade bushes, I am being quoted $1000+ for the front and $500 for the back, there argument is that the front diff needs to be removed to fit the new bushes,
    yet videos show that the diff will drop down when unbolted, allowing access to the bushes? Video states around 2 hours work? Blade arm bushes look to be reasonably simple,
    5 bolts and you can buy new blades with new bushes fitted for around $130, yet they are quoting $500 just in labour?

Most garages I approached for a quote aren't interested, which makes me think it's a bigger job than it looks, anyone done it at home, and how hard is it?

Ride
    Ford Territory

Default Re: Territory bushes

I had the rear of my SZ AWD diesel rebuilt at Peddars, was going to do it myself but when I looked at the work involved decided to pay someone. Had a couple of quotes but was more confident with Peddars.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    XF & el Fairmont sw,

Default Re: Territory bushes

Decided it wasn't a job I wanted to tackle so shopped around, most quoted over $1000, but a one man shop offered to do it for $800, took him the whole day.
    Doesn't feel any different but no clunk when you hit a pot hole

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information