+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XR6 quiet Tyres

Ride
    FG Falcon XR6

Default XR6 quiet Tyres

I am after a quiet tyre replacement for my 2009 XR6. It now has the Dunlop Sport 01
    ( the supplied factory tyre ).

I have done 49,000 on them, still has 4mm tread and are 6 years old.

I would buy them again but they are no longer produced.

After a lot of reading and research / reviews, I have come up with a short list in the $210 to $240 class tyres.

Michelin Primacy 3 ST

Pirelli Cinturato P7

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Dunlop Sport FM800

Has any Forum members had any recent experience with these in a 245 x 17 x 45 size ?

I would be interested in any informed comment.

Cheers all

Ride
    FG Falcon XR6

Default Re: XR6 quiet Tyres

For those interested,

I ended up getting the Dunlop FM 800 tyres for my XR6, size 245 x 45 x 17

I have done 1,200 klm on them so far and still have good things to say about them.

They are very quiet on coarse chip bitumen, which is what you want, and very quiet on smooth hot mix.

Did a trip to Western NSW on them and I was pleasantly surprised to observe the car used obviously less fuel. I fill up at the regular places, and instead of the quarter tank I normally have when I return home, the gauge showed almost half a tank. I cannot put figures on it at this stage, but an improvement.

These tyres are advertised as "sports" on some sites and as a "Green Mileage" tyre on others.

I have noticed that the car "leans" a little more in the corners with these tyres. Maybe the extra 5.5 mm of tread over the old SP01's make them flex a little more, or maybe any new tyre with full tread flex's sideways a little more than a fully worn tyre.

I sense that these tyres have excellent grip ( without pushing it to extremes )

Still happy !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information