+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EA Tacho Not Working

Ride
    EA Ghia

Default EA Tacho Not Working

The PIP wires in the distributor fell to bits so I replaced a complete new dizzy and it came with a new TFI module. Car runs better than before!

While this was going on I have relocated the ignition coil and mounted it on the wheel arch. I could only see 3 wires coming out of the wiring loom, two x "red w green stripe" and one pink.
    One Red/Gn I've wired to the Coil and the other Red/Gn is plugged into the radio suppressor capacitor.
    The Pink is now connected to the coil -ve. These 3 I have extended with extra 3 wires to be able to reach the new location.

I know that the Pink wire from the TFI module is called "Dist" so am I correct in assuming that this one goes directly to the coil -ve?

I believe that the tacho works off the coil negative so the question is then why haven't I seen 2 wires on the coil -ve?

Ride
    EA Ghia

Default Re: EA Tacho Not Working

The tacho works when I remove the capacitor????!!!
    I had the black lead plugged into the Rd/Gn wire, that's where I thought it should go.

Obviously wrong. Can anyone let me know which coloured wire plug underneath the inlet manifold is for the radio suppressor capacitor please.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information