+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New guy

Ride
    BA XL Falcon One Ton

Default New guy

Hi all!

Just a quick introduction, my names Matt and I am a recovering Holden addict.

Not too long ago I wouldn't be caught dead in a Ford, bought a 2003 BA XL Tonner, and can't believe what I've been missing. Paid next to nothing for it so hoping to tidy it up a little and see what I can and can't break.

I know next to nothing about Fords, so looking forward to learning what I can and hopefully contributing in the future

Thanks guys

Ride
    24" hotfoot cruiser

Default Re: New guy

Welcome Matt.

About the only things to watch for is the trans cooler, if you're planning on towing or loading it, I'd put an aftermarket cooler on it to bypass the factory in radiator unit as cheap insurance. And a full fluid exchange not just empty the pan.

And the diffs have given some trouble, most common fix is fit an au tonner diff.

And depending on kms a set of coils wouldn't hurt, but buy quality ones, cheap ones have been problematic in quality. One guy bought 3 sets of new ones and each set had at least one dodgy one in it.
    plasma cutter + TIG + 2k paint= to infinity and beyond!

Ride
    BA XL Falcon One Ton

Thanks mate, I have a PWR (had a few mates use them, seem to be pretty good) aftermarket cooler sitting in the shed ready to go, had a full transmission oil flush and filter change done last week (oil was alright, wanted clean oil in it before I put the cooler on it regardless) so hopefully get that bolted on this week.
    Im guessing the AU diffs are the same ratio?

Welcome Matt. Share some pics on progress of your project. Enjoy the board

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

The AU diffs are nearly identical in the Utes, one of the handbrake cable 'brackets' is different if you swap one in.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information