+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Cortina V2.1 tc 250

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Default Re: Cortina V2.1 tc 250

and a few more
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 11-04-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

With these newspaper finds Iíve been very taken by those beautiful Aussie girls of the early 1970ís, decided to make a tribute video dedicated to their memory and beauty.

Everyday pretty girls of the early 1970ís in Melbourne, Australia Tribute video, 1970 Ė 1974

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=alet3laQyyQ

The resprayed original tatty front lenses came up OK, not perfect but better than paying $600 for a NOS pair on ebay, Iíll keep a look at the prices though. Getting there, next few jobs will be to service the auto and engine, just filter-oil changes...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 18-04-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

A few jobs going on atm, dad's helped me cut back the overgrown garden bed next to the brown car, I think we'll reduced it to a smaller section running along the fence line, then eventually make a decent parking area for the sedan.

In the process of putting in a new exhaust manifold gasket as I could hear a putt putt putt sound just near the manifold, already cleaned the surface just waiting for the gasket to arrive from Auto Surplus in Mitcham, there pretty good with service item supplies for these old cars.

Also installed a new temp gauge in the wagon as the old one didn't work unless you gave it a few taps, hopefully the wagons clock and radio will be fixed soon.

Found the spare ignition key for the sedan, it was tucked up at the side of the tank, took it off today don't want it rattling or falling off.

Another job is to buy a standard rear muffler for the sedan, maybe when the original rotted out the previous owner welded in a straight through pipe, something like this on ebay should do:
    "Universal muffler 1 3/4 Inlet 6" round 16" long O/O R/H rotation tri-flow"

A few things to work on anyway....
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 30-04-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

With the brown car got the exhaust manifold back on with its new gasket and cut off that straight through pipe where the original rear resonator would have been, going to install this 12" long [2" inlet/outlet] hotdog resonator soon. Also ordered new steering rack boots and tie rod ends.

Had to replace the upper ball joint in the wagon due to hitting a huge pothole, it ripped off the rubber boot on the old joint but everything else seems OK, was just the front right that took the hit.

Also put on this new dealership decal, my new favorite place it seems.

As always we'll keep going checking off the list for the brown car, though thankfully not quite as long as our arm anymore.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 26-05-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Just a little footage from Sunday's lunch catch-up with some Cortina friends, thanks for the invite was a great & enjoyable day:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=t_BYNoyYm04

The resonator is welded in except for the end piece, will shorten and put a chrome tip on, also installed new rack boots and tie rod ends - 11 turns to remove both sides, have already earlier lubed up the ball joints and replaced the front inner and outer bearings both sides.

Need to sort out the carby, will probably end up taking it to a place called The Carby Shop - Wantirna for a full clean & rebuild, been recommended that place by a few people.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 01-06-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    Ford Cortina TC XLE

Quote Originally Posted by tfghiatcxlematt View Post
    Just a little footage from Sunday's lunch catch-up with some Cortina friends, thanks for the invite was a great & enjoyable day:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=t_BYNoyYm04

The resonator is welded in except for the end piece, will shorten and put a chrome tip on, also installed new rack boots and tie rod ends - 11 turns to remove both sides, have already earlier lubed up the ball joints and replaced the front inner and outer bearings both sides.

Need to sort out the carby, will probably end up taking it to a place called The Carby Shop - Wantirna for a full clean & rebuild, been recommended that place by a few people.

I agree Matt. It was a good catch up on Sunday. Some familiar cars now. Never get tired of seeing them and their owners.
    Cortymeet.jpg

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Thanks for your post Karin,

Yes, its always very nice catching up and I agree 100% can never get enough of the cars

In the meantime I'll keep on keeping on with the brown piece of

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

What a little beauty, will probably be the nicest part on the entire car!

Its a re-manufactured and hot tested carb from the ebay seller Hume Performance, they must be OK because their feedback is 100% positive.

Also put one of those XW Falcon delete radio panels in the sedan, I believe it's a delete radio car with no factory speaker or wiring present.

matt

edited:
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 21-06-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Gota work out what to do with the two front parchment lap sash belts in the brown car, can notice some fraying and there both missing the adjuster clip mechanism.

I prefer the look of the originals though I know you can get universal replacements:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Seatbelt...-/321658497341

I'll ask a place in Braeside called The Seatbelt King, see if they can give an estimate for new webbing and adjuster clips then decide from there...

Edited: changed the auto trans oil and brake fluid in the wagon.... Still haven't heard back regarding my price inquiry with that Seatbelt King place
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 29-06-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    Ford Cortina TC XLE

Looks like you've been busy with the brown beast Cortina.
    Good to see that they make seatbelts in brown and tan still. That's definitely 70s colours ! I should have a close look at mine for fraying though once I start looking there's too much to do. I must do something about the rust in the wheel tub and boot floor by Christmas this year. It's on my list.
    Last edited by Karin B; 12-07-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Hi Karin,

Thanks for your reply and also the email, always great hearing from you!

I've got custody of my son in the school holidays that's why I've been giving you all a rest from those old 70's newspapers. Been quite slack with the brown car in this cold Melb weather.

Not sure about those seat belts yet, might end up buying those two front universal lap sash belts and possible get the original parchment ones rebuilt at some future point...

Will reply to your email soon, thanks again Karin and take care always.
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 13-07-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Took some pics of the two ugly sisters today but do love'em....

Will try getting too my favorite spot soon for more traffic watching footage, I found a few old 4 track tapes with unlabeled late 60's psychedelic music, I used to buy these at second hand music shops in the 80's and 90's, those two tapes sound particularly good.

Also installed those new front lap sash belts, don't like the look of them but will do until I can get the original belts restored.

matt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 26-07-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 27-07-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Must get the bent rear bumper on the sedan straightened...
    Attached Images

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

As always if you've got nothing better to do we're back at my all time favorite spot:

Eastern Freeway Melbourne, Australia, Extension 1997 –2018 Classic Cars & Ford's/Holden's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzGS_-wPW2o

Ride
    Cortina

Cool Re: Cortina V2.1 tc 250

Quote Originally Posted by tfghiatcxlematt View Post
    Also put one of those XW Falcon delete radio panels in the sedan, I believe it's a delete radio car with no factory speaker or wiring present.

matt

edited:
    Hi Matt,

Good to see your still working on the Cortina's.

This is a factory TC radio blanking plate out of my first car - I have never seen any others in person though. I don't think too many have survived.

Cheers,
    Al
    Attached Images

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Thanks Al and great to hear from you!

I know I'm going painfully slowly with the brown car but will certainly stick at it and may even consider getting full rego rather than a permit, still a few things [as always] to tick off the list.

Between the two of us I'm not interested in joining facebook so we'll see how much longer this forum can hold out, though hopefully won't be closed any time soon.

Yes, its a very nice looking factory delete radio/blanking plate [much appreciated with the pic], maybe the Old Parts Store in the UK has them OR I'm mixing it up with Pete C on Youtube, seem to recall seeing one somewhere.

Anyway, thanks again for your comment and very pleased to see your still here on CC, certainly lonelier and much less interesting without you!

matt
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 10-08-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Ride
    2 Tc's both XL 250's

Being a true tight a.. I foolishly didn't have the cylinder head recon'd or at least checked whilst I had it off a few months ago.

Although the engine ran OK what was happening once the thing warmed up, give it a few revs and noticed puffs of blue smoke out the tailpipe. The spark plugs on cyl 4 & 6 had a dark black oily colour to them whilst the other plugs were a nice goldish tan colour.

There's a few head shops in the area such as Box Hill, so will ring around regarding prices for a full head recon, just don't want to be leaving a trail of smoke in my wake...

Mind you was easier removing the head second time round, nothing rusty at least.

Will let you know how things go.

matt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tfghiatcxlematt; 15-08-2018 at 08:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information