+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too much drama too often.

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

Cool Too much drama too often.

I have just finished an over-complex drama for getting a bit of training related to an industry I have always wanted to be part of. Confused as to why I had paid for this course I was scratching around to find out why I couldn't access it at all until I realised that my online email had taggged it a spam and subsequently hidden it, which is fine most of the time but one solitary email from the same company had hit my normal inbox which is why I had been confused. I honestly thought most of the connected world had woken up to the idea that the more drama you make for your customers then the more likely to look elsewhere they were. This is why I am currently unemployed, my bosses were far too willing to jump all over me for all sorts of trivial things while my in-house customers weren't past driving over 800 km's to get me to do things for them. It really just got to be stupid jealosy after a while, and they showed no signs of backing away from it either. I can't wait to get better bosses, although I am not holding my breath. I have noticed some of the best loved Linux forum's on the net have woken up to the same idea, that jumping down the throat of those who don't know doesn't mean continued support of the rather obscure platform and that those days should be put in the past. This really is a bit of venting and a bit of commentary on a changing world feel free to add/or digress on your own path if you want.

Ride
    xh xr8

Default Re: Too much drama too often.

i think i hear what you are saying
    about 14 years ago i paid to do a 3D AutoCAD course
    it dragged on and on and then left me without any work in that field
    so i tried other things
    i guess the times change and we change with them
    it is certainly hard working for other people and it is trickier the older i get
    sometimes seems like self-employment is the only alternative option left

in my dealings with past employers that i haved deemed to be toxic
    i can see faults of my own
    but perceive their behaviour towards me can stem from inadequacy or jealousy
    naturally i can get depressed about this too
    and recollect that depression is anger turnned inwards
    methinks
    the door to the room of success swings on the hinges of opposition

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Redwight View Post
    I have just finished an over-complex drama for getting a bit of training related to an industry I have always wanted to be part of. Confused as to why I had paid for this course I was scratching around to find out why I couldn't access it at all until I realised that my online email had taggged it a spam and subsequently hidden it, which is fine most of the time but one solitary email from the same company had hit my normal inbox which is why I had been confused. I honestly thought most of the connected world had woken up to the idea that the more drama you make for your customers then the more likely to look elsewhere they were. This is why I am currently unemployed, my bosses were far too willing to jump all over me for all sorts of trivial things while my in-house customers weren't past driving over 800 km's to get me to do things for them. It really just got to be stupid jealosy after a while, and they showed no signs of backing away from it either. I can't wait to get better bosses, although I am not holding my breath. I have noticed some of the best loved Linux forum's on the net have woken up to the same idea, that jumping down the throat of those who don't know doesn't mean continued support of the rather obscure platform and that those days should be put in the past. This really is a bit of venting and a bit of commentary on a changing world feel free to add/or digress on your own path if you want.
    Build your own spaceship and fly to other worlds instead- a programming way of seeing
    things- in that context. IT is not taken seriously till we get a Estonian style attack
    on this country far worse than 2011. Then watch all the so called cyber security
    experts claiming that all this could be prevented. Anyway in the long term IT
    has its problems here and in Europe(you have to learn a second language naturally)
    and to a lesser extent the US is looking for people. Australia is becoming a
    educational backwater to a leader it once was at the end of the second world war.
    From IBM closing to our heavy industries in downturn the evidence is clear.

With the undefunding of CSIRO I wonder what long term effects that would lead to.
    The number of university and senior technical trades unemployed is shameful.
    I recently looked at the current advanced mathematics curriculum and compared
    it to my era- the jury is out if the current system had the broad spectrum of knowledge
    required- weather its a progression or a digression and weather the entire
    system has lost its edge it once had not so long ago when were in the top 10.
    Computing and math systems no doubt make understanding algebra, trig
    and calculus more easier however you still have to understand the
    underlying concepts otherwise when you get to the more advanced
    stuff you will not undertstand the groundwork.

I remember when being able to qualify in your class with good enough marks
    for a state or national competition means more in Russia or China than here.
    They call them 'Olympics' there and its not uncommon many work the global
    Phd trail. Might indicate something that Australia is forgetting in its overall
    view of things.

Were too interesting in sports stars and the persistence of mining all over
    other industries worth funding and investing in. Putting eggs in one basket
    is the analogy is like to use here with much foreboding as well as plausibility.
    Its a dangerous atrophy that shows no sign of stopping.

Ireland lost allot of its best talent after the boom busted and some peoples
    realised they had relatives elsewhere. One countries loss is another
    countries gain. Gone are the times you had a 20 minute drive to work
    now work is wherever you can find it although in this current economic
    environment of anorexic downsizing is going to lead to some long term
    problems some even in high office have not seen yet.

I know where you coming from and the disparity in the economy in
    some areas rather than others- its much more than this two speed
    economy bull**** professed by the high lords of economics.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 21-06-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

Meh, I am over big slices of the tech industry, my laptop is out of service after failing to boot within 25 minutes, the previously mentioned course was successfully completed using three different browsers on my phone to get compatability with different segments, and I am currently trying to work through a job application for one company that insists that I have a tablet/similar device to use but wants the application done in a format that brings those devices to a reboot every time they try to use them. Functional idiocy rules this world ATM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information