+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Issues connecting to Ford Aust Forum with iPad2

  1. #1
    Junior Member myxr854's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Wollongong
    Ride
    Isuzu Dmax
    Posts
    5

    Default Issues connecting to Ford Aust Forum with iPad2

    Has anyone had any problems connecting to the Forum with an iPad2 via wireless (on Optus ADSL 2+)?

    Started having the problem about 3 weeks ago

    I get a "connection failed" message - as though a time limit has been exceeded. Connects OK via my wired PC (running Windows7)

    Bill

  2. #2
    Banned ELSpeedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    racing death
    Ride
    Deaths Chariot
    Posts
    9,352

    Default Re: Issues connecting to Ford Aust Forum with iPad2

    Quote Originally Posted by myxr854 View Post
    Has anyone had any problems connecting to the Forum with an iPad2 via wireless (on Optus ADSL 2+)?

    Started having the problem about 3 weeks ago

    I get a "connection failed" message - as though a time limit has been exceeded. Connects OK via my wired PC (running Windows7)

    Bill
    What do you firewall logs show on FAF IP address? OK of problems.

    Which browser you using? Safari is not the best nor is IE.
    Chrome or Firefox works best.

    Clean you browser files out as it can take time to log in sometimes...
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 27-10-2013 at 06:26 PM.

  3. #3
    Experienced Member al campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Alice Springs NT
    Ride
    Cortina
    Posts
    482

    Default Re: Issues connecting to Ford Aust Forum with iPad2

    Yep.
    Happened to me just after I updated the Ipad operating system to the latest version. All other sites are OK. This is through Safari which did work until the latest update.

  4. #4
    Junior Member myxr854's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Wollongong
    Ride
    Isuzu Dmax
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Issues connecting to Ford Aust Forum with iPad2

    Al - similar to me, started after I updated iPad OS to IOS7. I noticed a few other sites are slow connecting, but always get a connection.

    El-Speedo : its a Apple problem as mentioned by Al. I am running Chrome on my PC Windows 7 without any problems, and the Firewall is fine otherwise I would not be able to access the Forum on my PC because I'm using the same modem



  5. #5
    Junior Member myxr854's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Wollongong
    Ride
    Isuzu Dmax
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Issues connecting to Ford Aust Forum with iPad2

    Quote Originally Posted by ELSpeedo View Post
    What do you firewall logs show on FAF IP address? OK of problems.

    Which browser you using? Safari is not the best nor is IE.
    Chrome or Firefox works best.

    Clean you browser files out as it can take time to log in sometimes...
    ElSpeedo - you might be on to something. Safari on the iPad doesn't connect, but Google app does. The link you get in an email to a Forum post that you subscribe to will default to Safari which is why I thought the problem was with the iPad. But because the Google app on iPad works it indicates the problem is with Safari. Thanks for your help

    Al - I noticed there's already an upgrade to iOS 7 (iOS 7.0.3). Notes suggests it fixes some bugs, & this problem may be one of them, but I'm not game to upgrade just yet, after all the probs I've had with some other apps - eg Foxtel Go.

  6. #6
    Banned ELSpeedo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    racing death
    Ride
    Deaths Chariot
    Posts
    9,352

    Default Re: Issues connecting to Ford Aust Forum with iPad2

    Quote Originally Posted by myxr854 View Post
    ElSpeedo - you might be on to something. Safari on the iPad doesn't connect, but Google app does. The link you get in an email to a Forum post that you subscribe to will default to Safari which is why I thought the problem was with the iPad. But because the Google app on iPad works it indicates the problem is with Safari. Thanks for your help

    Al - I noticed there's already an upgrade to iOS 7 (iOS 7.0.3). Notes suggests it fixes some bugs, & this problem may be one of them, but I'm not game to upgrade just yet, after all the probs I've had with some other apps - eg Foxtel Go.
    update your OS-get latest virus defs & clear out your cache. There has been some nasty crap
    running around latley and fake search engine stuff and crappy certifcates screwing around with things.

    check out my particulary 'infamous' post on what on in the political forums.
    Chrome does also have some problems loading flash as well. Firefox is
    regularily updated but can also get its cache corrupted vulnerability...

    a re-install usually works but also check for nasty addons and those virus
    like browser toolbar menace.

    If the toolbars won't unstall or you search page is got some crap on there-
    Back up your bookmarks or favorites and nuke the directory(thats delete it complety if
    you cannot uninstall and get a registry remover
    to clean up all traces on the browser. The bad guys always like attacking
    browsers due to them being open source and open code brings its own problems...
    If you have this sort of infection you would hope your virus scanner to also go off!

    some maneavolent toolbars of late include the yontoo and
    delta- search. Who said the internet was a nice place..

    malware removers are handy for this but you have to check who made the
    malware remover hopefully not the creators...
    A decent OS firewall with access alerts to any new software installed and ip connection
    (especially to sus-countries) usually kills this stuff quickly as well. If you don't
    recognise it or it looks fakeish- avoid. Hardware firewalls are pretty primitive
    and not as updated as software firewalls are.

    http://www.whois.com/whois/delta-search.com
    Godaddy malware express. Block the entire website off the net- malware is illegal.
    Godaddy is often back-doored by Chinese and Russian hackers...

    Domain Name: DELTA-SEARCH.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Name Server: NS1.P19.DYNECT.NET
    Name Server: NS10.DNSMADEEASY.COM
    Name Server: NS11.DNSMADEEASY.COM
    Name Server: NS12.DNSMADEEASY.COM
    Name Server: NS13.DNSMADEEASY.COM
    Name Server: NS14.DNSMADEEASY.COM
    Name Server: NS15.DNSMADEEASY.COM
    Name Server: NS2.P19.DYNECT.NET
    Name Server: NS3.P19.DYNECT.NET
    Name Server: NS4.P19.DYNECT.NET
    Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Status: clientUpdateProhibited
    Updated Date: 19-mar-2013
    Creation Date: 24-jan-2012
    Expiration Date: 24-jan-2014
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 30-10-2013 at 04:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts