+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nissan to make driverless cars by 2020

Experienced Member Sir Rohsis of Liver's Avatar
    Ride
    '76 F100, '70 F250,

Default Nissan to make driverless cars by 2020

Nissan to make driverless cars by 2020

29 August, 2013 Matt McDonald

Japanese vehicle manufacturer Nissan has pledged to make driverless cars by 2020. The company made the announcement at an event in California.

AP reports that the company hopes to have autonomous driving system in multiple vehicles by 2020.

According to Gizmodo, the technology is being developed by researchers from Stanford University, MIT, Oxford University, Carnegie Melon University and the University of Tokyo.

The self-driving cars will be tested on a track that Nissan has built in Japan. Everyday driving situations will be replicated within the testing procedures.

The cars will completely autonomous and, according to the company, upgrading a luxury sedan to a luxury autonomous sedan will be cost only $US1000.

Nissan already offers some technology that's used in autonomous cars, such as motion-detecting cameras.

Source: Manufacturer's Monthly.
    They may as well.......... apart from the GT-R and the 370Z everything else they make is a coma inducingly boring drive!
    "Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Default Re: Nissan to make driverless cars by 2020

ahah LOL
    2017 now. And what? Where?
    I think that they cannot do it

Ride
    Ford Focus

I read that they were planing to make the Altima a driverless car and they even did some testings in the UK, but as you can see based on this preview they are still not capable of doing it

http://autosoverviews.com/2018-nissan-altima/

Ride
    Ford Fiesta ST 2016

Quite possible. I read that BMW, Ford, General Motors, Toyota and Volkswagen have promised to introduce self-driving cars to the market by 20202021. Moreover self-driving trailers will replace ordinary houses and people will chose to live in self-driving trailers, source: https://tranio.com/world/spotlight/s...y-market_5354/. Hippie way of life for me, but I would do it for a few months

Ride
    BA Falcon ute

Given some of the areas I work in it would be a stretch to see self driving cars as being the only thing on the road within twenty years at a minimum, but I could definitely see a case for them being a part of more populated areas and their traffic just not the only thing out there for some time...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information