+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PX Ranger reverse camera options

Forum Regular
    Ride
    2012 PX Ranger XLT

Default PX Ranger reverse camera options

Ive currently invested in some reversing cameras, screens and mirrors. Most importantly a px option that looks factory. I have a DVR Mirror with a 3.5" screen. This mirror basically has 2 cameras built in, one on the front side to record where you are driving onto a sd card, also one behind the mirror able to record inside the car, with auto dimming. I also have the option without the DVR which makes it cheaper.
    only have to shave a bit off the plastic behind the mirror so you can adjust it properly. i will be looking into heating a reshaping the next ranger i get in to do and this should only need to be done on the DVR type, and this is on an XLT will be doing a DVR on an XL probably next week.

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

Default Re: PX Ranger reverse camera options

Hi
    Just curious about the reverse mirror monitor, is it compatible with the XLT windscreen for intermittent wipers?
    You could disable the intermittent rain features for wipers on the XLT with incompatible mirror as it won't matter for the the XL models.

Best of luck in your project as you are doing some wonderful mods on your Ranger.

Cheers Peter.

Ride
    PX Ranger XLT

How the project going I am get a new Ranger PX in Aug-Set and the 1st thing I want to do is fit a reverse camera but keep all the function of the original mirror and wipers. Has any done this yet

Forum Regular
    Ride
    6 Fords + others

I have a UK Limited fitted with Fords reversing camera in eth badge, and a hard top with tinted glass. The Hard top is so dark there is little view behind, wouldn't know if a smokey was following. So it would be nice to have the option to turn the reversing camera on for normal driving as the mirror is useless. There's also a problem though if you are towing a trailer and reversing, can't see it in the mirror, and the Ford badge reversing camera is way too low to see any turn on the trailer. Our water bouser is worst, it's jack knifed by the time you see it in the side mirrors.
    So I'm looking to add an extra camera hi up on the hard top, and probably another in the front nose as that's not easy to judge either. Have been looking at an aftermarket clipon mirror to mount over the Ford mirror, which shows three camera images at the same time, and has four camera inputs. Could put the forth in the hard top to monitor cargo movement, or maybe pump a TV/DVD signal in for watching when stationery parked up waiting for my customers to turn up. Have a variety of parts on order to play with this idea.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    2012 PX Ranger XLT

Yeah its fitted to mine and mines an XLT. the mirror has built in dimming but if you have a canopy or dark tint it wont really do much. the cam thats in the mirror is HD, which was a nice suprise and it records the mirror cam + the accessory cam at the same time, i havnt been able to get the one behind the glass working so i dont know if ive been told porkies or not but non the less its all a very good package. ill upload some video and show you guys the quality of the mirror cam and the aftermarket can i mounted to the front for parking. will need to get a new utube account because mine went walking for some reason

Forum Regular
    Ride
    2012 PX Ranger XLT

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

Does your automatic intermittent wiper function works when you get water droplets on your windscreen? I was told some aftermarket mirrors might disable this function on the XLT's.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    2012 PX Ranger XLT

PD, the auto wiper function is not effected. the sensor stays on the glass and isnt even touched in this case. i would find it hard to actually remove it to fit any kind of mirror as its not in the way of anything.

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by tallwombat View Post
    PD, the auto wiper function is not effected. the sensor stays on the glass and isnt even touched in this case. i would find it hard to actually remove it to fit any kind of mirror as its not in the way of anything.
    Thanks, I thought the wiring went to the base of mirror.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information