1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Federal Election 2013

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Default Re: Federal Election 2013

Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    Will we now have a Royal Commission (RC) into parliamentary appointments? maybe Peta Credlin should resign too.
    Many moons ago the National crime Authoirty was formed so that we would not need to have RCs, it got replaced by the 'new improved' Australia Crime Commission. It already has computers and knowledge and if given more funding would easily cope with what the RC is supposed to do. The big problem is that like the last witch hunt it will identify some of the wrong targets!
    Tony Abbott is a religious man of a Jesuit persuasion he must fullfill his duty and burn the witch.
    Peta is off the radar. She must be hounded by cameras instead. Being Tony's mistress
    must be 'soft' pun. Some of my Canberra insiders tell me she is a real tyrannical *****
    Monika Lewinsky jokes aside...

If your going to burn witches be professional about get- get a Witchfinder general.
    After all Jesuits did the Spanish Inquistition quite well- joke,
    Masters of the paranormal they are like Van Heslings of modern day..
    That way you know you've burned the right witch- don't
    want to kill no innocent fair maiden. Im sure you know
    what I mean in tracking down the bad guys If you get the wrong
    person your prosecution looks bad and the real evildoer/s live another
    free day...

Well since the mysterious Nugan Hand bank Im very careful about
    Australian politics...and its banking system...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VGgjM-SVOU

For those good witches out there im not pointed at you
    just some maneavolent ones who im sure they would not mind burned.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...210-32b4n.html
    Man there getting pretty nervous to all this scrutiny- which I thought was part of the territory.

Quote-
    The Abbott government has quietly introduced a hardline code of conduct for ministerial staff, banning political commentary on social media sites including Twitter and Facebook.
    The ban also extends to current Coalition staff writing books and newspaper articles and staff seeking "further guidance" on the new rules are referred directly to Tony Abbott's chief of staff, Peta Credlin.
    The Statement of Standards for Ministerial Staff was updated late last year and is based on the code of conduct for staff introduced by the first Rudd government back in 2007.
    The two codes of conduct are identical, except for the addition of a 22nd clause in the Coalition code, which states that staff must: "Other than in the course of their professional duties, not post personal online commentary or other material or publish books or articles expressing personal views which relate to either their minister's portfolio area or the general work of the Australian government."
    "The Prime Minister's chief of staff should be consulted for further guidance."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...#ixzz2tNl0fkeZ
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 15-02-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

Nugan Hand was just the CIA getting its ugly hand (pun not intended!) in Australian politics again.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Nugan Hand was just the CIA getting its ugly hand (pun not intended!) in Australian politics again.
    No political forum would be immune from the influence of the CIA.
    My Grandfather knew the organisation back when it was called the OSS.
    Hello to all my friends and viewers from there learning about
    this strange southern land in the Pacific. I always say
    friends should not spy on one another (just ask politely instead)
    but spying is such a mysterious art/science is it not...

My 'inner circle' was involved in Vietnam War and allot
    of things went on back then you could not get away with
    these days and some 'old money' is there but I leave
    my investigations there, China does the same
    in the Golden Triangle still with Burma...one day
    both sides will talk about it. If you really want
    to see if Nugan Hand was gone read up
    what Danny Cassolaro said,,,and a Mossad
    guy living in exile here still. A cast and myriad of
    characters so big one could easily get lost
    in information...the Octopus...a game of mirrors.

Colby was a wise man he was not responsible.
    His second in charge though? Or was it the
    Australian CIA station manager?

All intelligence agencies get up to funny business with banks- Russia and China as well.
    If you could track their money you could track their operations- hence the secrecy and
    fake accounts, Its influence on the 1975 Australian election we'll never know now will we?
    Would'nt it be funny if that influence was to 'emerge' again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y41J-T0N-C0
    PROMIS was a big scandal well before Snowden.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 15-02-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

No but I can just about bet that the CIA had something to do with Bertie Milliner's death.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtVIMI7MAE
    There are real Johann Lieberts out there- Voldemort is far to comical.

I have a old saying for people who like to know more about the world of espionage for
    the more you want to know- the less you want to know in the end. Unlike the
    military- spies will act in seclusion and sometimes even independent of operations.
    There are even sleepers who are unknowns for years till one day...
    They have their own set of rules and spies are not treated like
    the Geneva Convention does. Thus you should understand the rest.

With things like plausible deniability they have it sewn up well.
    So when you think about it that way we do live in a unforgiving world.
    It can destroy ones life if you think its all just a game- which it is'nt.

Get over your CIA trip mate the KGB has plenty of unmarked graves
    between them. The CCP men in black have probably killed
    more than both. There are good people in these organisations
    however who resent those who use such powers to enhance
    their wealth or standing/influence however - these are the ones who
    are truly dangerous and where most of the bad stories come from.

As for Mr Millner death was by heart attack. Heart attacks to my
    species are a strange disorder and even young people can die
    from them from anything can be brought about by stress or
    a broken heart even can trigger such things. Some even suffer
    a congenital defect which leaves them pre-dispossed to such
    conditions and some even don't know it. A stressful job
    would not help things either. It was a untimely death but
    blaming such things on the CIA would be foolish. Hey If
    I worked for them just for imaginations sake sometimes
    talking about things and their outcomes would acheive
    more than threats..think about that. The problem with
    conspiracy theories is sometimes they can feed
    from our fears and imaginings and truth however
    is different entirely. The British have interfered in
    Australian politics so have the Russians (the Petrov affair)
    and the Chinese (Chen Yonglin) .So if need be and working like
    a detective there are many organisations running around...
    this alien senses conflict...

Quote-Chen Yonglin (simplified Chinese: 陈用林; traditional Chinese: 陳用林) is a former Chinese diplomat who sparked fears of a diplomatic incident through his defection to Australia in the summer of 2005. The episode highlighted the tensions faced by China's trade partners when concerns arise from that nation's human rights record. The episode was compared to the Petrov Affair by such observers as Shadow Minister for Immigration Laurie Ferguson and trade unionist Bill Shorten.

Lets get back to some political discussion about
    Australian politics. Its much more fascinating to us.

What a conspiracy theory? Proving its validity would be much harder and rather humorous. Its the greys not the greens- lol
    The problem with webs of interest is that they span whoever gives it which could mean its far more complex than a pyramid... Anyways
    in real life there are many conflicting players who think they are at 'the top' if it was this simple there would be no conflict would there?
    Yes thats where the whole big theory often falls down where racism and fear of others actions unknown bring out their worst fears.
    Its a good way of discounting many conspiracy theories which reach for the unknown without a grasp in reality itself. Conspiracies about
    the Jews, Illuminati, Jesuits, Freemasonry Rosicrucians, Knights Templar and so on have existed for hundreds of years and often
    based on fear of outsiders more than any serious threats to power. Political power after all resides in those who support it and maintain
    it- those are the people you should be more interested in...
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 21-02-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

Sewn up covers it it perfectly.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Sewn up covers it it perfectly.
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...1226829787106#

Your after Christofer Boyce I think. He sold secrets to the Russians so his trustworthyness
    is probably low. Personally I would be suprised he made up stories as wild as possible
    as he knew his Russian KGB masters in psychological warfare trying to damage the
    longstanding Australia-US relationship which goes back before WWII. This has now
    become like the JFK story- so many facts on both sides, many witnesses are now
    gone so its a guessing game rather than a chronology in truth. The Australian
    should know better...

Whitlam was dismissed as he was sending Australia broke and was doing
    deals with countries (whom at the time were not politically dispossesed to us) that
    made many wonder. Whitlam did many good things as well but the company he
    kept made many wonder if the Whitlam story is rather one-sided. What I find
    strange was it the CIA or was it Mi6 that told the governor general? They
    never mentioned a Iranian Arms dealer and what trouble the government got into.
    Also the money trail where the funding goes is very interesting and completely
    missing from the article which would indicate a level of bias. Thats what actually
    started it not some traitor working in Pine Gap. Im sure if the Russians
    had a similar signals worker in the Kamchatka penninsula doing the same
    thing he would be taken out to a field and shot. We were too nice to him.

Id have the smart money on Mi6. Afterall they nearly forced the Australians to ban that
    book called 'Spycatcher' did'nt they. Malcolm Turnbull comes to mind.
    Now the CIA has changed somewhat since the 'Wild Bull' ideology days so I think
    this composite story is rather misleading and missing many facts...

One of my colleages will probably ring the Australian and give them a earload...

Quote-
    CHRISTOPHER Boyce, who spent nearly 25 years in jail for selling CIA secrets to the Russians in the 1970s, has repeated his claim that the US spy agency was involved in the dismissal of Gough Whitlam's government in 1975.

He asserts that governor-general Sir John Kerr was a CIA "flunkey" and that he was known within the CIA as "our man Kerr".

Mr Boyce says the dismissal was "a coup" executed by the US tantamount to "the velvet glove version of the government overthrow in Chile".

In an interview with journalist Mark Davis for the SBS program Dateline tonight, Mr Boyce also claims the CIA infiltrated the top echelons of the Australian trade union movement in the 70s.

Mr Boyce worked as a telex operator for TRW, which was contracted by the CIA to manage the spy satellite, and he decoded and distributed messages from the joint intelligence facility at Pine Gap in central Australia.

What triggered his decision to steal and sell documents to the Russians was his belief that the US was deceiving Australia. "My government betrayed me long before I betrayed it," Mr Boyce says.

In 1977, Mr Boyce was arrested, sentenced and imprisoned. Three years later, he mounted a daring escape from a maximum-security prison in California. After 19 months on the run, he was recaptured and sent back to jail.

His life story was the subject of a bestselling book and later made into a Hollywood film, The Falcon and the Snowman, starring Sean Penn.

Mr Boyce's claims about CIA interference in Australian politics and labour unions were aired in an interview with journalist Ray Martin for Nine's 60 Minutes in 1982. Ten years since he was released from jail, Dateline has revisited the claims in a rare television interview.

The once high-profile fugitive and traitor says the CIA was worried that the Labor government would withdraw from the Pine Gap Agreement, threatening intelligence co-operation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-Snowden.html
    The FSB acting like stubborn pricks. If I ran a resteraunt I would welcome spies from all nations but on one condition. Leave your guns and secret weapons for the doorman-
    or be even cleverer and not bring them in the first place. I wonder if American restaurants will now respond tit for tat. No Russians sorry its foreign policy- lol
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 18-02-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

I heard it well before Mr Joyce was heard of.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

All aboard for the next gravy train- next stop..

Don't mess with me im a corrupt politician- I'll take youz all down with me!

Etymology
    The word gravy by itself was used prior to any attestable use of gravy train to characterise 'cushy' situations. It is a shortening of the phrase riding the gravy train, rather than train referring to a number of individuals going the same way or a way of teaching people.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gravy_train
    Noun

Wikipedia has an article on:
    Gravy train
    gravy train (plural gravy trains)
    (idiomatic) An occupation or any lucrative endeavor that generates considerable income whilst requiring little effort and carrying little risk.  [quotations ▼]
    (idiomatic, politics) A gorging on luxuries, since someone else foots the bill.

No its not Zimbabwe but sometimes it does feel like it.

Quote-
    Senior Labor and Liberal figures including Assistant Treasurer Arthur Sinodinos stood to make tens of millions of dollars from a company linked to the family of crooked former powerbroker Eddie Obeid, a corruption inquiry has heard.
    Senator Sinodinos, then NSW treasurer of the Liberal Party, was installed on the board of the Obeid-linked Australian Water Holdings (AWH) in 2008 ''to open lines of communication with the Liberal Party'', the Independent Commission Against Corruption heard in Sydney on Monday.
    ''There will be evidence that he tried to do so,'' counsel assisting the inquiry, Geoffrey Watson, SC, said in his opening address.

The former AWH chairman was earning $200,000 a year for ''a couple of week's work'' and would have ''enjoyed a $10 or $20 million payday'' if Australian Water had won a lucrative government contract.

Senator Sinodinos has since abandoned his rights to shares in the water infrastructure company and denies any wrongdoing. ''The senator will attend ICAC as a witness and is looking forward to assisting the inquiry,'' his office said. Mr Watson alleged the inquiry would show corruption across political party lines. The company lobbied the Coalition government after the March 2011 state election.
    ICAC is examining allegations that the Obeids were ''secret stakeholders'' in AWH and that Mr Obeid corruptly lobbied Labor colleagues on behalf of the company.
    The inquiry heard the family stood to make up to $60 million if the government entered into a partnership with AWH.
    Mr Obeid's political allies, Joe Tripodi and Tony Kelly, allegedly helped to doctor a cabinet minute in 2010 to benefit AWH, which was ''tantamount to fraud''.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/arthu...#ixzz2wSFu052y

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._controversies
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 20-03-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Try SA elections it takes 5 hours to count 80 per cent of our vote last weekend and then a week to count the other 20 per cent go figure!

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by fordfan96 View Post
    Try SA elections it takes 5 hours to count 80 per cent of our vote last weekend and then a week to count the other 20 per cent go figure!
    Close call, you got to wait for recounts, postal & absentee votes to come in for final count to see who crosses the line, nothing unusual.

Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Thanks for the update I thought we were a slow on the uptake.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

Quote Originally Posted by PD56 View Post
    Close call, you got to wait for recounts, postal & absentee votes to come in for final count to see who crosses the line, nothing unusual.
    Party scrutineers are what slows the the process down. They challenge whether a vote is formal or not.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Party scrutineers are what slows the the process down. They challenge whether a vote is formal or not.
    I heard a angry shredder(sorry letter opener) turned a few hundred or possible thousands
    of postal votes to well um shredded material- lolz in the Tasmanian election.

In the Western Australian election the votes of a few thousand simply
    vanished. Electoral authrorities have either suspected ufos or foul play.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...265#mm-premium
    Jail Sinodinos and Thompson misuse of political resources to pursue ones own interests is taboo in a functioning democracy.
    They can concerntrate on those 'other' interests once they leave government. Eddie Obeid knows the weakness of
    politics on both Liberal and Labor it will be interesting what the NSW ICAC brings up.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/obeid-scho...320-354ih.html
    I wonder if they invested in any building contracts in the lucrative Australian housing market. The McGurk killing
    always mentioned of a tape listing influential politicans and business leaders. If that stuff ever was to go
    public well..

The room for Machiavelli is enormous. Would make the Nugan Hand bank story look minor.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 21-03-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Barry O'Farrell resigns due to a bottle of wine and a list of favours- corruption runs amok in NSW- as it always does.
    and justice for all.

the revenge of Johann Liebert continues.
    Quote-
    New South Wales Premier Barry O'Farrell says he will resign owing to a "massive memory fail" when giving evidence to the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) yesterday.

Mr O'Farrell yesterday denied receiving a $3,000 bottle of wine in 2011 from Australian Water Holdings (AWH) executive Nick Di Girolamo.

The Premier also said he had no recollection of a 28-second call made from his phone to Mr Di Girolamo around the time he was allegedly sent the wine.

This morning, ICAC heard that a handwritten note from Mr O'Farrell, thanking Mr Di Girolamo for the wine, had been uncovered.

Soon after Mr O'Farrell called a media conference in which he announced his decision to step down.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-1...e-wine/5393478
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 16-04-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

The downward spiral in corruption continues- you'd be a fool not to think it
    had tentacles elsewhere...I would not be surprised if it goes all the way to Canberra.
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/icac-inqui...428-zr0sy.html

the cold calculating mastermind Obeid is going to take down many with him- on both sides- labor & liberal

quote-
    What began two years ago as a referral to authorities of a suspicious $5000 political donation from a central coast builder has grown into a full-blown inquiry that threatens to expose the entire election funding structure of the NSW Liberal Party.

As it does so, the latest Independent Commission Against Corruption investigation is also threatening the careers of a serving minister, a former minister and three government backbenchers, while raising serious questions about the actions of some of the NSW party's most senior officials.

The time has long passed for legal challenges

When Fairfax Media revealed in May 2012 that two staffers of then energy minister Chris Hartcher – Ray Carter and Tim Koelma – had been suspended over a $5000 donation from Wyong builder Matthew Lusted there was no indication the matter went much further than that.

But the ICAC was told on Monday Hartcher and his staffers sought to back-channel more than $400,000 in illegal donations for the benefit of Central Coast candidates Chris Spence and Darren Webber.

The rort meant Spence, who allegedly received $105,000 and Webber who was given $50,000, could concentrate on campaigning without having to hold down a job.

Upper house MP Marie Ficarra has stood aside as a parliamentary secretary after the ICAC heard she solicited an illegal $5000 donation from property developer Tony Merhi.
    Far worse, however, is the allegation that the highest levels of the party were complicit in using prohibited donations to fund the Liberals' successful 2011 election campaign.

Artthur Sindinos is next on the **** list I think. Once
    he squeels and names his buddies in Canberra's
    'A list' Abbott he is more doomed as a piece
    of fresh bacon to a magpie. His forgettfulness
    must be brutally cross-examined till he breaks...
    A full warrant should be done to see if any
    houses he occupies or businesses he runs
    has any computer files or physical documents. It
    could be a race against time as when politicians
    are corrupt- evidence destruction is something
    one should watch for.

Abbott is in as much trouble as Gough Whitlam was.
    Similar problem with campaign donations from
    dubious entities. Early elections major loss.

This is the sort of scandal that would
    have brought Nixon undone.

I should have invested in Australian
    Water Holdings while its still was
    a slush fund and influential who
    knows how many politicians
    I could manipulate or blackmail- lol

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...417-zqvyf.html

quote-
    Prime Minister Tony Abbott has moved to clarify he has never held a formal meeting with Australian Water Holdings chief executive Nick Di Girolamo, but he may have met the Liberal Party fund-raiser at party events.

A day after Barry O'Farrell resigned as premier of NSW after revelations he misled a corruption inquiry over a bottle of wine given to him by Mr Di Girolamo, Mr Abbott welcomed the elevation of Mike Baird as the new Premier of NSW. Among federal Liberals, talk immediately turned to the prospect of a stronger relationship between the state and federal governments, with a shared commitment to selling old and building new infrastructure likely to be a cornerstone of the relationship. And speculation is also growing in Coalition ranks about the longer-term future of stood-aside assistant federal treasurer Arthur Sinodinos, a former director of AWH who stepped back from his portfolio in mid-March over his links to the company, which is being investigated by the Independent Commission Against Corruption.

Prime Ministers cannot lie under oath otherwise I remember what happened to the NSW Premier.
    Diversion is no escape. Afterall its no national security issue how a political party solicits
    its donors and if they have any scruples or none- its a legal matter.

Sleazy Campbell Newman is at war with my mate Clive Palmer.
    I hope Clive Palmer will talk about how dodgy QLD
    politics is since Sir Joh...its hilariously hard to
    get Cambells attention without waving cash in his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2doxjnn3Y
    Like Louisiana not much changes in Queensland either except corruption
    afterall Sir Johs relatives are working for the Liberals- I gather thats
    guilty by association...

The Liberals war against him will backfire and probably turn
    him into a hero with all this corruption bull**** infecting
    the whole of the fundraising lobby of the Liberal Party
    they should keep quiet as the louder they talk
    the further they incriminate themselves it seems.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226876742805
    http://media.smh.com.au/national/sel...n-5382727.html
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/busine...-1226900033149
    C'Mon Clive give that ****** a serve. He should sue him for every dollar he has.
    Bankrupts cannot be Premiers im told. Let AWH play out and watch Newman get nervous...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-at-journalist
    quote-
    Prime Minster Tony Abbott has lashed out at a journalist who suggested the NSW government was corrupt during a press conference following the shock resignation of NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell.

He should be more careful with his words and behaviour as many in his own
    party have told me if he does not improve well their could be revolt as he
    is a polarising and manipulative figure as many have discovered. Tony Windsor's
    rant may come to haunt Tony Abbott reign on the deal Tony tried
    to do with Gillard....and what a power junky Tony was...

## ooh and on a related subject Malcolm Fraser has gone senile he should be sent
    to the same nursing home that Gough is in. Otherwise put him on the next plane
    to Moscow- 1 way only- & send him to 'Lubyanka' Im sure the KGB will torture geriatrics
    with the same vigour as young men...useful idiot. Im sure if Putin has somebody
    talking vividly about the West in public Id know where he/she would be sent....

t-shirt man morals of the day. Be careful the company you keep as it may say allot about you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSWusph3ig
    Dilbert teaching politicans to lead by example. When a worker is leading a company by example and
    a manager is doing the opposite- a company or organisation self-destructs.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 03-05-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2014/s3996828.htm

[
    quote-
    Under pressure from Mr Gallacher's barrister, Arthur Moses, SC, to reveal the evidence, Mr Watson said the commission had "sworn testimony from a reliable person implicating Michael Gallacher".

The ICAC started public hearings last week into allegations that former energy minister Chris Hartcher, fellow Central Coast MPs Chris Spence and Darren Webber and Hartcher staffers Tim Koelma and Ray Carter funnelled illegal donations from property developers and other sources into a secret Liberal Party slush fund.

Mr Watson made clear that "the suspension will not operate immediately" and the inquiry into the slush fund, a "sham company" called Eightbyfive, would be completed first.

Witnesses will give evidence this week as scheduled. The inquiry will also hear evidence next week from coal mogul Nathan Tinkler, whose property development group Buildev allegedly donated $66,000 to Eightbyfive.

Mr Hartcher and his associates - Messrs Spence, Webber, Koelma and Carter - are also expected to give evidence next week.

Mr Gallacher resigned on Friday following shocking allegations he was involved in a "corrupt scheme" with Mr Tinkler's associate, Buildev co-founder Darren Williams, for the company to channel illegal donations into Eighbyfive.

"Now that the allegation has been made, we want the evidence," said Mr Gallacher's barrister.

He added that the evidence would not support the allegations made against his client but "now the genie has been let out of the bottle...there have been serious consequences to the minister".

Mr Watson said he would not withdraw the allegations and the claims made against him by Mr Gallacher's barrister were "very serious" and should not have been made.

"At its heart, the commission is an investigative body and the public inquiry is simply one of its tools in conducting an investigation," Mr Watson said.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Is Abbott next?

observe the hand gestures and positions of the eyes, They give away allot.
    http://www.afr.com/p/national/icac_p...PgO4FzI08Ha5BO

quote-
    The Independent Commission Against Corruption’s investigation is inching closer to the Prime Minister’s office. Questions have emerged over Tony Abbott’s role in selecting Karen McNamara as Liberal candidate for the federal seat of Dobell despite doubts over her fund-raising claims.

Mr Abbott was widely reported to be behind the decision by the NSW state executive on April 20, 2012 to appoint McNamara to replace problematic candidate Garry Whitaker. This was three months after *senior Liberals received complaints of an unreported donation on the central coast and despite McNamara’s earlier claims of huge fund-raising which did not correspond with party records.

Dobell is the point where ICAC’s investigation of state fund-raising threatens to expand into the federal party. It is also one of the seats where the prime minister had the most intense interest, after losses in the central coast cost Abbott the 2010 election.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 07-05-2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typo

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

I agree open up the books- nothing to hide then scrutiny
    and investigations are unnecessary wastes of time and tax
    payers money. Service is the duty of a public servant-
    I hope the bloody purge continues for those who do
    not hold similar standards- regardless of their party
    or political connections...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...r-open-diaries

quote-
    NSW politicians will have to open their diaries and declare the financial interests of spouses and dependents every month under a bill to be introduced by Labor. The mooted laws come after twin Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) investigations led two NSW ministers and a premier to resign, and forced another three Liberal MPs onto parliament's crossbenches.
    Opposition leader John Robertson says the legislation he will unveil on Thursday will create a new standard for MPs.
    "The public needs to look at the members of this parliament and know that each of us is here to serve the community, not ourselves," Mr Robertson said. "In light of the continued revelations in ICAC, the people of NSW are understandably disillusioned ... the people of NSW deserve to know who their elected representatives are meeting with, and which interests may be influencing ministers."
    Under the bill, all NSW MPs would have to declare their full taxable income, including investments, trusts and outside business interests, spouses' and dependents' pecuniary interests, and any state government contracts held by family members.

The bill also requires ministers to publish monthly online diaries of all meetings, phone conversations or other interactions with lobbyists, private companies or MPs relating to commercial transactions or decisions. The bill's introduction will come as upper house MP Marie Ficarra prepares to give evidence in ICAC's cash-for-favours probe. She is accused of soliciting a $5000 donation from property developer Tony Merhi, who is also expected to appear in the witness box. Property developers have since 2009 been barred from making political donations in NSW.
    Mr Robertson gave notice of the proposed legislation in March, before the latest ICAC probes kicked off.

Politicians should not bargain with death as death knows what lies are.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 08-05-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Hockey the inspid. Lets tax more.
    People spend less when you tax too much.
    The government is not encouraging growth.
    Maybe the banks should not have been bailed
    out in 2008 with taxpayer money. He is certainly
    showing his lack of experience handling such
    a important job. Pressure mounts from many
    bankers and economist to explain where he
    got his numbers and from whom. Failures in this will be
    evident in the budget which I must see.

I heard the OECD does not consider Joe Hockeys
    knowledge of Australias financial status satisfactory
    and we have a idiot at the helm.

quote-
    While Treasurer Joe Hockey's office was not confirming the return of petrol excise indexation, which was frozen in 2001 at 38.14 cents a litre, it is understood the idea has been canvassed in planning for Tuesday's budget.
    Industry experts say indexation to inflation would raise an extra $1.1 billion a year in 2016/17, rising to $1.6 billion in 2017/18.
    Another option floated in government ranks is lifting the excise rate by up to three cents a litre, estimated to raise an extra $1.2 billion a year on top of the $18.5 billion already forecast.
    Assistant Infrastructure Minister Jamie Briggs says there will be a range of measures in the budget which would be difficult to sell politically, but were needed to get back into the black.
    The Australian Automobile Association says any rise in fuel excise is unjustified.
    "Motorists already pay too much tax," AAA chief Andrew McKellar said.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...ebt-levy-firms

http://www.crikey.com.au/2014/05/07/...budget-crisis/

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...506-zr5o8.html
    Calligula revisited. He even looks like a sodomite.

quote-
    Members of a secretive fund-raising body associated with Federal Treasurer Joe Hockey are being invited to pay $3000 each to be part of an exclusive budget day event attended by his most senior staff and key ministers.

The fund-raising body, the North Sydney Forum, offers exclusive access to Mr Hockey, often in private boardrooms, in return for political donations in the form of annual membership fees of up to $22,000.

But the forum and Mr Hockey refuse to disclose the names of its members. Mr Hockey has declined to say what meetings and discussions he has had with them because his diary is ''confidential''.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...ite-banks.html
    The ABS Unemployment figures are not quite as accurate my usual way for seeing a financial crisis
    is a rise in domestic violence, the amount of stores being closed down or put up for lease, the amount
    of people who have stopped looking for work because their is none, high rates of unemployment
    in regional areas after declines in local production and export declines since 1999 with no jobs to replace
    those gone.Then their is the scourge of underemployment on now people are making do but were
    much better off 10 years ago. The business lobby played with peoples wages to benefit their own bottom
    line fine however in a collapse everybody suffers. Nobody is going to miss them when they jump from
    tall building and all their savings and investments are wiped from their computer screen and cannot live
    their lavish lifestyles of old. Good riddance and hopefully re-incarnation will bring them in to the
    world impoverished this time around.

If you drive through inner NSW we are already in much more than a recession. Somebody is lying like in 2008. The bankers
    have always been known as a cabal and semi-criminal entity since antitquity and you don't have
    to look far to see some of their devious and selfish actions overseas. If the bankers had sufficent'
    knowledge of the issues that caused 2008 they would have solved it by now- however my statistics
    sadly show and also 'financial intelligence' show their is a cancerous rot at the core of the Kenysian system.
    Governments in the future decisions after the bad relationships with bankers credibility and their actions
    may indicate its on a thin tether -especially with geo-political events revealing our financial weaknesses-
    thanks to them. if HSBC supports Mexican drug lords/terrorists and Australian banks profit from child labor in
    Asia our fate is sealed. IMO they are always a blight on society reguardless of how well or bad their
    doing and always need scrutiny and possibly more so as their answers to the problems are weak.
    They are 'fair weather' friends to say the least and it would be sorry if it started raining bad for them.
    Money is not my god but to them it certainly is. Shallow people running society now I know were doomed.

http://www.storyleak.com/nbc-report-...terror-groups/
    Why do banks get criminal immunity?

quote-
    The urban ghettos become more dangerous and uninhabitable by the day. The inner cities are crumbling under the weight of welfare spending and declining tax revenues. The very welfare policies begun fifty years ago to alleviate poverty have hopelessly enslaved the poor and ignorant in permanent squalor and destitution. The four decade old drug war has done nothing to reduce the use of drugs. It has benefited the corporate prison industry, as millions have been thrown into prison for minor drug offenses. Meanwhile, millions more have been legally addicted to drugs peddled by the corporate healthcare complex. The culture warriors and advocates of new rights for every special interest group continue their never ending battles which receive an inordinate amount of publicity from the corporate media. Class warfare is simmering and being inflamed by politicians pushing their particular agendas. Violence provoked by race and religion is growing by the day. The fault lines are visible and the imminent financial earthquake will push distress levels beyond the breaking point. Once the EBT cards stop working, all hell will break loose. Three days of panic will empty grocery store shelves and the National Guard will be called out to try and restore control.

quote-
    George Soros, the billionaire investor, believes the banking sector is a “parasite” holding back the economic recovery and an “incestuous” relationship with regulators means little has been done to resolve the issues behind the 2008 crisis.
    “The banking sector is acting as a parasite on the real economy,” Mr Soros said in his new book “The Tragedy of the European Union”.
    “The profitability of the finance industry has been excessive. For a while 35pc of all corporate profits in the United Kingdom and the United States came from the financial sector. That’s absurd.”
    Mr Soros outlined how the problems that caused the Eurozone economic crisis remain largely unresolved.
    “Very little has been done to correct the excess leverage in the European banking system. The equity in the banks relative to their balance sheets is wafer thin, and that makes them very vulnerable.

in other words we suffer from the same secrecy and corruption so the time bomb ticks away.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/04/...ascist-affair/
    What the CIA- cough knows about the 'hidden establishment' behind the scenes at the Sydney branch of the Liberal Party.
    Im sure others are aware of their 'activities' overseas as well. The CIA/Mi6 and ASIO monitored Odessa after the war along with
    more extreme communist elements of the Labor party- DLP split in 60's.. Due to their totalitarian tenancies you would not see not why they
    would need close inspection and some legacies live long after the power supposedly went...

quote-
    Such a sanitised version ignores that crucial date of April 10, 1941, when the NDH was spawned. That infamous fascist state of the Ustaše dedicated itself to a greater Croatia purged of Jewish, Roma and Serbian elements. Anti-fascist Croats were also prominent targets. Established after the invasion of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia on April 4, 1941 by the grace of Mussolini’s Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany’s blessing, it also had a focus on removing Muslim influence, though the authorities were not averse to collaborating with Muslim militants in pursuing goals against other minorities.

Its brief but bloody existence as an annex of Axis power, overseen by Poglavnik Ante Pavelić, saw the deaths of some 800,000 Yugoslavian subjects. Figures to this day remain conservatively patchy, but an estimate suggests that 750,000 Serbs, 60,000 Jews and 26,000 Roma perished. A good portion of the victims, just under a third, perished in the lethally efficient death camp of Jasenovać, described by the Juretić Report of 1942 as “a real slaughterhouse” which exceeded anything the Soviet or Nazi services had inflicted.1 Some of the Axis sponsors came to regret their sponsorship, the savagery of the NDH’s actions proving so extreme efforts had to be made to restrain their blood lust.

What, then, of Abbott’s curious move? The thesis on his school boy ignorance may seem plausible at first blush – one violent movement for independence looks much like any other in the optics of Australian politics, especially waged in the Balkans, but this view should not be wholeheartedly embraced. Australian politicians have shown a weakness of turning up to April 10 gatherings, providing that awkward, sometimes unwitting endorsement for the NDH.

In April 2007, the Australian Jewish News noted the anger of Jewish and Croatian officials at the attendance by John Howard’s Communications Minister Helen Coonan, Liberal Senator Concetta Fierravanti-Wells and NSW Upper House MP David Clarke at a commemoration of the April 10 date. “The Howard Government has been embarrassed by the appearance of a cabinet minister at a Croatian independence function linked to a murderous neo-Nazi regime.”

Anti-racism campaigner Cam Smith let Coonan and Fierravanti-Wells off the hook in his Crikey (Apr 27, 2007) contribution – their attendance must have been done in bumbling ignorance. Not so Clarke, who had been involved since the 1970s with elements connected with Ustaše sympathisers. He had been caught out in 2005 celebrating the same date with similar company, though on that occasion he “feigned surprise”. Useful idiocy can be a stock defence.

Which brings us, rather pertinently, to the right wing heavies who populated, as they still do, a faction of the Liberal Party Abbott is well versed with. The “Uglies” was a term minted for a right faction in a part of the NSW Liberal Party which featured the machinations of various rightists. During the 1950s, the “open church” that was to characterise Liberal Party politics involved the addition of various European Nazi collaborators and those suspected of war crimes. Some scholars have tried to distinguish the idea of “extreme right” and “extremist right”, but this is more a matter of form than substance.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelk...e-the-gas-tax/
    http://dailyreckoning.com/how-to-pre...omic-collapse/

http://www.dw.de/german-anti-trust-a...tel/a-15858578
    http://moneymorning.com/2011/01/26/h...he-feds-radar/

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/62597
    State sanctioned corruption and collusion to meet all 'vested' interests. The Keynesian cartel.

quote-
    The flaw in Keynesian theory is that central bank credit expansion ultimately leads to massive “debt saturation” and “malinvestment” throughout the economy, which reverses the boom that the credit expansion was meant to perpetuate. Ultimately, the system must go through a severe purging in order to eliminate the heavy levels of debt and malinvestment before a genuine growth cycle can be reignited. Such a purging leads to a mega-crisis that brings on either severe deflation or inflation, or a combination of the two that is called stagflation. Which one of the three occurs will depend on how the political-monetary authorities in charge react to the events that unfold.

This crisis takes place because central bank credit expansion brings about healthy growth like heroin brings about well-being. In the early stages of the process businesses flourish, and the Fed is able to manipulate expansions and slow downs in a tolerable way. But once an economy becomes thoroughly “debt saturated” from the massive injections of credit over the years, borrowing drops off drastically. This slows the rate of monetary growth by inhibiting the central bank’s power to pyramid credit, which threatens the economy with a deflationary crash. If the Fed tries to stop the deflation with faster and heavier credit expansion, it brings on hyper-inflation and then a crash. In addition to the debt saturation, Fed credit expansion also creates widespread “malinvestment,” i.e., capital expenditures for which there is no genuine demand and which cannot be sustained.

With the decline in taxpayer/ offshoring of jobs (over the past 10 years) increasing taxes will crash the economy?
    As us Austrian economists know free the consumer from their burdens and easy access to
    employment and local job opportunities will help economies grow- taxes are a Keynesian invention.
    Keynesian continue to sprout globalisation which nullifies a countries internal economic resilience
    and makes it reliant on a 'external entity' for inflation, economic and financial figures.
    Since high fuel prices affect supermarket prices due to transport hidden inflation continues
    to rise- now in control by the fuel cartel...who have a vested interest with the governments
    and banks. They don't seem to have learned from the US collapse have they? Well
    us Austrian economist were right in 1929 and 2008 and Australia IMO is on borrowed time.
    Enjoy it while it lasts.

quote-

So should we raise gas taxes? Or change them? Many of you might be sputtering right now. High gas prices will kill the economy and taxes will only make things worse, many argue. Rick Santorum tried to argue this week that high gas prices caused the housing crisis.

Proponents, however, will say: look at the rest of the world. The Federal gas tax, last raised in 1993, sits at 18.4 cents per gallon while diesel taxes are at 24.4 cents per gallon. (This doesn’t include state taxes). Fuel taxes come to 2.19 pounds, or $3.42, not including the 20 percent value added tax, in Great Britain. Over 60 percent of the price at the pump goes to taxes and Britain (or at least most parts of it) has not-at least fully not–returned to the Stone Age. Germany’s fuel and value added taxes come to around 1.55 Euros per gallon for gas ($2.07) and 1.42 for diesel. Gas in Europe now goes for $5.60 per gallon (figures in liters).
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 13-05-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

The banksters have a hand in dead children if they die with a HECS debt.
    Now we know who they work for- how low can these pay by the hour politicans go.
    Money is their God allright looks like my Grandfather was right. Wonder what
    money grabbing pick pocket Shylock ideas the government will have next.
    Somebody will soon demand their pound of flesh from them.

quote-

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has slapped down his Education Minister and ruled out collecting outstanding HECS debts from the estates of dead students.
    Mr Abbott said on Thursday morning that the government was not going to change existing rules around HECS debts from the deceased.
    ''This government is not going to change the existing rules, and the existing rules in respect of university debt . . . is that they cease on decease,'' he told ABC radio.
    His comments come after Education Minister Christopher Pyne floated the idea of collecting student debts from the dead as a way of boosting the budget bottom line.

Treasurer Joe Hockey also earlier on Thursday appeared to back the idea.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-pol...529-395ch.html
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 29-05-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Ride
    24" hotfoot cruiser

I called it the federal erection. Doesn't matter who gets in we're all screwed. ;p lol

I have no idea what direction hey should go with the budget or how they will continue to fund everything if there are no changes at all.......

What happens if the national debt gets out of control? Do the creditors divvy up the crown land between them?
    plasma cutter + TIG + 2k paint= to infinity and beyond!

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by xy-transit View Post
    I called it the federal erection. Doesn't matter who gets in we're all screwed. ;p lol

I have no idea what direction hey should go with the budget or how they will continue to fund everything if there are no changes at all.......

What happens if the national debt gets out of control? Do the creditors divvy up the crown land between them?
    Remember politicians are mostly puppets and most cannot think
    for themselves. That what advisors and various shawdowy groups are for
    who are the real power behind the throne if you get where
    im aiming at...notice how many politiicans can only read out
    a party line yet cannot articulate policy in the real world...

Which banksters should I ask who controls our national debt in a era
    of globalisation do the Chinese or Russians already own us? We sent
    much of our technology and industry in their hands while own economy
    self destructs. I will keep quiet here.

Like history is cruel we were sold out by our own.

The US Constitution tells us to watch for enemies foreign and domestic.
    Russia can strangle the EU with gas supplies and China can attack
    the US currency and destroy WTO as they own most of the debt.
    They even formed a rival economic group BRIC who sees G20
    as a rival to be slowly removed from the scene...

Lets hope the bankers favourite cities they inhabit are nuclear targets.
    They won't be able to cash their debts in and have lavish parties if there all dead.
    Those creditors can die from radiation poisoning. They were blamed
    for the collapse in 1929 and the chaos that led to WWII. They are nobodies
    friend except for their own selves as they think they control everything.
    I think not. Their system is dying and their enemies are no longer afraid
    and the relative peace is never coming back. They want their money back.
    You know what that means don't you....

They deserve all the disdain they deserve and should be made to suffer.

Lets hope the Cold War gets much hotter and watch as their global
    assets rapidly evaporate...would gladden my heart indeed. Obamas
    tough talk with a declining military only invites China and Russia
    to be even more aggressive. We ain't seen nothing yet.

http://breakingdefense.com/2013/10/c...t-sinologists/
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27606537
    It was a quiet morning on December 7 1941 until....

http://www.afr.com/p/business/compan...gAClkpLv1gg24I
    Its already happening and many Western bankers are going to have their overseas assets zero'd...

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2014/03/24-6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0p7sgGALo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_lEhG5icsM
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/101705303
    They are much smarter than your average politician however their rules are different and having the ability
    to see a bigger picture on the fate of nations does not take much analysis when you remove the bluster
    and shallow statistics. Obama(Chamberlain) is not as smart as Putin (you know who) but lets hope
    his advisors know better. Russia remembers the shame and humiliation under Yeltsin and Putin
    will have plans some have not seen yet..Lets hope our own can meet the challenge though
    I have given up on the administration who are lost in rhetoric its the groups+ individuals who form
    more of a defense...as they have made too many mistakes.

quote-
    If there was one takeaway from Russia's annual economic shindig in St Petersburg last week, it was that the country is continually looking to its neighbor China for trade and investment. While the United States can't claim that it might be losing a friend with Russia's pivot east, it might be a different story for the dollar, with the alliance having the potential to undercut the domination of the U.S. currency.
    "Taken alone, these actions do not mean the end of the dollar as the leading global reserve currency. But, taken in the context of many other actions around the world including Saudi Arabia's frustration with U.S. foreign policy toward Iran, and China's voracious appetite for gold, these actions are meaningful steps away from the dollar," Jim Rickards, portfolio manager at West Shore Group and partner at Tangent Capital Partners, told CNBC via email.
    Speaking at a CNBC-hosted event on Friday, Russian President Vladimir Putin outlined his plans for closer links with China and a new Eurasian union. This followed a high-profile deal by Gazprom, the Russian state-backed gas giant, which signed a $400 billion, 30-year deal to supply gas to China.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 29-05-2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Russia has a 4-1 superiority in nuclear first strike Obama should not be so bold. Unlike America Russia modernised in 1998

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information