• Labour

1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Federal Election 2013

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

Default Re: Federal Election 2013

It was truly depressing watching the teev yesterday at hungry bobs in a nearby town, Tony was on trying to sound like a grown up but he really reminded me of a four year old I know.......

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    Good to see that you don't understand how the Labor Party works. The Caucus are not faceless men. the Caucus is the Parliamentary member of the Labor Party i.e: those members of Parliament that belong to the Labor Party. There is no one in the caucus who is not Federal member of Parliament. Sure it has factions which go along the lines of who supports each member and the leaders of those groups (trade unions) are commonly referred to as the faceless men although everyone who should know who they are does.
    Excuse me but, this person who is a branch manager of the ALP says "With its plan for direct leadership ballots, Labor no longer appears so anti-democratic and beholden to faceless men. Instead, it's the Liberals on the back foot, writes Joff Lelliott."
    Like I said, these "faceless men/women" have more power over this country and they are NOT elected by the people. If you want to read more about this go here ABC.net

I may not know a lot about the internal workings of the labor party or for that matter a lot of other political parties but I DO know that these people, and the labor party, have no interest in fixing anything unless it is for their good (politicians). We have had keating, the pig farmer who allowed Australia to fall into a pit, we have had rudd then gillard and now back to rudd and still this country has had no fix. I will NOT give these people another shot at ruining this country and just giving all away until nothing is left and then say sorry. I am 60 and have seen the decline myself, not read from books.
    Last edited by Pendaws; 16-08-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaws View Post
    Excuse me but, this person who is a branch manager of the ALP says "With its plan for direct leadership ballots, Labor no longer appears so anti-democratic and beholden to faceless men. Instead, it's the Liberals on the back foot, writes Joff Lelliott."
    Like I said, these "faceless men/women" have more power over this country and they are NOT elected by the people. If you want to read more about this go here ABC.net

I may not know a lot about the internal workings of the labor party or for that matter a lot of other political parties but I DO know that these people, and the labor party, have no interest in fixing anything unless it is for their good (politicians). We have had keating, the pig farmer who allowed Australia to fall into a pit, we have had rudd then gillard and now back to rudd and still this country has had no fix. I will NOT give these people another shot at ruining this country and just giving all away until nothing is left and then say sorry. I am 60 and have seen the decline myself, not read from books.
    Faceless men? The Liberal party has them as well. I think Chinamonty has a point the faceless men are the 'unions' for the Labor party
    and the 'faceless men' on the Liberal party is the 'business lobby'. Neither lobby likes being neglected for fear they will retaliate against
    the party they support. So they in a military sense form a 'powerbase' for them to exorcise power through a political avenue.
    They emulate each other but from left and right perspectives.

Neither extreme is good personally but its your country to run or ruin. There is a old saying in politics that the power behind
    the throne is by far has the most power as most politicians can barely think for themselves without relying on their 'advisors'
    or faceless men to do their work..for them so they don't get their hands dirty...politics is mostly a showmans game...

Im still waiting for the Liberals costings to arrive 1 week before the election. Great financial managers they are(who lived off
    the last US recovery in the late 90's mid early 00's)....last minute to avoid scrutiny perhaps?

But Tony Abbott and Julie Bishop’s insistence on reviling “faceless men” (which seem to include even some of the most prominent folk in the ALP) will leave them open to charges that Secker was necked by 282 “faceless persons” in a secret behind-closed-doors preselection power meeting. Scandalously, in moves that would surely cause shock and awe in lefty media circles, the press were not allowed in to witness the mysterious misdeeds of the anono-preselectors.

Indeed, these faceless men and women defied the encouragement of their federal parliamentary leader Tony Abbott and Secker’s factional patron Christopher Pyne (who insists he has no friends on the Labor side of politics and is probably struggling to find that many in his party room too) to keep Secker on. It appears, occasional lefty media target Senator Cory Bernardi, a Liberal Right factional boss, may have been involved in assisting Secker’s opponent. While officially retired, one-time power-broker Nick Minchin’s ominous presence was also detected.

http://www.vexnews.com/2012/03/oh-no...r-tony-abbott/
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 18-08-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Redwight View Post
    It was truly depressing watching the teev yesterday at hungry bobs in a nearby town, Tony was on trying to sound like a grown up but he really reminded me of a four year old I know.......
    Suppository of Wisdom. You know whats on his mind don't you. Definietely not politics thats for sure...

Well its good were prepare for all the 'gaffes' our future leader may make. You'd wreckon
    he'd hire a speechwriter instead of doing his 'own' notes. He think he would not need any
    in a election debate well prepared man he is. Id like to speak to his 'faceless men' to get
    a more realistic insight on this potential leader...

Quote-
    Australia spent around $90 billion to stimulate its economy. Sounds like a lot? Well, China spent over half a trillion dollars. And nearly three quarters of that spending went towards the infrastructure whose raw materials we supply.

Our politicians pretend they can steer the economy like a ship. But we have a very small ship and it's a very big ocean. During an election, it pays to remember our economic future is determined by the wind, not the sails.

Im rarely wrong about the economy. Australia will be in a deep recession by 2014. The usual
    property collapse and stock market fall and bonds will be obliterated. Liberal or Labor will
    not save you. With Australia manufacturing butchered, its service industries outsourced and
    mining is heading to poorer 3rd world countries our days are numbered. Who really controls
    the economy- ask the 'faceless men' who run hedge funds...somewhere in a boardroom overseas...

Im not a 'investment banker' but one cruel truth I can say about politicians as they will be the first
    to herald good news and the last place to hear from bad news...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLS5AU8GhUA

http://www.brw.com.au/p/business/rec...NBxSt627NaPUPK
    Thanks BRW- The Chickens are coming home to roost and the farmer is not ready for them. Some 'honest'
    reporting for once...

Quote-
    He urged older Australians with memories of the high inflation, high unemployment years between 1974 and 1983 to “visualise this failure”.

Funny you know Malcolm Fraser was the Liberal PM for most of that time as well as Hawkies early years.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-3...rnment/4853252

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ECi6WJpbzE
    Its happened in the US and its coming to Australia maybe before the end of 2013...back by popular demmand...the truth hurts for some.

Quote-
    Sometimes it just a engine failure other times the deadly flak, if the pilots lucky the flak will kill him but usually it is'nt and
    he is burnt to death.

The way our economy is going our pilot will be incinerated. Hopefully he won't have to suffer too much.
    (well its not WWII lets hope the ejection seat works!!!)
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 21-08-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

From the Suppository of Wisdom to 'Shut Up' our future PM goes from bad to worse.
    Being rude and evading questions is no excuse for being childish. Well a 5 billion dollar
    parental scheme is great but hitting self funded retirees and peoples super won't win friends.
    I hear millionares are eligible for paid parental leave. Lets not forget the Liberals
    'cover up' to increase the GST in their new 'tax review'....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226701847777

Quote-
    Labor candidate Peter Beattie has already turned the phrase against the Opposition Leader, declaring on Twitter this morning: “Mr Abbott I will never `shut up' about LNP health cuts in QLD especially at Logan & Gold Coast hospitals; 1000 nurses' lost jobs in QLD.”Mr Abbott appeared to have a momentary lapse in control last night as Kevin Rudd hammered him on the costings of his paid parental leave scheme.

“Does this guy ever shut up?”
    Mr Abbott said during the debate at the Broncos Leagues Club in Brisbane.
    Labor insiders said the theme was likely to be worked into its broader attack on Mr Abbott's character during the second half of the campaign.

Some war veterans are wondering when their pensions will increase. Cold day in hell
    boys and girls...don't ask Tony..you may get a very rude response. I sure he will tell the
    veterans to shut up as well even though the military gave him plenty of photoshoots to
    look important. If NSW is a top example of Liberal leadership expect our schools, hospitals,
    community and emergency services to fall into ruins. The economy will turn into Tony Camerons
    UK practically overnight...

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/12/wo...pository-gaffe
    Even the Americans are worried about Tony's intelligence+judgement...and now his behaviour..
    he is not fit to lead I gather. Malcolm Turnbull must be grimacing at his leaders stupidity its
    becoming 'very embarrassing' for them. I would not want to be his press secretary explaining
    away his gaffes in overseas tours for 'foreign investment' he so proudly claims. Most would
    by his moves of late would indicate they would end in disaster.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-pol...819-2s7d7.html
    Dissension in the Liberals ranks? Looks like Turnbull cannot put up with Tony any more.
    I think some Liberals are going to vote Labor because of the international embarrassment Abbott has become...
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 22-08-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Tony Abbott is numero uno.

Australias answer to Vladamir Putin- our own 'action man'.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...prime-minister

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/08/op...bbott-grattan/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24000133

Quote-
    The coalition won 88 seats to Labor's 57 in the 150-seat parliament.

Liberal leader Tony Abbott, who will be prime minister, promised a competent and trustworthy government.

Outgoing PM Kevin Rudd earlier admitted defeat and said he would not stand again for the Labor leadership.

Open for business I hope too. By bye carbon tax crap and cgt on cars. I hear the senate is still
    being worked out. Motorists party aigh. I wreckon their should be a tax on
    pruis's...and other slow underpowered battery powered greenie crap.

The Greens got slaughtered but should have some seats in the Senate.
    Palmer may have a seat or two in the senate. I think many people blame
    the greens for chaos of the hung parliament and strange deeds done under Gillard...

I congratulate Tony Abbott and give him the benefit of the doubt as it
    was Rudd's mistakes that cost him the election especially taking his
    own department out of context for costings.

Still Labor will probably be under Shorten who should be a very effective
    opposition leader so Tony should do all the right moves otherwise its
    one term in office only. He'll need all the luck he can get. If the economy
    does not turn around and proposed bills are in limbo in the Senate well...
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 09-09-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaws View Post

I suppose at least the Liberals have a visible face in Rupert but everyone who wants to know who the faceless men are doesn't have much problem finding out who they are and which unions they represent. So what that you are 60 - I am 58 so I have been around too and not in libraries. I have worked for the Government, worked in private enterprise as a salaried employee and as a temp. I have been a shop steward, I have been involved in the early stages of Health and safety at a national level and I spent four and half years living and working in China, and I have had spells of unemployment, so I don't rely on books either. I have got to look at things from most sides of the fence. We obviously have different experiences and I for one have absoluteley no problem with you coming to your conclusions. I am just glad that the Australian people decided to reinforce that the Senate is a house of review and not a house of rubber stamp. Sure there will be some 'parties' that shouldn't be there but you can only blame Liberal and Labor (leaving the Nationals out of this one) for that with their connivances on preferences and the ridiculous Senate ballot paper that doesn't allow us to show our preferences "above the line". My Senate vote would have been different if that was allowed but I followed the 'mark one box' option this time.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ELSpeedo View Post
    Tony Abbott is numero uno.

Australias answer to Vladamir Putin- our own 'action man'.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...prime-minister

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/08/op...bbott-grattan/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24000133

Quote-
    The coalition won 88 seats to Labor's 57 in the 150-seat parliament.

Liberal leader Tony Abbott, who will be prime minister, promised a competent and trustworthy government.

Outgoing PM Kevin Rudd earlier admitted defeat and said he would not stand again for the Labor leadership.

Open for business I hope too. By bye carbon tax crap and cgt on cars. I hear the senate is still
    being worked out. Motorists party aigh. I wreckon their should be a tax on
    pruis's...and other slow underpowered battery powered greenie crap.

The Greens got slaughtered but should have some seats in the Senate.
    Palmer may have a seat or two in the senate. I think many people blame
    the greens for chaos of the hung parliament and strange deeds done under Gillard...

I congratulate Tony Abbott and give him the benefit of the doubt as it
    was Rudd's mistakes that cost him the election especially taking his
    own department out of context for costings.

Still Labor will probably be under Shorten who should be a very effective
    opposition leader so Tony should do all the right moves otherwise its
    one term in office only. He'll need all the luck he can get. If the economy
    does not turn around and proposed bills are in limbo in the Senate well...
    My only problem is that once again I will be funding people who have a company car and no company use for that vehicle. I think the log book for three months (and you get to chose which three) is a sensible control. I too congratulate Mr Abbott and also make the point that Clive Palmer has shown that despite all the obstacles put in his way it is still possible to form a political party in Australia. We need a couple more of them. We need a real Country Party and we need a real Workers Party for a start. Also I doubt the costings cost labor many votes and if it did that was likely offset by people who didn't vote coalition because of their arrogance in not releasing their costings early enough to give us a chance to digest them. I think it will be Albo not Shorten. Mr Abbott will need some luck but he has very experienced people with him to learn from. I hope he doesn't stuff up on the world stage though. The amazing thing with our system is how a little overall percentage leads to a large change and how people interpret it. Dennis Napthine has used the 3% swing in Victoria as endorsement for his East-West Funnell (sic)!
    Last edited by chinamonty; 09-09-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

My only problem is that once again I will be funding people who have a company car and no company use for that vehicle. I think the log book for three months (and you get to chose which three) is a sensible control. I too congratulate Mr Abbott and also make the point that Clive Palmer has shown that despite all the obstacles put in his way it is still possible to form a political party in Australia. We need a couple more of them. We need a real Country Party and we need a real Workers Party for a start. Also I doubt the costings cost labor many votes and if it did that was likely offset by people who didn't vote coalition because of their arrogance in not releasing their costings early enough to give us a chance to digest them. I think it will be Albo not Shorten. Mr Abbott will need some luck but he has very experienced people with him to learn from. I hope he doesn't stuff up on the world stage though. The amazing thing with our system is how a little overall percentage leads to a large change and how people interpret it. Dennis Napthine has used the 3% swing in Victoria as endorsement for his East-West Funnell (sic)!
    So have they decided yet- Albanese or Shorten...?
    I prefer Shorten as he is a clean skin Albanese and the
    Micheal McGurk days are some of the Labor parties
    darker past...
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 07-10-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

So have they decided yet- Albanese or Shorten...?
    I prefer Shorten as he is a clean skin Albanese and the
    Micheal McGurk days are some of the Labor parties
    darker past...
    Bill shorten showed his true colours knifing people in the back he supposedly supports. & this he has done before when in the union....even the blue collars did not trust him.

He makes a good smiling assassin.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by PD56 View Post
    Bill shorten showed his true colours knifing people in the back he supposedly supports. & this he has done before when in the union....even the blue collars did not trust him.

He makes a good smiling assassin.

Politics is a game of survival more often than keeping up appearances.
    Agreed you don't want a koala bear in opposition you want a drop bear (Thylarctos plummetus)
    instead.

We'll you need a smiling assassin (or atleast with a cheeky grin) to maul the Coalitions
    promises if they don't go to plan....it could be one term only for Abbott.

Alabanese gets too archy with reporters when he was caught out last on the 7:30 report
    Shorten is more measured in his approach- far more cunning. Well educated and would
    not like going up against him in a debate.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 09-10-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

Politics is a game of survival more often than keeping up appearances.
    Agreed you don't want a koala bear in opposition you want a drop bear (Thylarctos plummetus)
    instead.

We'll you need a smiling assassin (or atleast with a cheeky grin) to maul the Coalitions
    promises if they don't go to plan....it could be one term only for Abbott.

Alabanese gets too archy with reporters when he was caught out last on the 7:30 report
    Shorten is more measured in his approach- far more cunning. Well educated and would
    not like going up against him in a debate.
    I think Abbott will be struggling to be leader at the next election. His replacement might win though.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

after the next election. when the just fixing up labor stuff wears thin.

If you get a consistant positive vibe from this newer style of leader then the professional smilling assassin wont look so good.

liberal now in-today its announced that costing have gone in to fix TV and telephones.

already they announced today a drop in house prices following the post election bounce???????????????????????????????????

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

I think Abbott will be struggling to be leader at the next election. His replacement might win though.
    Early days as the Honeymoon has just begun, wait till it is over for more precise judgement.

Are you suggesting Malcom Turnbull will be the replacement?

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Davehoos View Post
    after the next election. when the just fixing up labor stuff wears thin.

If you get a consistant positive vibe from this newer style of leader then the professional smilling assassin wont look so good.

liberal now in-today its announced that costing have gone in to fix TV and telephones.

already they announced today a drop in house prices following the post election bounce???????????????????????????????????
    I hear interest rates are going up due to house prices not being very 'realistic' in some areas.
    The property decline is a global thing and does not exclude Australia. There is a old saying
    of putting all your eggs in one basket.,,Sydney's prices are ridiculous. Credit markets are
    tight and that makes housing a raw point and more than just supply and demmand. There
    is allot of property owned by the banks and bought by interest flow and if thats the case well...
    Constant house prices rises in the US was brought to a deathly halt in 2008 if I remember clearly.
    The Reserve's interest rates cuts to stimulate the economy have not worked either. They
    need to get back to basics I think as the US have had to. Lets hope its not that bad.

Malcolm looks like where the smart money would go but I doubt he'd have the guts to
    take on Abbott if the carbon tax does not bind..or the boats or the...and go down with
    the ship next election instead. Then its in Shorten's reach.

Shorten has the makings of the next Bob Hawke if he goes about it the right way. You
    need to be cunning in opposition as Abbott was and one step ahead of them...or the old
    saying goes use the same or 'improved' tactics against them.

Abbott walked out of a press conference recently and its not good to piss off the media
    if you get the gist. It had something to do with 'political entitlements'. Not very gentlemanly
    either.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 09-10-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

Abbott walked out of a press conference recently and its not good to piss off the media
    if you get the gist. It had something to do with 'political entitlements'. Not very gentlemanly
    either.
    might just be grass roots asking the prime minister to tell the media who runs the country.
    any tactics work if the voters follow. the pollies spending might be a government driven campaign to drum up feeling do the the lack of opposition.. so far its been reported here as they all do it and they should look in to it.

I think shorten is the best runner for old labor or union labor. but its not a step forward...malcom no..then who.barnaby?...

since ive been travelling I heard lots of stories around the camp fires.--most of them was glad the election was over-who won?--and we left Australia hoping it was better when we get home.

mates from up boarder QLD have told me of whole streets of empty houses as companies quietly implode and Kiwi europeans head home.
    one neighbour had purchased liquidated house in Morton bay so their children get better school.

P/S I got a double credit limit and reduced interest this week when I payed up my card from the trip..

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Malcolm Turnbull puts Tony Abbott on notice?
    Popularity can be such a fickle thing.

I wonder whats happening behind closed doors- pun.

Quote-
    Government frontbencher Malcolm Turnbull has defended Tony Abbott against accusations he lied about workers' conditions at fruit grower SPC, saying the Prime Minister has never lied to him and does not lie.
    On Tuesday, outspoken Liberal MP Sharman Stone accused Mr Abbott and Treasurer Joe Hockey of ''lying'' when suggesting that workers' conditions at troubled food processor SPC Ardmona were overly generous.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-pol...205-320ji.html

As a part American I find it strange a chocolate company gets preference
    over fresh fruit in a can. To make matters worse I think closing Ford
    and Holden is a slowly ticking time bomb that will explode not before
    the next election. I wonder who they will blame. After all in the Howards
    Years Ford and Holden were doing quite well. Something has happening
    to government policy along the way. While I think Obama saving GM
    was a good thing as in the long term thinking looks at many things
    rather than current economic 2-4 year cycles which seem to be
    a exercise in groundhog day while ignoring the big picture.

Or could it be politicial favoritism to some groups while ignoring others. It looks like Abbott is
    all talk and no action. I hear the Australian Senate is changing seats soon. Should
    make interesting viewing.

Last edited by ELSpeedo; 05-02-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Yes you are right Australians did have a third party government option
    back in the early 1920-1950's when the National Party was not aligned
    with the Liberals. I suppose with the potential sale to the US of our
    pride and joy wheat industry was not such a good idea after all. Farmers
    are quite a powerful group in Australia as manufacturing needs a boost
    and mining needs help once the boom goes.

We have lost our textile industry to the Chinese, Indians and Bangladeshi's.
    Credit to them they a shrude businesspeople however their laws and politics
    are much different to ours.

Farmers have learned that when a politician promises you something take it at face value
    until that is actually taken up in parliament and passed as funds for support.
    Ronald Reagan had a old saying for taxing the profitable and subsiding the
    unprofitable but needed industries contribution to the greater economy as well.

If you ran a economy on helping profiting businesses at the expense of others
    you risk creating a dangerous political vacuum as the US crash in 2008.
    But I don't see the current party looking that far ahead. America had Ross Perot
    in the 90's and Ron/ Rand Paul recently however they failed to gain the tipping point in public
    opinion which we know is left and right but also a centre. I think the National
    Party would say to ultra conservatives is to back off in industries that
    'serve the national interest'. When you also look at Australias changing
    of foreign ownership laws of property as well opens up a real estate bubble
    as well. Maybe this is a sign the current archetypes of free market globlisation
    needs a thorough review. A first world economy cannot compete with a third
    world economy no matter how low the wages are. The EU have anti-dumping
    laws so do the US but Australia hopes the rest of the planet won't take
    advantage of it. History is a cruel teacher. Some countries are much
    stricter on what you own, who else has a share in it and what your
    intentions are with the product/ service you intend to purchase.

However Clive Palmer is good that he is a loose cannon in the Lower House
    should keep the political lobby groups of the Liberals and some Labor
    groups in check.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...203-31wk2.html
    follow the money...
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 05-02-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

The fun hasn't started yet-this is warm up politics getting ready for JULY.

Liberal party are not looking at IR this term----watch for the next 12 months as labor party fixes the IR mess--from opposition.

National party are not aligned with the liberal party. Greens are not wanted by the labor party

the crap people go on about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gonski
    CEO ...........rhymes with coal.

More important than this is--over Christmas NBN placed a wireless internet tower at booral. It wont be operational till after june.The village of booral has under 75 homes
    One import /export business with 7 employees ant 2 saw mills with 20 employees.-fire station and SES. infant/primary school with 62 students.
    the tower position in the valley with the village is next to a sub station. surrounded by hills.

the village has no TV reception or phone coverage, but it ALREADY has broadband
    Last edited by Davehoos; 05-02-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Davehoos View Post
    The fun hasn't started yet-this is warm up politics getting ready for JULY.

Liberal party are not looking at IR this term----watch for the next 12 months as labor party fixes the IR mess--from opposition.

National party are not aligned with the liberal party. Greens are not wanted by the labor party

the crap people go on about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gonski
    CEO ...........rhymes with coal.

More important than this is--over Christmas NBN placed a wireless internet tower at booral. It wont be operational till after june.The village of booral has under 75 homes
    One import /export business with 7 employees ant 2 saw mills with 20 employees.-fire station and SES. infant/primary school with 62 students.
    the tower position in the valley with the village is next to a sub station. surrounded by hills.

the village has no TV reception or phone coverage, but it ALREADY has broadband

A picture says 1000 words so this photo could say allot of things about a particular character and his vices. Those
    who study peoples facial expressions and non verbal communication will know even more.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-pol...204-2yqte.html
    She' s got Tony by the balls. I wonder who she works for...?

Well atleast you've got Broadband. VOIP your phone if the speed is fast and reliable enough.
    Though as we know most Western Governments still go for the cheapest contract rather than
    the best. Which could be why were in all this mess however...satellite would be my choice
    in the region as laying cables would be hyper expensive. Wireless is too unreliable
    in civilian form to even approach the performance of satellite.

Yes im keenly waiting for July to see the smile wiped off that Jesuits face- Abbott that is.
    Hopefully the opposition is stockpiling its ammunition ready for the Winter Offensive.
    His actions against the national broadcaster indicate he does not like scrutiny- which is a weakness
    in my book. The ABC was bashing the Labor party as much as the Liberals and
    Abbotts a wuss for not realising otherwise. He wanted the top job soooo badly
    and that old saying heavy is the burden for who wears the crown. According
    to my research he has made 8 mistakes already- 2 of which may cost him
    the next election.

Abbott got allot more skeletons in the closet than Gillard or Rudd ever did.
    Im not saying what they are but im sure the local media will find out over time.
    He has been a very good opposition leader due to his aggressive and combative nature
    (which would have made allot of enemies one might imagine)
    but as one knows in politics ones strengths can be turned against you and when
    you read what Malcolm Fraser and how he has distanced himself from Mr Abbotts
    ideology you will realise Australias position is rather precarious. He's doing a better
    poliarisation of the country than Silvio Berlusconi did and he was sleaze. The way
    things are going their election chances are not looking so hot especially if after
    all the cutting and closing down makes a European style crisis a reality. At the
    moment Im researching his mentors and his closely knit group and hangers-on.
    Weakness I see here and it will soon come to light...

I wonder what he will say then and like a weasel he is will blame somebody else instead.
    The Reserve Banks optimism I do not share. It has all the Hallmarks of
    when Greenspan was in charge in 2008 and the system was being plundered
    by hedge funds and vested interests.

Im am personally not a pessimist or a optimist but a realist. Realist politics and
    economic management is only there sadly when mistakes are made or big decision on
    restructuring our fatally flawed 20th century financial system. But thats another post.

As much as Id like for the moderate conservatives to stab Abbott in the back and
    take it back from the more extreme part of the Liberal party its more fun watching
    them arguing and the rest of the world watching. Should make great comedy.
    Most politicians are so self absorbed you think they would not see it coming.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...204-31zio.html
    Double standards. Im sure the suicide of fruit growers can put Tony Abbott feeble mind at ease.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/eco...g-new-collapse
    death by strangulation- the Australian economy.

Quote-

Australia now bears all the hallmarks of a country where its industrial base has hollowed out. The decision by Ford Australia to close its manufacturing plants at Broadmeadows and Geelong is evidence of what economists call Dutch disease: a natural resource boom drives up the exchange rate and makes all other exports deeply uncompetitive.
    With the outlook for the global economy far less rosy than it was, the mining sector is also cutting back on investment. That has left the economy propped up by the one remaining source of growth – an overvalued real estate market.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...uses-apologize

Well if he knew there was a bubble there why did he not report it? Sadly I don't take
    my own countries advice first before looking at what other countries see the situation- for a balanced view.
    They created globalisation and they should realised they are being scrutinised
    allot more. You cannot go on a computer screen and play games with numbers
    on my watch. Wall St is a 'closed shop' and I don't think Greenspan is being honest.
    The Reserve Bank needs a relationship with traders/business leaders though it is obvious
    it is too close to them which is a inherent weakness. Human nature is responsible
    for the rest.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 09-02-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

wife explains to me the sat dishes on labors most expencive school hall in OZ arnt connected-as they have fiber to the node across the street at the new telephone exchange and very good broadband. but they don't have TV or mobile phone service.

If you use a fax you get service.

My parents farm serviceman got the sack the other day. the new bloke turned up and had to be inducted. never been on a farm before.

the word is that peaches are a dead product-Ive been buying plastic bottles of fruit for half price at coles for a hot weather drink.sugar hit.
    Im not happy that products are dumped here--the storey I was told cooks like Italian tomatoes and it would raise the price of food.

just remember with SPC gone local co-op can start up, value adding.

I think you find that with massive unemployment about to occure the left will come to the party to talk IR without having to pay people $2 hr.

PS I recently got a pay rice to $51K base wage and are payed more than most of my workmates.. less than SPC workers------but wages are a tiny percentage of the total cost. I though some smart gents like yourselves would have found the data to show that.

greenspan stuff--didn't the USA want the economy to fail. Im confused, I thought they did. it solved the arab woes the jewish problem. modernised the USA manufacturing base and set the nation up for the old age economy. Its US energy policy to use the economy to reduce green house gas emisions without a tax.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Im on a fixed income and retired officially though I was a wage earner once.
    A country is in decline when it worries when lucky baby boomers who
    had the 'best years' now X,Y and Z generations won't see the same.
    I made some money in the boom years of IT in the 90's but lost allot
    of money due to subprime and bad investments other companies made
    on my behalf. Im self managed retired now but its a losing war. It would
    be nice to die within the next 10 years as I don't want that prophecy
    from my old Vietnam veteran mate in the Navy becoming true. I won't
    say what he said unless something very bad happens globally- if you get what
    I mean.

Supermarkets don't care what they sell unless the stuff is poisonous or toxic
    or nobody knows about it till the ambulance arrives, Australias laws on banned
    chemicals varies in certain counties- bit more cancer in your diet I suppose.
    Go globalisation !!! Australian made means little profits matter more. Who needs
    social responsibility and helping a local economy must have been the weakness
    that most economists suffer in my past post. Tearing away the fabric of society
    to save a few bucks. We also put men on the moon in my era. The long decline
    has begun since then and it appears unabated. Why does the West decline
    while the East grows? Its looks like they have learnt from our mistakes
    perhaps and happy to profit from our failures.

You would think slowly but surely the animosity would build up like in Europe
    when the young will ask how come they cannot afford housing in the country
    they were born. It was cheap back in my day but now the government is happy
    to put foreign investors whims ahead of citizens. Then the TV has endless
    property shows perpetuating the myth.

I don't know why the US elites nearly bankrupted the US when the Middle Class
    was once its best friend. Old Age economy? Sounds like a country in decline.
    Honestly when you look at the power players in the US the Kissingers,Brzezinski's
    Soros and others makes you think that their thinking may be expiring. Not many new
    leaders of substance have arrived and this dearth in leadership is a problem.
    I may be old but young people are the blood of a economy in growth, resources,
    vigour and most importantly their best years of productive work to contribute
    to a economy and the world at large. Forget that you have a major problem.
    Could be why China and Russia are more aggressive with us because we
    have grown weak and we may have more to worry soon than just a bad economy...
    Australia is too reliant financially on China im told too bad if US-China relations rapidly
    deteriorate this year.

Im not quite familar with US energy policy since the Bush years and
    I see similarities in the US with the left and right and I think the conflict will
    grow over the years. Whats happening in Europe I think will happen to us.
    Polarisation of left and right will be hard to stop especially when inequality
    grows too big and some problems will come out of the woodwork.
    Australia im told has a few of them.

If it collapses like Greece I expect the government to act in a bewildered fashion
    after all It thought it was in the clear from the bankers. I think it will be a
    carbon copy there. I expect the far right and left to blame the democratic
    system for allowing the problems to happen. Where it goes from there
    is anybodies guess. It could end up like Iceland.

Oooh as for your knowledge on Middle East politics is waning the Isrealis and Arabs
    have one thing in common they both don't trust Iran. Hopefully Mr Obama
    will realise he's been fooled and he should be listening to his allies in the region.
    If he also tears up the 'reset' with Russia he will also make Europe happy.
    It would also send a message to China that there next on the list
    with their land grab in the S.C Sea. If any of these fail we could
    be in for more problems than I can handle or anybody for that matter.
    Weakness in economics reflects in weakness militarily....2008 had
    shocks well beyond the world of economics. 2014 is a year with
    effects well beyond this decade....

http://anthillonline.com/is-australi...rise-of-china/
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...691/story.html
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...786030498.html
    http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate...r-weak-economy
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/saudi-c...-commentators/

Its bad when your wrong but he should have known better. Diplomats are not
    up to the job. Put a General in his place the Russians would probably treat
    him with more respect than a clumsy bureaucrat. Somebody needs
    to look Mr Putin within the eyes without cowering...
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 10-02-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

It looks like the only people who still have employment prospects seem to be Australian economists.
    Their crystal ball gazing so far has been poor and they have no real solutions to Australias continuing
    downward slide in employment. Qantas will be gone soon due to Abbott economic extremism which
    im sure is not going unoticed by its Asian neighbours. The term recession is a term used when a ecnonomy is in
    a temporary slowdown like in the early 90's however this time around its looking more
    like a US style crash. Loosing a whole industry is something many will notice overseas and
    some will ask who is running the country that led to such a crisis...well I did not
    vote for Tony Abbott.

Telling Holden to 'go' in Parliament is a shameful & a warning to the Australian
    people that you have a loose cannon in parliament who is causing significant embarrassment and shame overseas.
    Some people like myself will now think twice about investing in Australia due to its current
    dangerous leadership not unlike when Bush Jnr (some overseas people will know the links between
    the Australian Liberal Party and the gun crazy jesus freak tea party- US Republican Party) was running the US
    and investors were fleeing in droves.

I wonder how much more damage he would do. In a time when countries are re-investing in their
    economies they are doing the opposite- dangerous thinking in my books.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...210-32d3g.html
    Quote-
    he end of car manufacturing in Australia - confirmed with Toyota's announcement that it would shut local production in 2017, taking thousands of jobs with it - could tip Victoria and South Australia into recession, industry experts and economists have warned.
    The automotive giant's global boss, Akio Toyoda, travelled to the Altona plant and told 2500 workers their jobs would go in three years. The decision is a massive blow for the Victorian economy in particular, where more than 25,000 jobs are likely to go across the car and automotive components industries. Unions claim 50,000 skilled jobs may be lost nationally. Toyota will follow Ford and Holden out of the country, with all three car makers announcing in the last year that they would cease manufacturing by 2017. All three brands will now import all their vehicles.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...#ixzz2sxO8qMgu

In any other country he would be thrown out of government but his paid media keep focusing on IR laws
    which is funny as he would not allow a police investigation rather than a 'expensive' well paid lawyer
    witch-hunt royal commission designed for publicity more that prosecution. I investigate corruption in
    banks,the defense sector as well as finance and there are plenty of other sectors in the Australian
    that are economy that are riddled with corruption. I always tell young people don't be a blue collar criminal- get a education
    and become a white collar criminal as when you get convicted- you'll get a slap on the wrist and you
    could spend the rest of your ill gotten gains when you get outside in a short period of time.. I would like to send
    some spies into Abbotts inner circle and work out whats going in his peanut head of self styled
    economics and who their working for...
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 11-02-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Well not as invulnerable as I thought. A corruption scandal for favours to
    particular companies in return for political support. Would bring all of the
    governments recent financial government assistance schemes into question.
    If judgement has been sqewered from the start how can you be sure
    recent decisions are done in a legal and professional way? Well it looks
    like acting against the nation interest pays in your country and it is
    disturbing- to say the least.

Could the Australian auto industry had been bailed out but political
    interference made sure it did not happen? That should get the forums going...
    This does not look good when you go further into this power dynamic.
    Pure derp. I think brown paper bag politics was over in Australia- looks
    like I was wrong. Human nature- should have known better. Another mistake
    to add to my list. These failings so early in a leadership may reflect badly
    upon the leader perhaps...and a country as a whole.

Im not very trusting of Australian economists at present- record low interest
    rates and slow growth, rapidly rising unemployment, inflation pressuring up, overpriced housing
    or permanent decline in many areas of the economy . Reasons to reconsider
    perhaps. The old saying about like listening to your own voice...could be a weakness.
    The tendancy to fake the barometer to encourage the market is not new- it brought
    down the US in 2008.

Well for all you military strategists out there may also say that Australia is over-reliant
    on China for exports and this is a significant geo-political disadvantage...you'd be
    a fool not to think that large sums of money could dictate Australia-China politics.
    Money greases deals true but it can also be used to undermine a country.

Quote-
    A source revealed there was a level of frustration with the Prime Minister's inner circle over Mr Furnival, which had led to his initial appointment being temporary and subject to adequate performance. However, his appointment was eventually confirmed without any attempt to ensure he had cut his ties to the junk-food industry.

The resignation comes a week after Fairfax Media revealed that Mr Furnival and Senator Nash intervened to take down a new health rating website, only hours after it was published.

Labor health spokeswoman Catherine King said Mr Furnival's resignation only left more questions to be answered.

''If this was approved through the ministerial appointment process that went through the Prime Minister's office, how could this happen if due process was followed?'' she said.

She said Senator Nash had still not adequately explained why she had decided to intervene and pull down the health star website.

''She had no reason to do that, nor, in fact, any authority to do that, and she has failed the entire week to actually explain that,'' she said. ''All week the minister has been changing her story about this matter and has changed the wording and used semantics to avoid the issue.''

Consumer and health groups have blasted Senator Nash's decision to pull the site down, two months after she axed the funding for Australia's peak drug and alcohol body, the Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Australia.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/fede...214-32rli.html

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...215-32scn.html
    There should be a royal commission !!!

Quote-
    But company documents lodged with the corporate regulator and revealed by Fairfax and News Corp on Saturday indicate Mr Furnival is in fact the co-owner of the company, through a parent company, Strategic Issues Management, which he owns with his wife Tracey Cain.
    Ms King said the reports demanded "an immediate explanation".
    "The prime minister needs to clarify whether he believes there has been a prima facie breach of the Statement of Ministerial Standards by Senator Nash and clarify his office's role in the employment of Senator Nash's former chief of staff," she said.

another think-tank with too much power and little accountability. Maybe next time when I go to vote I will
    ask each political party to see all its backers- so then I can make a more wiser decision of who I vote for.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/s...rash-1.1512560
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 15-02-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

Will we now have a Royal Commission (RC) into parliamentary appointments? maybe Peta Credlin should resign too.
    Many moons ago the National crime Authoirty was formed so that we would not need to have RCs, it got replaced by the 'new improved' Australia Crime Commission. It already has computers and knowledge and if given more funding would easily cope with what the RC is supposed to do. The big problem is that like the last witch hunt it will identify some of the wrong targets!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information