1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal Election 2013

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Default Federal Election 2013

Yawn.

Somebody should have reminded me it was election year this where remenants of our society and western
    culture democrartic system going back to the ancient greeks, persians and romans who gets to run a country by a particluar
    ethos and guided by a doctrine or manifesto gets to steer the country in the direction of their political party.
    Non bull**** speech- who gets to 'run' the country. Hopefully we will not have another hung parliament but
    then again hung pariliaments have their advantages. Hopefully most of the forumers will be living in
    marginal seats where they will be showed with gifts, promises, infrastucture jobs blah, blah, blah....

So who's gonna win and why or why you could not be bothered
    voting or doing the donkey vote-

So in the poltical boxing ring its

Kevin Rudd (Labour) Green coalition

vs

Tony Abbott (Liberal) National Coalition.

( I should re-run the poll considered Gillard had to resign). Will sort out as always.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 29-06-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Ride
    Communist Red badged

Default Re: Federal Election 2013

Donkey vote..... either way we end up with an ass in charge...............

local council elections had enough choices to write "W A S T E - O F - T I M E" in all the choice boxes...... Mind you it's the first time in 11 years I didn't get a "failure to vote" letter despite previous ones being sent at the same time as my other half
    94 ED Fairmont...... EL 15x7alloys with 225's on the rear, 205's on front. Transmission cooler for towing, tinted windows
    2006 Territory..... the family cruiser......

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

its still possible for labour to win.they just wont have labour on their how to vote.

plenty of donkey votes to get them over the line

my great aunt next door told me she wouldnt vote liberal because they cant offer services to the elderly.
    she also said that gillard looked after the pensioners by increasing her income,rebuilding her house and she being told that she may have to pay next year to go shopping and visit the doctors since the liberals got in in nsw..............????????

she doesnt understand as most people i talk to that you vote for a local not the PM.
    P/S im just south of oakshot--and he might get back in.

green might get back in the south.
    Last edited by Davehoos; 18-04-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Davehoos View Post
    its still possible for labour to win.they just wont have labour on their how to vote.

plenty of donkey votes to get them over the line

my great aunt next door told me she wouldnt vote liberal because they cant offer services to the elderly.
    she also said that gillard looked after the pensioners by increasing her income,rebuilding her house and she being told that she may have to pay next year to go shopping and visit the doctors since the liberals got in in nsw..............????????

she doesnt understand as most people i talk to that you vote for a local not the PM.
    P/S im just south of oakshot--and he might get back in.

green might get back in the south.

I have noticed both Liberal and Labour scaremonger (for those who don't study politics) and its seems to work...
    As you know most people don't get time to look at policies and portfolios and make a educated statement
    on policies for the elderly (or any other subject we care to mention) and neither side could provide if the money is not there...Either side is proposing budget cuts and austerity measures but should look at the EU and see what
    happens when austerity goes too far. Mr Monte the Italian PM now thinks the Euro is not worth saving..another story.
    Cutting frontline services and not trimming the fat evenly could lead to many problems- ie- your public service cuts..

I hear Australia has a 12 billion dollar black hole. Looks like all the doom and gloom has worn off a bit...
    Wonder when this news will start to effect commodities, property prices, banks and the overpriced Australian dollar...
    Australia may be in recession by next year. Interest rate cut or no cut...GONESKI...

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/r.../2013011658802
    http://www.smh.com.au/business/reces...127-2a4jy.html
    The US was given a warning on property prices back in 2006.,,,
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 30-04-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Ride
    Communist Red badged

For anyone who needs a laugh,

http://www.honisoit.com/2013/04/the-...ting-plummets/

Federal Labor reached a new low in the polls this week with the unmarried, female, atheist, red-haired immigrant Prime Minister’s approval rating dropping almost 10 percentage points after it was announced she had successfully developed a cure for cancer. Pundits have suggested this slump is most likely a result of the highly successful scare campaign run by the Opposition, highlighting the flaws of such a move.

When questioned at a press conference as to whether she saw any meaning in this slump, Ms Gillard responded: “F#ck them. ***** the lot of them. They deserve Abbott, those f#cking hyper-critical sheep. I mean seriously, he hasn’t even got a platform to run on; all he’s done is criticise every single f#cking move we make and then failed to meet us halfway when we try to actually govern the country for you f#ckwits. I give up. Enjoy your dial-up internet and corporate overlords. I’m moving to New Zealand.” Gillard’s press team later issued a correction to this statement, clarifying Ms Gillard had actually mean to say, “No”.

Liberal Party members were quick to criticise this outburst by the Prime Minister, pointing out that they had in fact already developed their own alternate plan for curing cancer, utilising an existing radiotherapy technique that is fractionally faster and only has a failure rate in the mid-range double digits. Shadow Health Minister Peter Dutton prepared a speech to be read by more popular party member Malcom Turnbull, but was stopped at the door by spin doctors who were concerned it might actually look like a policy.

Broadcaster and philosopher Alan Jones used his radio program to raise the concern that curing cancer was little more than a jaded attempt by Federal Labor to reduce the ratio of staff to patients in public hospitals. “They’re just trying to run away from their commitment to increase the number of beds and doctors in public healthcare. Typical Julia at it again,” said Jones, somewhere in the middle of a two hour rant detailing the excessive lint on his socks and the high price of roasted chestnuts.

Nationals spokesman Barnaby Joyce unleashed a particularly virulent attack on Labor’s new plan to cure all cancer, stating, “It just doesn’t apply to the common person on the street, does it? I’m sick of the Labor party overlooking real, everyday problems like stopping those bastard asylum seekers from fleeing war-torn dictatorships, and instead pandering to fringe issues like cancer. I’ve never even known anyone who’s had cancer, but I sure as hell run into asylum seekers on a daily basis, and this has got to stop!”

When stopped in the street for comment, average bricklayer Joe Citizen, “Well, at first I thought curing cancer was a good policy, but Turnbull just seemed so sure that this was a ridiculous plan that just pushes us further into debt. I mean he wouldn’t have had Tony standing next to him nodding so assuredly if they weren’t right, eh? And God knows I haven’t got the free time needed to actually look into the merits of the policies of the people who govern our country, so I guess I’ll just take their word for it.”

Major pharmaceutical companies have also played a key role in the success of the Liberal’s smear campaign, running a series of ads depicting the average, working doctors who will be affected by this policy, played by a number of paid actors standing in farmland, wearing Akubras. Pfitzer spokesman and part-time boogeyman John Watkins explained, “Well, it just worked so well for the mining companies, and no one even noticed that miners don’t actually walk around farmland all day wearing Akubras, so we figured we’d give it a go too. These days people’ll swallow any old drivel as long as it’s on TV, just look at The Project!” The campaign has been highly successful.

The Liberal Party is expected to launch their new advertising campaign, “Stop the boats, not the cancer” early next week, in time for Labor’s next leadership spill.

(Tony Abbott was approached for comment in relation to this piece, but was unavailable due to a prior commitment of laughing maniacally at the gullibility of the average voter.)
    94 ED Fairmont...... EL 15x7alloys with 225's on the rear, 205's on front. Transmission cooler for towing, tinted windows

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

^^^^^^^ I like this one.

Just the way political parties treat the electorate.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Its game of thrones stuff today. Long live Rudd down with Gillllllard...They say a week
    is a long time in politics well a day can be a eternity as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItDvODMby6E

Some right wing union heavies were insulted with Gillards poor treatment to auto workers and her
    lazzaifairre attitude of jobs of all types white and blue collar leaving our shores in such succession...
    something had to be done.

Gillard was too aloof and self righteous. The left had grown too powerful and was ignoring
    the public opinion on things in the name of pretentious policies. Rudd was more of a people person...
    and knows the world 'centrist' in choosing policies that help the national interest instead of
    destroying it.

Rudd also drives a Aussie car unlike Dr No also if he only ditch the carbon tax he could still win the election.
    As when you look at 'Dr No' policies thats all he's got- the carbon tax. Also if Labor did a scare campaign
    that the Liberals plan to increase the GST....and bring back work choices...

This election ain't over yet...thinking that I was going to vote 'Dr No' Abbott and Gillard
    being sooooo stuck up.. I think the electorate will now have to re-assess things.

http://www.news.com.au/national-news...-1226645796211
    Rumours im hearing the Liberals want to go from 10% to 17%. One way to kill the economy Tony...
    people have little money to spend the way it is...the US is headed out of recession and were
    headed right into one thanks to his future policies. They remind me of Tony Cameron in the UK
    and the permanent mess the doomed EU is in with dreaded austerity...

The coalition will divert election resources from the vacant seats of Tony Windsor and Rob Oakeshott and increase focus on winning marginal seats in Sydney and Melbourne to fight a much "tighter" election against Kevin Rudd.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...#ixzz2XK5OUIHC

Quote-
    The coalition will divert election resources from the vacant seats of Tony Windsor and Rob Oakeshott and increase focus on winning marginal seats in Sydney and Melbourne to fight a much "tighter" election against Kevin Rudd.

The cocky Liberals are nervous. If Tony makes a mistake Turnbull will stab him in the back.
    I suggest Labor sends re-inforcements to counter the rabid predictable offensive waged by Gen. Abbott..

Mr Abbott today defeated the party's incumbent leader, Malcolm Turnbull, in a close 42-to-41 partyroom vote after the Opposition suffered a week of in-fighting over climate change policy.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz2XPtZE0Yv
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 27-06-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Do the Liberals support Australian jobs going overseas? The answer must be yes.
    Boat people they hate but people wanting to take
    jobs from aussies who are not better than them- get work.
    Something is amiss here...

Quote-
    Good public policy isn't made on the run. Yet, the Gillard Labor government is desperately pushing the 457 visa reforms in its final week of parliament before the election. This is after weeks of scrambling to put together a legislative package to address its concern that the visa scheme is riddled with rorts. It appears this is a vote-winner: Labor's internal polling suggests Australians in key marginal seats don't want overseas workers taking their jobs.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/comment/squ...#ixzz2XOSAdStQ

Our IT industry should be reminded it is the most outsourced industry
    in Australia. With all the cybersecurity scares you think the idiots
    would work out a weak link here. Taking overseas
    workers is fine if no local workers can be found. Its often
    done not because they are more skilled but can be paid less.

You want sarcasm Pitchy you've got it..

Remember how Gary Kasparov was beaten by a supercomputer?
    Now that power can be yours- at a fraction of the price...
    Try a new program call CEO.exe. It costs about
    10 grand of supercomputer but it replaces all overpaid CEOs in
    your company. Shareholders will be happy they can save
    10's of millions each year on corporate fatcats escaping the
    ATO and others in Cayman and Swiss bank accounts...
    No more expensive homes,cars or yachts or trophy wives but
    all this computer needs a power supply load the AI
    and instant predictable managing director- no whinging, no *****ing
    no temper tantrums just at work 24/7 no expensive holidays either.
    I also guaranntee this computer won't engage in any skillduggery or insider
    trading or get a fat bonus when he/she leaves the company
    even if its running at a loss...In the spirit of capitalism & competition
    in sure Kraken offers a similary priced unit. Try both
    and choose but save millions. The bottom line will thank
    you for it...

Call within the next 20 minutes and we will also sell you 10 good
    tips in conning suckers out of millions in a cunning business
    scheme that escapes most laws and is completely global. Why
    wait call now. We take stolen credit cards, human collateral, dirty money,
    sort of dirty money, ill gotten gain, some blood and if you
    have a soul to sell we always are listening...

1800- SCREW-YOU
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 27-06-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Ride
    Communist Red badged

I figured that "CEO.exe" would only be available from online, not phone order....

especially as Malcome Turnball "vitually invented the internet" (http://www.theage.com.au/technology/...628-2p1xy.html) in Australia......

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
    I figured that "CEO.exe" would only be available from online, not phone order....

especially as Malcome Turnball "vitually invented the internet" (http://www.theage.com.au/technology/...628-2p1xy.html) in Australia......
    Yes some politicians let their egos go to town don't they. But to be fair to both sides (excluding the extreme right of the Liberals and
    the extreme left of Labor) Al Gore said he invented it. For those following our cyber warfare post we know the
    United States Air Force ( and not Al Gore either) created SAGE which led to ARPANET which then evolved into the INTERNET
    which we take for granted as our premium communications medium in the 21st century.

Julie Bishop wants to stop the boats by towing them back to Indonesia. I never thought 'blonde' was allowable in a portfolio.
    She seriously needs to consult her international law of the sea and UN laws reguarding this as ****head moves like
    this could lead to a international incident with Indonesia- afterall we nearly got into a shooting war with East Timor
    in 1999 (for those who remember Borneo in the 60's)- cooler heads prevailed on both sides. We should respect Indonesia
    but at the same time remind them that the illegal boat trade hurts foreign relations and is a potential recipe for destabilisation
    as well in their own country- if they can smuggle people who knows what else goes South as well.... Though as some people
    may think the biggest number of illegal immigrants are from our airports who overstay their visa and lets no forget
    the illegals who work in some businesses especially in Sydney and to a lesser extent Melbourne. There was a big bust from
    S.A recently actually. Some also get a plane ticket and dissapear into the community as well. The boats are a visible problem
    to poke at on TV but those who remember the end of the Vietnam War will realise the issue is complex and has positive and negatives on both sides.

Can you imagine Julie Bishop running foreign affairs? God help us. I wonder what the Australian Navy thinks as well about her new 'laws of the sea'...harvesting xenophobia perhaps? The Liberal party is sounding allot like the froot loop
    Tea Party in the US and the damage its doing to the Republicans over there is immense... It used to be like
    Eisenhower and the American version of the 'fair go' but its more like John Boehner version of 'screw-you'.

"The Indonesian government won't be supportive of that policy, the senior expert sources available to us told us that and there were also serious concerns expressed by the defence force," he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...aris-aristotle

Ha ha you'd have to PM me about CEO.exe. I was sold out in less than 20 minutes as the illegal immigrants
    I employed to build, load the os and of course check it all works got busted last night- customs !!!

http://www.news.com.au/national-news...-1226671337940
    Tony Abbott did not get the nickname 'Punchy' for nothing...

They say Gillard has a skeleton or two look up Miss Bishop dirt as a lawyer...

###

I was reading the newspapers and I saw some Gillard supporters whinging she got the chop. Weather she was man
    or woman she was unpopular with the electorate. Polls rarely lie and she had personality issues as well more so
    than Rudd. I hate both chauvinism and feminism (I demean both) equally and a man and women complement each other not
    prove one is better than the other- so there. I have both male and female role models. Perhaps they should concerntrate
    on how Abbott would return women to the dark ages of true subservience. Best person for the job as I say and I don't care
    if a one-winged Lebanese Irish talking duck wins the election if that duck can do a better job than a man or women that ducks
    got my vote. Unfortunately we have no ET's as members of parliament as im sure they'd blast you both. If you have problems
    with understanding men or women I suggest you consult professional help.

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4776220.html
    Correct Gillard was a idealogue like Abbott and was a major reason...too polarising...less ideology more on policy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRWyhmwCTy4
    Yes is'nt it cute. Wow we can all learn from the duck....or maybe some of us were unloved children
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 30-06-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

people should--first take little notice of what occurs in media or social media thought bubbles.
    If you did then why isn't the green movement 30% of pollies....ive been hearing of the coming of green since I grew a beard.
    Australia is a right leaning socialist.not mindless lefties.

doesn't matter what I hear locally as Im in a liberal swing seat and oakshots replacement up north will have to prove themselves.
    this would be the first year that the labour hasn't been knocking to give us an alternative--its the senate that KEV has done this for--and I cant see stability at the election.

sick of hearing about NBN-how we need it-the gov subsidising a local provider that now no longer has to give good service--my plan no longer has offpeak rates------sick of hearing UNLIMITED BROADBAND and WEB TV fatasy stuff .I just hope to get back my free to air with local news soon after labour took my TV and sold it,.my antenea $750 is great giving me northern teritory TV.like my $1200 pink bats that don't meet building codes.

I have a new neighbour-has bought his dream house that he looked at for years,the amount he getting to roll out the cable into richer parts of down south.cant see this continue--after my mates payed of his house.......my younger brother is almost retired after gold plating electric network---but it was a requirement to reduce emisions that the waisted this cash.

super increase no no no no no,tax system change certanty yes yes yes..shuffling paper no no no.

ROBs seat the area is in deep doodoo-if the mines go bum up as predicted you have to build wider roads to transport enough pork to keep the locals in third world conditions.-the talk is the money porked to them already for needed stuff is unspent as they have no means to build stuff and this is expected to be handed back--soon and like school halls and pink bats----its already spent keeping the lights on.
    watch for local government changes,and the rush to keep the wolves out of the accounts books.

fast train--it runs past my home using private land purchased by city folk.and old transport routes-5 services a day in 2050.talk about designed to fail.
    how about a real plan to operate container terminals,trains and trucks.

road building--large numbers of trucks transporting dirt long distance because mining resources are locked up.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

fast train--it runs past my home using private land purchased by city folk.and old transport routes-5 services a day in 2050.

Well we'll both be dead by then and most on the forum will be cranky old fogies. Got to love those spin doctors. They must really think the public have small brains. If I was their boss they'd be reading the employment notices..

Rudd made mistakes but he had some bad advisors back then. Abbott also has some seriously bad advice as well as we can see.
    The game is more than open- so is this election. The next two weeks will be critical. Hopefully labor won't parachute a popular and
    charismatic person (or even better a popular local I suggest considering what happened in NT) who can articulate better than Oakshot (who was not too bad but as we know too close to Gillard) and get the seat. I think the Nationals would take the seat for granted like they think for allot of country seats.

Lucky bugger being in a marginal seat. Mine is practicaly set in concrete.

As for the NBN it should be cut back. 5-20 mb/s sustained not 100-300mbs+ should be the ballpark.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...629-2p3p3.html
    The guy who lost his own seat because he would not give it to his deputy (and gave Kevin a landslide) refuses go to into the background like Gillard. Howard was a divisive conservative hardliner some Liberals wets find repulsive... only proves Tony is
    a hardliner as well not a moderate.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 29-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

I did the bulladelah motorway bypass opening last Saturday,polly free zone.the local councillor represented the mayor.
    took the young bloke for a city bus ride and guided tour and jumping castle..
    bus ride-talks-stickers and free lollies--$4 coffee and lions club steaks.
    did the same during Karuah construction.

hard to sell the bypass as a positive for an election point.people look down the pacific-number 1 now M1 and think about all the cash waisted.
    people in the bush have long memories and remember 30 years of promises and short term gains.each failed assistance plan.

hard to find a pollie replacement that can push a promise without putting a foot in it.the locals at this moment couldn't give a rats about nbn or gonski.
    all kev needs to do is mail out cheques again.

the average age is 53 from memory and 60% of working incomes are from old codger support and government handouts.the upset that there income had been destroyed by greenies and flybynights and now community assets are being removed from community groups and redristrubuted-.monthly accounts entered into the local government system so they can can justify grants from state and fedral government.the grants are need to build assets to get grants.

IT-in my workshop we have ledgers going back to 1960's that list infrastructure-since paying heeps and computerising the morons now cant understand why they cant find who is paying water raters for a hall with a water tank.or why a fire station shed has no garbage bins.pre computerisation people survived.

P/s
    I grew up in lyne-national party-with a member that you could talk to.he handed over to his daughter when I was working away.I didn't know of oakshot till recently as my new job local government straddles this region.I have friends that are old party faithfull--old school CNP.this seat is mostly left as farmers have been ruined.

my education was at a mixed school with military right--agricultural socialist right and indoctronated educated left.

my working life previously was in Newcastle--and I could not understand the left forever mindset.when all is falling its someones fault.

look at Newcastle today with only a few months of returning to the outside world.never seen it so positive.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Buck buck buck Chicken

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...630-2p4w9.html
    Abbott chickens out on a economic debate with Rudd. I thought the Liberals were 'grown ups'. Pack of sloganeers and useful idiots.
    The Liberal party claims to represent the big end of town and its economic prowess. What failures they turn out being in opposition...

A picture says 1000 words. Would you trust the man to lead our country while he still is in opposition with no track record?

Quote-
    Tony Abbott has ducked a challenge to debate Kevin Rudd on the economy.
    Asked on Network Ten whether he would accept the prime minister's offer to debate him next week at the National Press Club, Mr Abbott said it was more important that Mr Rudd name the election date.
    Asked whether he was too scared to debate Mr Rudd he said he debated Mr Rudd every day.
    “I mean, Mr Rudd can recall Parliament if he wishes to have a debate. As soon as he names the election date, then the election debate will be in full swing,” he said.

Mr Rudd said Friday he wanted “an open public debate on the question, to start off with, of debt and deficit”.
    “Let's have it fully and out in the open at the National Press Club,” he said. “Sometime next week, sometime the following week but let's actually have a debate about the facts.”

(my insignificant commentary)
    There are two types of facts-

Subjective: relating to or determined by the mind as the subject of experience; characteristic of or belonging to reality as perceived rather than as independent of mind; phenomenal; arising out of or identified by means of one’s awareness.

Objective: existing independent of mind; belonging to the sensible world and being observable or verifiable especially by scientific methods; expressing or involving the use of facts; derived from sense perception.

Facts are often subjective truth is between Tony. The global banking system backs Rudd more than the extremist Abbott anyway..
    High school economics teaches more than debt and deficit but also 'return on investment'....small brain, Tony ...small brain...
    He should spend more time in the Parliament Library than the gym. Im sure Malcolm Turnbull is quietly grinning....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-1...omment/4639972
    Well this is a interesting investigation.

http://www.independentaustralia.net/...us-politician/
    I agree with Malcolm Fraser. He was a sensible and educated man back when Australia was a great country to live in.
    The Liberals and Labor are both to blame for the 'decline'. Our standards of living have dropped since then.
    He is a wet Liberal like me and he does not want a man with 'dangerous' ideas no where near a policy he can see...
    Considering some Labor right was willing to vote for Abbott out of desperation and now some Liberals may reconsider...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-sKeIKZJdcA

Quote-
    Fraser: [He’s] unpredictable. He says what jumps into his mind. Let me give an example. When farmers were complaining about miners searching for coal or for gas on farms, he spoke almost as though he did not understand that under British law, Australian law, the Crown owns the minerals and the wealth under the ground and if a mining company can get a right to mine or investigate over your farm then that has always been in a sense too bad for the farmer.

A farmers revolt perhaps. Coal Seam gas not on my ****ing property- follow the laws of the land sonny jim. Over my dead body.
    Food is more important than coal. You cannot eat coal. Afterall if the mining tax was very profitable it would be a windfall but
    it is'nt- Australian miners are not that profitable. Look at the gold boom+bust and see how the mining interests ruined a good opportunity. You are right about the 'old' National party used to be the party of the farmer now is the godmonsters of agribusiness and big mining interests who are owned more by hedge funds. They screwed over the little farmer years ago. I hope God or the devil (even better) punishes them as my rage is nearly unprintable...and the children suffering from heavy metals poisoning and high rates of asthma near some mines. Don't worry nothing too see here move along....and also the poisoning of the water tables and priceless arable land...

The mining boom is dying due to overpriced Australian commodities. The Chinese are clever and are looking elsewhere such as Africa
    and South America. They want to make themselves richer not Gina Rinehardt...hope Australia has more than mining to back it up...

The blood and guts of this country is farming and small business not the mines which have always been boom+bust.

Quote-
    Meanwhile, Opposition treasury spokesman Joe Hockey has joked that he should have drowned Mr Rudd when they walked the Kokoda Track together in 2006.

Its only a election Joe don't get too excited. This is not North Korea- yet. The election public has not yet linked Kim Jong Un
    with Tony Abbott and startling personality similarities...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_and_bust
    Economics 101 Tony- The problem and planning for booms and busts. Its good to plan for a rainy day. Farmers have
    done it for...years. Many have fallen. Our forum quitely salutes the farmers who have been abandoned by both parties...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nati...-1226639697386
    One of my favorite seafood resteraunts closed down- pay rises are great if the company can afford them...and anyway
    financial pain should be shared equally as well- from boss down to waiter if they are well managed...

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4717262.html
    Know your enemy- its sometimes from within. These nazi free-marketers endangering national security. Its obvious
    it is. Anyways who are the donors to the Institute of Public Affairs- they are not published officially- probably
    foreign donors trying to subvert the nation. Don't worry I, will look into it personally. Would'nt want their
    business interests hurt would they. They playing with forces their little free-market minds don't understand.
    Me, me, me no I go before the nation before my petty 'self interests' anyone who does'nt- deserve scrutiny.
    The more hidden it is (their donors lists)- deserves more. I will get 'help' don't worry. Treason and subversion is hidden
    in so many ways...and made to look like freedom when its actually the opposite. Im sure Germany or
    America would react in the same way if somebody did not realise manufacturing great importance
    and anyone who don't they don't support the national interests- only their bottom line. When you think
    of the 'community' aspects such ideas are dangerous and should expose to light of day. This group
    must be fundamentalists like those Tea-Party idiots America- who want a complete free-market 0 tax
    regime. Sorry not in a real democracy- it would not survive.Yes the more names you call us the more you expose
    yourself and how you'd rather burn the flag than salute it. Go fly to another country and spread your filth elsewhere...
    I hope they treat you the same way- or worse.

http://www.ipa.org.au/news/2863/tea-...ivil-liberties
    Ron Paul and ilk are laughing stocks and under 'close' watch in the US. Their ideas are dangerous to say the least.
    Do the Paul's support terrorist groups getting the upper hand so the NSA can back off? Get real you crazy loons.
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/12...a-police-state

Quote-
    The Republican attorney general, who is looking at a race for governor next year, told a group in Waco that an organization formed by former Obama campaign operatives called Battleground Texas is a threat that Texans must resist. He said North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un is less dangerous than the Democrats.

trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2013/04/attorney-general-greg-abbott-says-whos-more-dangerous-than-kim-jong-un-democrats.html/

Its called mental illness. Nurse, nurse!!! He needs his head examined. The Republicans are the loons on overdrive.
    Sadly the rich and powerful and the weak and insignificant also suffer the same problems. They can hardly be called
    a moderate voice any more. Eisenhower is turning in his grave. He can join me and visit the 38th Parrallel
    and swallow his ****in pride that civillian sob. Dearly departed Texan Gen. Walton would $#@$%$ in he had
    that type of personality too. Wake up.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 05-07-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

The problem with 'dual use' its exactly that. It has a 'civillian use' but also has a 'military' one.
    Why having Chinese made network software/hardware does not suit Australias national security protocols and
    also the 'agreements' we have made with other countries. The Liberal party is treading on fine
    ice considering in the US both parties want nothing to do with the company or any of its
    'tentacles'. Talk about compromising a network before its built but I suppose Malcolm
    Turnbull invented the internet as well. It really makes Australia look like a 'easy target'
    compared with security protocols even in Eastern Europe on how seriously they take
    computer network hardware fitting NATO's rules to the T, especially after the destruction
    caused in Estonia and Georgia... no ifs or buts either...

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/china/...ne/unresw1.htm

What happened to Joel Fitzgibbon has happened to Malcolm Turnbull. I hope no money or bribes were involved.
    He should know better. Taking cut price specials in national security is a receipe for disaster. Cyber Warfare is
    a clear and present danger to the Wests national security more so than even physcial terrorism.
    I hope he reads the book 'Unrestricted Warfare' made by two hawkish Chinese PLA Colonels.

http://www.afr.com/p/national/huawei...vg6bMYqmPbtqLK

Quote-
    The former head of the US Central *Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency, Michael Hayden, believes Chinese telecommunications manufacturer Huawei Technologies is a significant security threat to Australia and the US, has spied for the Chinese government, and intelligence agencies have hard evidence of its activities.

The retired four-star general told The Australian Financial Review it was his “professional judgment” that *Huawei supplied sensitive intelligence to *Chinese officials, an assessment that backs up the federal government’s decision in 2011 to ban it from helping build the national broadband network. *

Critics said the move was an over*reaction that hurt relations with China. (thats the Chinese Communist Parties think tanks money talking...Menzies is turning in his grave.)

General Hayden said Western intelligence agencies had information about Huawei’s clandestine activities and it had, at a minimum, “shared with the Chinese state intimate and extensive knowledge of the foreign telecommunications systems it is involved with,” he said. “I think that goes without saying – it’s one reality,” he said.

Huawei has funded more trips to China by federal politicians – mostly Coalition MPs – than any other Chinese company, according to the parliamentary pecuniary interests register.

The Coalition’s communications spokesman, Malcolm *Turnbull, and deputy leader, Julie Bishop, have said they would revisit the NBN decision if the Coalition won government.

General Hayden, in his most extensive interview since he left the CIA, said the security risks of hiring Huawei were too great for governments.

“It’s simply not acceptable for *Huawei to be creating the backbone of the domestic telecommunications network, period,” he said.

“Frankly, this is where I think the state has a role to play – to ensure we don’t make decisions that compromise the foundations of our national security.”

Notice a while back for our military folks out there showing how politicians make 'easy' targets. Fitzgibbon was caught last time now Turnbull- shame...politicians can be bribed or coerced....
    As for Labor I seriously hope they fix up the CGT on Australian made cars being exempt....
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 19-07-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

I know that Malcolm Turnbull likes to think he knows the internet but I well remember when his company bought out a lot of the smaller ISP's to make his lot work out. The problem is that it is changing now to something he has only a basic grasp on. So many people equate financial accumen with expertise that it is all ajoke these days, I am a tech in this industry and will readily admit I don't know all of it.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

Election--Newcastle--I walked into the dealer through a crowd of blue shirts and the discussion was-tell us the real story of the FBT business-mining tax and carbon tax-I was not served straight away and the crowd moved into the street--as I left the returning crowd was not a happy group.

I drove into Newcastle today.to pick up a Pan and oil for a FG auto.no discounts offered for the parts....$45 a liter for oil.other wise Ide have to wait till Tuesday/Wed.

the morrons been out painting the roads green and spending bucket loads on traffic barriers and signs up on the road side to advertise the route number system--how nice X suburbs are to live signs etc--all up a bodge job to keep people moving.I made a mistake taking in to wickhan and mayfeild the ranger with a trailer.

talked to my former employer-I rang him a few times to order parts and had no answer.
    The story is in Newcastle its so bad that they been going home after the mornings customers have gone.

we talked for a few minutes of the dozens of employers that are closing up and all the high payed jobs just being ended-the tender center at the end of the street is booming with liquidation stock...the difference this time compared to 80's-90's is they are paying all their bills without being chased.

If anyone wants a cheep panel beater or a factory now is the time.

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

There is certainly some harsh reality out there, where I am there are heaps of empty shops up town; mainly because a nearby tourist haven presents easier pickings for most businesses. Friends and I have been talking about what could be done but the local council seems more interested in slashing budgets and despotism than actually encouraging growth.
    I can't complain however, I managed to stroll into a town with fairly poor employment and get casual work at least.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

The 'Iranian' issue is of interest to Indonesians. They bring 'problems'. I once met Redright met a elderly
    Iranian man In Canberra and he thought I was 'special' or something. He ranted about life in a new country
    and in the old country when the Shah was there not the Iotollahs of the world. Now that being said
    I was prepared to take him for face value and as you'd imagine not pursue any investigation into
    whos, whats and whys. But It brings a important point to our region...

As for the Refugee issue every immigrant who has waited years in Camps overseas and don't have wads of
    cash, jewellery or blood money can hop onto a boat. Sending them to PNG should upset their plans.
    They recently burnt down a camp and trashed the place well there is a plane home as acting that
    way in the community may be seen as contrary to common law...
    Its even more 'hardline' than Abbotts policy so in chess he's been checkmated on the issue.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-pol...719-2q9fa.html

As for the 'economy' I think we know we are all in a GFC and my business despite 'recent' investment
    is not like the heyday in the late 90's when cash was flying in all directions...I know the feeling
    Davehoos...

Turnbull is grinning like a Cheshire cat. Is the Coalition in leadership trouble of its own?
    http://www.theage.com.au/federal-pol...719-2q8t9.html
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 20-07-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

had birthday party last night-dad 75.

family members all gathered,

my brother is working in electrical construction.
    has three kids-one is at uni,number 2 has thrown in uni position and took up aprentiship electricion and thrown in that job.
    because he gets $50+ hour for odd jobs with labour hire-with election and financial year all prime jobs have stopped.so he on holiday--at $2200 a week for the last year he having a gap year to reduce his tax--find an aprentiship or training package--he allready has fininhed his tech courses.

-no position available for those that don't qualify for government assistance--that's the labour way..--but hes been offered a job at $59-hr at new LNG storage site my brothers just tendered to--and is union controlled--union organised--and all workers are to be payed at the same rate.

he was shocked as the local paper has reported that this project was cancelled..but and before the supreme court.he would have thought that someone would have contacted him...........the labour way.

GFC---I was told off last night because we arnt in recession.my sister said she was looking for an admin job with local government-but there wasn't any $100K positions till after the election.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Davehoos View Post
    had birthday party last night-dad 75.

family members all gathered,

my brother is working in electrical construction.
    has three kids-one is at uni,number 2 has thrown in uni position and took up aprentiship electricion and thrown in that job.
    because he gets $50+ hour for odd jobs with labour hire-with election and financial year all prime jobs have stopped.so he on holiday--at $2200 a week for the last year he having a gap year to reduce his tax--find an aprentiship or training package--he allready has fininhed his tech courses.

-no position available for those that don't qualify for government assistance--that's the labour way..--but hes been offered a job at $59-hr at new LNG storage site my brothers just tendered to--and is union controlled--union organised--and all workers are to be payed at the same rate.

he was shocked as the local paper has reported that this project was cancelled..but and before the supreme court.he would have thought that someone would have contacted him...........the labour way.

GFC---I was told off last night because we arnt in recession.my sister said she was looking for an admin job with local government-but there wasn't any $100K positions till after the election.
    Liberal or Labor is both the same. If you don't know somebody there or can influence somebody elses decisions they won't pay attention to you. Breaking contracts and political skullduggery is the same in any country- or worse in others.Then you have the extreme parties like the Nationals or the Greens who you don't want anywhere near public office. So we sadly have to put up with what we've got as the old saying goes we get the politicians we deserve. When a politician does not serve his constituents and less on interest groups and lobbyists they would discover the dark side of politics like Ted Mack did. I can see why the federal indepedants left office.

100k for my job? I wish. Somebody has allot of money for local councils. That should be a 40k job with the rest going back to roads+services. There is some corporate fatcats as well as political somebodies who do ask for more than they actually give...Australia has big problems with inflation and being forced to buy oil at the Tapis price (Singapore)
    instead of buying in USD. The Tapis price seems to flutacte more than the base crude price. But thats a political decision Canberra has to decide for itself. One that gets little mention in the media either. If you ask a Indonesian
    or Malaysian what they think of 'Singapore' that would call them the 'sneaky Swiss' of the Pacific and with all that
    inplies I'll let you work out..they may be a small country but they manipulate much...

Well if IT continues to decline Im seriously thinking up packing up shop and going elsewhere to 'friendly'
    countries as I think Australia is already in recession. All this talk of 'job losses' 'cuts' and 'loss of revenue' point
    to the obvious...the US and UK are recruiting big...if admin workers get paid more than engineers Australias
    tech sector will be non-existent by 2020.

Your sister should not get excited about a job that does not exist yet or may be culled- till after the election.
    A cheap political stunt that like a IOU you can tear up if necesary- election promise... Afterall you cannot
    feel guilty for not hiring somebody if you did not have the money in the first place...or was 're-diverted elsewhere...
    Liberal or Labor who cares it always bad economic times that show real leadership than in good times..
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 21-07-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

Why does everything have to stop just because there is an election coming up -is everyone waiting to see if their mates get in to give them a helping hand?

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    Why does everything have to stop just because there is an election coming up -is everyone waiting to see if their mates get in to give them a helping hand?
    Very funny Chinamonty. China looks after its own better than we do anyway. You don't have to stop believe me
    but personally I look who I vote for as I don't want to be responsible for a mistake in leadership. Mainland China can
    only handle one party but we have many and many different views to the table some mainstream some extreme.
    I have personally no mates in politics as interests are served not much different than Roman Times back when a Senate existed. It was quite special you could vote. I hear in China's history it was run by one dictator or another.
    As you know or have gained intel that I used to work for 'someone' a long time ago. Though in some
    jobs the term 'retirement' is considered humourous as you never really do. Pay is crap but I enjoy the
    outcomes my job brings are more importantly how they could affect others.

Id be surprised if Ughur or Tibetans could particate in conversation with the Politburo. They don't
    speak the main dialect so I assume there excluded like lepers in society. Believe me when
    my family was escaping the Nazis then the Communist - their methods are the same but
    a simple 'velvet glove' to hide what behind the fascade leaves a indelible picture.
    Don't let me dig up the Cold War on your Chinamonty....its a conversation full of interesting
    periods of Chinese history.I nearly married a Chinese girl but unfourtunately a marriage
    is also a joining of families, cultures and resources and when I did not get on with her father and
    his views of the world I discovered his daughter not to be a wise decision. Shame one of my
    best computer teachers was Taiwanese and took a different view of the world than the
    thinking of most of the Han population on the mainland.The way China threaterns Taiwan
    constantly and interferes in their politics is disgraceful it would be like Australia threaterning
    to send a squadron of F-18s to bomb Welligton NZ at a moments notice if our needs were
    not met and terrified of them becoming independant. Your politics is far uglier.

I like Chinese food and Chinese history and id be happy to debate the pros and cons and the eventual
    decline of your own country due to your own doing not unlike the Soviet Union. I think this leadership
    spill is showing the public have some say in discourse in leadership as in China had a particular
    member of the Politburo who had a rather mysterous fall from grace after the death of a British businessman.

I'll leave it there. Where not that violent in politics as you are. Checkmate. Our politics is all talk,
    a few crushed egos and most inportantly the rheortical knife in the back is not real either but hurts just as bad...
    Like I said about the Singaporeans your southern counsins are more troublesome for their
    ability to talk nicely and stab you in the back at the same time a Malayan IT man said to me.
    Malaysia always thought Singapore was a breakaway state run by a single ruling family....
    But I suppose thats politics on a international scale. I hope you sort them out before we have
    to or maybe we already have reminded them about their obligations. Or as that
    ...one cannot have two masters....verse...

Don't like voting Chinamonty get fined or make a donkey vote and let other people decide instead.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 21-07-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by chinamonty View Post
    Uncertainty, depends on which political party wins as to what policies they will implement.

Your comment rings true.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

Quote Originally Posted by ELSpeedo View Post
    Very funny Chinamonty. China looks after its own better than we do anyway. You don't have to stop believe me
    but personally I look who I vote for as I don't want to be responsible for a mistake in leadership. China can
    only handle one party but we have many and many different views to the table. I have personally no
    mates in politics as interests are served not much different than Roman Times back when a Senate existed.
    It was quite special you could vote. I hear in China's history it was run by one dictator or another.
    As you know or have gained intel that I used to work for 'someone' a long time ago. Though in some
    jobs the term 'retirement' is considered humourous as you never really do. Pay is crap but I enjoy the
    outcomes my job brings are more importantly how they could affect others.

Id be surprised if Ughur or Tibetans could particate in conversation with the Politburo. They don't
    speak the main dialect so I assume there excluded like lepers in society. Believe me when
    my family was escaping the Nazis- the term tatood on your skin was plenty of identity.
    Don't let me dig up the Cold War on your Chinamonty....its a conversation full of interesting
    periods of Chinese history.I nearly married a Chinese girl but unfourtunately a marriage
    is also a joining of families, cultures and resources and when I did not get on with her father and
    his views of the world I discovered her daughter not to be a wise decision.

I like Chinese food and Chinese history and id be happy to
    debate the pros and cons and the eventual decline of your own country due to your own doing.
    I think this leadership spill is showing the public have some say in discourse in leadership
    as in China we had a particular memeber of the Politburo who had a rather mysterous
    fall from grace after the death of a British businessman. I'll leave it there. Where not
    that violent in politics as you are. Checkmate. Our politics is all talk, a few crushed egos
    and most inportantly the rheortical knife in the back is not real either but hurts just as bad...
    Like I said about the Singaporeans your southern counsins are more troublesome for their
    ability to talk nicely and stab you in the back at the same time. But I suppose thats politics
    on a international scale.
    One of the major problems in this world is people who make assumptions. What makes you think i am Chinese? I am an Australian (OK mum was a Pom) who lived in China for five years and whilst I was there i used Chinamonty as a sign in and a skype address. Since I returned I decided to keep the moniker because I get very different answers from people by using it. You did a wise thing not going in to a Chinese family that you didn't get along with. family means everything to most Chinese.
    My question was a serious one. I work in electronics manufacturing and we see how projects and decisions are made based on what is coming up. Oh its Christmas/Chinese New Year/State Election/federal Election lets wait. More often than not these people are also the ones that say that government interferes or prevent them from doing things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information