+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fitting Tow Bar

Forum Regular
    Ride
    BFMKII Fairmont Ghia

Default Fitting Tow Bar

Hi All
    I just purchased a near new used heavy duty tow bar for my 2007 BF Falcon, the problem I have is I didn't get any instructions with it.

Fitting it seems pretty strait forward but there is a plate that came with the tow bar that I don't understand where it really go's.

So what I'm really asking here is if there is any one who might either have the instructions or knows how to fit this tow bar.
    My car already has the standard 1600Kg Ford tow bar fitted which I have already removed.

The new tow bar to be fitted is a hayman reese 2300Kg heavy duty tow bar for a BA/BF Ford Falcon Sedan petrol no gas.
    I have already contacted hayman reese and they don't and wont give out fitting instructions for there products, they told me that I had to go back to the dealer for help.

Godfrey...

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

Default Re: Fitting Tow Bar

Quote Originally Posted by mybikexjr View Post
    Hi All
    I just purchased a near new used heavy duty tow bar for my 2007 BF Falcon, the problem I have is I didn't get any instructions with it.

Fitting it seems pretty strait forward but there is a plate that came with the tow bar that I don't understand where it really go's.

So what I'm really asking here is if there is any one who might either have the instructions or knows how to fit this tow bar.
    My car already has the standard 1600Kg Ford tow bar fitted which I have already removed.

The new tow bar to be fitted is a hayman reese 2300Kg heavy duty tow bar for a BA/BF Ford Falcon Sedan petrol no gas.
    I have already contacted hayman reese and they don't and wont give out fitting instructions for there products, they told me that I had to go back to the dealer for help.

Godfrey...
    Go to a dealership and ask nicely, I'm sure they will be able to help you or you could ring ford customer srvice.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    Xg ute

G'day plate will prob go inside the boot usually where the front mount for the tow bar comes through

Jon

Forum Regular
    Ride
    BFMKII Fairmont Ghia

Quote Originally Posted by indianman View Post
    G'day plate will prob go inside the boot usually where the front mount for the tow bar comes through

Jon
    I don't think it does as this plate is identical to one that is already welded to the tow bar and that bolts to the sub-frame, I'm thinking that this plate mounts the same way but is bolted to the tow bar and sub-frame on the other side. This is a photo of the plate.
    bracket.JPG
    Last edited by mybikexjr; 06-07-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by mybikexjr View Post
    I don't think it does as this plate is identical to one that is already welded to the tow bar and that bolts to the sub-frame, I'm thinking that this plate mounts the same way but is bolted to the tow bar and sub-frame on the other side. This is a photo of the plate.
    Attachment 25852
    Did you try Werribee tow bars for fitting instructions?
    Try Pedders in Hoppers Crossing as I find them most helpful and they are a hayman reese stockist.

last suggestion is to check a few cars with towbars in car yards to get an idea.
    Last edited by PD56; 07-07-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    BFMKII Fairmont Ghia

Quote Originally Posted by PD56 View Post
    Did you try Werribee tow bars for fitting instructions?
    Try Pedders in Hoppers Crossing as I find them most helpful and they are a hayman reese stockist.

last suggestion is to check a few cars with towbars in car yards to get an idea.
    Thanks for help but I worked out where the Plate go's and the tow bar is now installed, I figured out that the plate go's on the right hand side and has to be placed on the inside the sub-frame not on the outside see pics.

LEFT SIDE.JPGREAR.JPG

Ride
    XA Coupe XY ute etc

g'day
    I noticed it was a while ago but I have done the same and bought a secoundhand towbar the same as yours. Do you have any more photos etc of when you done the job. I will have to make the brackets you show as all I got was the twobar and nothing else. As you said hayaman and reese are not interested or are dealers as I didn't buy it from them. Any futher help would be appreached regards
    sol

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by moonshinerunner View Post
    g'day
    I noticed it was a while ago but I have done the same and bought a secoundhand towbar the same as yours. Do you have any more photos etc of when you done the job. I will have to make the brackets you show as all I got was the twobar and nothing else. As you said hayaman and reese are not interested or are dealers as I didn't buy it from them. Any futher help would be appreached regards
    sol
    It would only be flat plate same thickness as the tow bar to sit on the inside of the chassis rail as this will form the clamp affect when bolting the tow bar to the rails.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    BFMKII Fairmont Ghia

Quote Originally Posted by moonshinerunner View Post
    g'day
    sol
    Here is some photos of when I fitted the tow-bar
    LEFT SIDE.JPGP6220022.JPGP6220023.JPGP6220025.JPGP6220027.JPGP6220029.JPGREAR.JPG

Ride
    XA Coupe XY ute etc

thanks for that. I can now see what I have to make before fitting it.

Ride
    To many

Guys, I got a genuine ba/bf heavy duty towbar, will it fit onto a fairlane? It's a falcon 4 door sedan...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information