+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Wall of Rust!

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Default Re: Great Wall of Rust!

Quote Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
    Go see a Doctor and get your blood pressure read before you have a heart attack!!! lol...

Who cares what people choose and buy.... that is their business not yours or mine.......
    That just means your just ignoring the critiscism- it is our business actually= foreign cars must
    meet certain standards our have their approval for sale- revoked. Its happened before...
    Chinas dodgy trade agreements are the problem. Grey market Euro and Japanese cars are far better.
    Considering tainted milk, poisoned toys with lead and getting flogged by old 60's F-4 Phantoms in
    Chinese cloned Russian Su-27s in a recent DAC. They just cannot make stuff- on their own...
    They are poor copycats and violate copyright to boot- no friend of mine.

I seen these cars and I would prefer a car with a track record and built to ANCAP standards as well.
    Does anybody remember Lada back in the 1980's....
    That steel should get analysed for what it really is slag??? I always wonder why the US was being
    forced (co-erced) to sell Chinese cars since Sept 2011. People won't go near them im sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lada
    Communism does inhibit thinking- thats probably why they have to copy everybody else.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/140460/c...-in-australia/
    Save money and death is cheaper too... 2 star ANCAP cars should not be sold. 2/5 is not a pass after all.
    Last edited by ELSpeedo; 03-02-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: I have no interest in promoting companies that violate copyright laws our country follows.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    2003/4 BA XT-T

another issue of the great wall ute why am i not surprised they are peices of other cars put together dont touch the dam things go by a Nissan, Subaru or anything else the great wall utes are ****

Ride
    One with wheels

I remember a thread on this forum about a new falcon with similar rust problems

http://www.fordaustraliaforums.com/f...light=new+rust

Last edited by GASSED250; 13-02-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Experienced Member
    Ride
    AU1 Fairmont wagon

The transport of vehicles from China must be a problem. May to November is typhoon season and November to April is cyclone season so you can reasonably expect that your vehicle from China or Japan will have experienced some rough weather on the way.
    When I lived in China I saw Great Walls that had been through typhoon floods etc and they were no better no worse than other vehicles like Tritons or Navaras. I agree they shouldn't rust but do we expect cars to last longer than people or manufacturers in the Northern hemisphere do? They should last six years or so without problems and if they don't then the manufacturer needs to do something about it whether they are Chinese, Thai or Australian.

Ride
    PX XLT Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by GASSED250 View Post
    I remember a thread on this forum about a new falcon with similar rust problems

Sshhh.... I remember those posts too, but we must not talk of these things here...after all it is a Ford we talking about not a great Wall of China...

To be honest.. I feel that chinese trucks are improving in quality.. The foton terracotta has worked quite well

Ride
    One with wheels

lol I bought a new V200 in 2013, its got over 100000km now and has been faultless
    Yeah its a little underpowered (110kw) and has a crash rating like a $70k Toyota Landcruiser ute but it just keeps going and does everything I've wanted it to do

Forum Regular
    Ride
    LTD 1971

Quote Originally Posted by GASSED250 View Post
    lol I bought a new V200 in 2013, its got over 100000km now and has been faultless
    Yeah its a little underpowered (110kw) and has a crash rating like a $70k Toyota Landcruiser ute but it just keeps going and does everything I've wanted it to do
    My brother has a 2013 V200 diesel as well, I drove it when new, not a bad 4x4 to drive for the money over the price of a crap ugly base spec Holden 4x4, sure you get more power from the Holden, but it's just a 4X4 so who cares about power as the V200 goes well, but for taking off turbo lag is just total rubbish.
    He has had problems, but no rust at all and he goes to Fraser Island a lot but problems he had were turbo clamp popped off, fuel filler neck broke, started motor buggered up as it's a crap design that lets crap from the clutch in on it, the doors lock when you drive off over 20KM/H say but that has gone spastic now and the 4x4 engage has gone spastic as well, his seat is roo ted and the steering wheel looks crappy but done over 130,000km, he never wanted to buy one but had no choice due to money and he hates the Great Wall dealers guts, as they will just turn there backs directly and not warranty at all for anything and the starter motor he had to get repaired as they had non in stock in Australia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information