+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BA Fairmont Ghia- ICC UNIT Problems. HELP!

Ride
    BA Fairmont Ghia

Default BA Fairmont Ghia- ICC UNIT Problems. HELP!

1. The screen is acting if it's in a screen-saver mode. It switches on when a button is pressed, then off after about 10 seconds. Does anyone know if this is some sort of mode that can accidentally be selected by, maybe, a combination of buttons (or holding one of them down)???
    2. CD stacker is jammed. You can hear it trying to move & eject cd's. 2 are stuck in there.

Can anyone help or pass on the details of someone who can?
    Last edited by VAZ; 27-03-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: New Member Needs Help!

Ride
    Ford BA XR6 03

Default Re: BA Fairmont Ghia- ICC UNIT Problems. HELP!

it might be one of the fuses. or if you have the patience rip off the icc check the cable plugs take em out for 20 seconds. plug all back in, then start car. see wat happens.
    posted by Jpod. I think its more "whats in the Commodore to make it so slow"...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ride
    BA Fairmont Ghia

Thanks for that... I'll try to remove the ICC. Just a little cautious... don't want to damage anything else. Do you know (in a few brief steps) which dash parts to remove and in what order to remove them? Thanks HEAPS for your reply!!

Ride
    Ford BA XR6 03

its quite easy.

Looking directly at your centre consile ( Where the drink holders should be located) ( im going from looking at my xr6 now) should be the plastic that runs up to where the Air conditioner controls are. u can remove them by a simple pull out plastic clip. Next you will see above the two middle vents is a plastic triangle unit, with a medicare card or any hard plastic card, put it in the groove and bend the card ( Not break it, and dont force it) it will eventually open up. take it off. You will see the Main bolt. You must have tools handy for this as the bolts are a complete pain in the *** . Next remove the bolts, as well as the screws that hold the tissue box holder. The next step is once all the screws are removed. Put them somewhere you wont lose them.

Alright, once thats sorted. Just Before you remove cables. Remember where you ripped them out of. they are big unit plugs. hard to damage. But just take a note of where the plug came out of. Becuase its hard to remove the icc - you need to remove the cables first.

okey dokey, wait 20 seconds. replug it all in. And just turn the car on. Now if its the original ICC unit ( Which im assuming so) When you start the car it will Flash Code for like 2 seconds. Then it will be all good to go. , if that doesent work and it still doing the problems it is.

Go to the fuse box under the steering wheel. in your car booklet that came in the glovebox should be a diagram of your fusebox. Should say i think its RADIO - Amp, just check fuses as well .

if that fails, then i think you would diagnose that the ICC is faulty.

Good luck man!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ride
    BA Fairmont Ghia

Thanks so musch... Very helpful. I'm gonna give it a try tonight.
    Cheers!!

Ride
    Ford BA XR6 03

just remember, the plastic in fords break easy. Cautious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Regular
    Ride
    1999 AU XR8

Vaz its a screen saver, the screen saver can be turned on/off by holding down the power/on/off button down untill it makes a loud beep i use this feature on my g/f's fairmont ghia all the time when night driving as fair as im aware of this feature is only avaliable on the upmarket ICC unit used in Fairmont's and Fairlanes and MK2 BF's

as for the faulty CD player..ur up for a new CD unit there pricey as well brand new from Ford are around 1500 bucks with the stacker involved..i did get told u can just pull the ICC unit out and swap cd players over

but if the ICC unit is stuffed u need a new one a 2nd hand unit wont work as its not programmed to your car..thats what i got told by Ford when i enquired about my g/f's stacker (all 6 slots dont work on my g/f's fairmont ghia we fixed that with a cheap Mp3 player and a radio transmitter.. we listen to our music thru the MP3 player and off the cars radio now)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information