+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BA MK2 XR6 Questions

Default BA MK2 XR6 Questions

Hello guys,

I recently purchased a BA MK2 XR6 and i have some questions, is there any reason my xr6 does not have the xr6 speedometer(as in xr in the revs and speed). Also how do i know if traction control is on or off, i heard it is always disabled if its lpg fitted(which it factory is). I ask that because it seems considerably hard to spin the wheels even on petrol when my old holden vy lumina done it much easier with the obvious less powerful engine. Thanks in advance for the help and nice informative forums by the way.

Default Re: BA MK2 XR6 Questions

u sure its an xr mate? do the seats have xr on them? i thought the cluster background always had xr in xr 6 n 8's 0.o maybe the previous owner just swapped them round?

yeah its an xr, the seats do have xr on them. I have peeked a look at a random same model xr6 on the street ans it didnt have the xr in the dash as well...odd?

that does seem a bit odd, have u asked the previous owner if he had to put a new cluster in? throw up a pic of the cluster

Dad drove the car to Melbourne but ill throw up a pic when i can. By any chance do you know how to get the time in the car? i cannot get the time to display on the center cponsole for the life of me and the car has no clock? this machines cursed it seems.

wouldnt have a clue sorry mate, my suggestion, duct tape a watch to the middle of the steering wheel hahaha

Ride
    03 NA XR6 Manual

Quick way to tell, Model code on the vin sticker should be 18335. Least in the BA's the sedans was this code.

18333 is XT
    18334 is Futura
    18335 is XR

Also on the drivers side in the engine bay there should be a connector below the fuse box that isn't connected to anything, think it might be under the coolant tank actually, it will be taped up to itself. This is the connector for the boost pressure sensor on the xr6t's, if yours is truly an xr it should have this connector as there are different wiring looms in the engine bay dependent on model. The other end is behind the passenger headlight near the guard.

Also your Radio should have the clock built in, should be in the top right of the screen. And if you have a standard stereo it should illuminate blue, if its green it is a not an xr one, just another way to tell.
    Last edited by Noodles; 06-03-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Added info
    BA NA XR6 Manual in Blueprint
    PH4495's, XR6T exhaust, F6 Intake + Pod, 36lb Injectors, 7kg CrMo Flywheel, XRT HD Clutch, Alloy CSC, DBA Slotted, Bendix pads.
    2x 12" Response subs, Response Splits and 6x9's, JVC head unit, 2x 4x100wrms Amps, Spaghetti jungle of wiring.

Ill check when it comes back home. It has all the bxr6 badging including the one in the front grill. Man if i purchased a dud xr6 then i dont know who desrves to be shot him or me. haha should be sweet though. Theres gotta be some explanation for this wierdness.

Can anyone tell me about this traction control business. So far through searching ive gathered that it is permanently disabled on lpg fitted falcons. I though it was enabled cause the car seems to struggle to spin the wheels even on petrol.

Ps. Thanks heaps for the quick help, great forums we got here.

Ride
    03 NA XR6 Manual

Umm, they didn't have badging in the grill..... If its a XR badge in the front grill where the ford logo is supposed to be someones been putting aftermarket stuff in it.

Is it dedicated LPG? Cause I think the XR never came out as a dedicated LPG. Was Dual fuel i think...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The 156-kilowatt (209 hp) LPG-only Barra E-Gas engine was offered as an option on lower specification models
    PH4495's, XR6T exhaust, F6 Intake + Pod, 36lb Injectors, 7kg CrMo Flywheel, XRT HD Clutch, Alloy CSC, DBA Slotted, Bendix pads.
    2x 12" Response subs, Response Splits and 6x9's, JVC head unit, 2x 4x100wrms Amps, Spaghetti jungle of wiring.

Na its duel fuel. The badge i meant is in the body kit sorry, like this.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2470/dsc01376uj.jpg

Edit: Its odd because i have now seen a few same xr6's without the xr6 dash, is it possible when people purchased them at a dealership they removed some better options to make the car cheaper?? And thanks for the responses noodles. Seem to know your stuff.
    Last edited by HappyDays; 07-03-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Ride
    03 NA XR6 Manual

Your Dash should look like this:

Well, without it saying police...

They also changed style on the BF's

So you may have a BF dash fitted

Ride
    XLT Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDays View Post
    Na its duel fuel. The badge i meant is in the body kit sorry, like this.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2470/dsc01376uj.jpg

Edit: Its odd because i have now seen a few same xr6's without the xr6 dash, is it possible when people purchased them at a dealership they removed some better options to make the car cheaper?? And thanks for the responses noodles. Seem to know your stuff.
    I don't think the XR6 badge on the grill is original, first one I've ever seen and I always thought the BA's had XR logo on the speedo tacho like the BF's and G's...
    Ford should be able to tell you through your VIN number.
    Last edited by PD56; 07-03-2011 at 09:28 PM.

My varient number is XT FAL. Which is really pissing me off right now. still doesnt explain why it has other xr features. Model number is BA04d by the way.

Ride
    03 NA XR6 Manual

Sorry to hear about it being a XT, Maybe you can get a refund of the purchase price then seeing as the vehicle was not a XR as stated? Also with the model numbers i was going from the BA Mk1 workshop manual. Obviously they have changed it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Officemanager
    I always thought the BA's had XR logo on the speedo tacho like the BF's and G's...
    Mine is genuine 03/03 XR, It has a small XR logo at the top like the BF dash, so at night it lights up, not the big XR logo in the middle
    Last edited by Noodles; 08-03-2011 at 08:17 PM.

So what some one spend a rediculous amount of money mkaing it an XR6, same engine anyway. Even the xr seats..? im just gonna go to ford, i gotta get new central locking key unit thingy, which they will no doubt charge me a mint.

Ride
    Ford BA XR6 03

Xr6 dont come with The badge on the grill thats a " Ebay supplier " or just a body shop fit. The cluster Shows XR in both dials the seats have XR according to engine. Alot of people, Dud up XT's to make cash off them. Which in its own right is nothing wrong what they are doing. You just have to go over the car with a fine comb. If your interior lights up blue when you turn the cluster lights on and if im correct. Most xt falcs didnt come with Spottys. In fact i looked at my mates Dedi LPG XT BA falcs, and it has no spottys.

In saying badge on grill the main grill you have Ford. but underneath on the front bumper the grill if its there doesent come with XR.

How much you end up spending on the Car? Coz funnily enough before i got my xr, i was shopping at this dealer and i foiled him. Funnily enough he didnt even know what the hell i was on about. The car was exact image of a Xr6, but when i askd him if i could chek the interior and turn lights on ect. i asked him why this xr had no spottys and such.

Anyway, moral is . Check carefully . Even if it looks liek a good deal.

Good luck man.
    posted by Jpod. I think its more "whats in the Commodore to make it so slow"...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ride
    Ford BA XR6 03

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDays View Post
    So what some one spend a rediculous amount of money mkaing it an XR6, same engine anyway. Even the xr seats..? im just gonna go to ford, i gotta get new central locking key unit thingy, which they will no doubt charge me a mint.
    I know im double posting im sorry admins. but happyDays man, you know you can avoid that cost and go to some select key shops. They give you a copy of your key n that. Instructions on how to Manipulate . Probably save 50 % off the price.

just an idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As long as its the same engine im sort of not fussed, although angry about not being able to spot it. I think even the person i got it off has no idea. My uncle who has been panel beating for some 30 odd years said, and i quote " i dont give a **** what the vin says everything except maybe the xr6 in the grill is original ford" and this guy noes hes stuff, like really knoes his stuff.

Anyway about those key places, can they do the electornic keys, as in the central locking unit?

As long as its the same engine im sort of not fussed, although angry about not being able to spot it. I think even the person i got it off has no idea. My uncle who has been panel beating for some 30 odd years said, and i quote " i dont give a **** what the vin says everything except maybe the xr6 in the grill is original ford" and this guy noes hes stuff, like really knoes his stuff.

Anyway about those key places, can they do the electornic keys, as in the central locking unit?

Ride
    Ford BA XR6 03

just take it. should be able to. with a fraction of the price. If you live in Western suburbs of vic theres broadmeadows a shop in there does em relatively cheap. takes 15 mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I live in Earlwood, Sydney. I dont know of any nearby.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information