+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift into Au3 xr6 vct

Ride
    AU3 XR6 Sedan

Default ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift into Au3 xr6 vct

Hi guys,
    I recently took a mates automatic xr6 turbo for a spin and rather enjoyed the experience. So I've been considering maybe replacing my current manual 5 spd gear box from my AU3 XR6 VCT and replacing it with the new ZF 6 spd auto trans w/ sequential sports shift. I'm not exactly mechanically minded so this idea may may just remain a dream but as I've got intentions of incorporating a turbo regardless can anyone recommend a good automatic transmission which will generate the least amount of hassle.
    Thank you

Ride
    FG XR6

Default Re: ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift into Au3 xr6 vct

It would be cheaper and easier to trade up. Its not just a bolt on operation. It's a very big job.
    BA XRT's are now ten to fifteen. BF's thirteen to twenty.
    The new V8 will force the price of the Turbo's lower on the 2nd hand market. Once supply outweighs the demand of the V8, the T6 will come down more.
    I have an imaculate FG, with about forteen thou put into the suspension, wheels and brakes. never have touched the motor.
    He was really excited to offer me twenty eight thou. It's eighteen months old.
    Decided I will buy a new bike and wait.

Ride
    2014 VF SSV Redline

Default Re: ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift into Au3 xr6 vct

+1 the conversion would be a money pit.

Just buy a BA.
    Current Rides:
    2014 VF Commodore SSV Redline Manual
    2013 VW Touareg 180TDI

Still, I've owned plenty of Fords before......

Ride
    AU3 XR8, NCII

I also back the trade-up. Fitting a ZF is electronically mind boggling! If you want a ZF, and they are bloody good, best get a BF.
    Drive a Ford in Victoria? Join the all new FAF Blue Oval Owners Club!

PM me or Elements to join!

Quote Originally Posted by JPD80 View Post
    What can I say, Holden's gearbox capability is only out shone by the V6's peformance.

Ride
    AU3 XR6 Sedan

Thanks for the replies.
    My AU3 hasn't even done 160,000kms and as I'm not that keen on the design of the BA's I'm not really ready for an upgrade just yet. I've also just finished paying off an XB Coupe with intentions on restoring it (which means I'm sure you will hear from me quite a bit soon), so can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative automatic transmission for my AU3? Not really concerned if it is a Ford brand or not and as I mentioned before I will be installing a turbo on it eventually.
    Thanks

Ride
    1998 au 1

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Draven View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    My AU3 hasn't even done 160,000kms and as I'm not that keen on the design of the BA's I'm not really ready for an upgrade just yet. I've also just finished paying off an XB Coupe with intentions on restoring it (which means I'm sure you will hear from me quite a bit soon), so can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative automatic transmission for my AU3? Not really concerned if it is a Ford brand or not and as I mentioned before I will be installing a turbo on it eventually.
    Thanks
    could advise of a ED G/B ? bulletproof? or even just convert it to manual ?
    or do a short shift? my AU runs like crazy after a tune man i would honestly suggest all my mods with a cam shaft and there would be nothing like it?

i bought a capa tuner with a custom performance tune from capa them self all up 550? or less cant remember it was either 500 - 550 did it all my self

ECO mode feels like performance mode before tune (uses same fuel too)
    PWR mode now feels like a rocket and the gear change is so smooth you dont even know it obviously you know it has when the REV drops but eh

the only annoying thing about a Auto falcon is the take off from lights.. a highstall converter should fix that
    CAR: Ford AU Falcon - 6cyl - CAPA Standard Performance Tune
    XR6T Intake - Ceramic Pacemaker Headers - High Flow Cat - 2 1/2" Redback Exhaust system.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information