+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gauge install for a ba xr6t

Default gauge install for a ba xr6t

sorry in advance if this has already been talked about here but i cant find bugger all on it here or on any other site.

i have a ba xr6 turbo that im installing a boost volts and oil pressure gauges in the factory fpv slot via a tripple pod mount.

if anyone has done this could you please write up how you went about it and any problems you had? mainly how you ran your boost and oil pressure senders. if you have any photos could you please post them up.

cheers all

Ride
    03 NA XR6 Manual

Default Re: gauge install for a ba xr6t

I haven't done it but id imagine you would hook boost up to manifold pressure, just t it off from the pcv valve hose, voltage, just hook it up to accessories line, oil pressure you MUST use an electric sender as it is illegal (and stupid) to have a mechanical gauge in the cabin as the tube can split and eventually it can empty your sump into the cabin, again just t it off from the factory sender, it should be just above the oil filter.

As for the illumination, there should be the plug for the clock from upper level cars, should be able to just run it off there i think, not too sure though.

Hopefully that will get you started.

hey guys, got it all istalled yesterday, got the gauge in ran the t piece from the line that goes from the manifold to the top of the BOV, only problem is it doenst read properly - it spends most of its life in vacume and the highest its got is 2 psi. any one got any ideas as to why? maybe faulty gauge?

Ride
    03 NA XR6 Manual

seems a bit weird, try running it from as close to the manifold as possible, and if that dosent make it work any better, try a guage that is known to be accurate. You should spend most of the time in vacuum anyway, as your not always on the throttle making boost.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information