+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (FG) Air con issues

Ride
    fg xr6

Default (FG) Air con issues

i have a 5 week old fg xr6 whose air con decided to pack it in yesterday in mid 30 heat! instead of blowing cold it was pumping stinking hot air out. rang the service dept of the dealer who didnt seem to be in the know but then after putting me on hold came back saying that they had received an email that day stating that it is a known problem with the module(??). thats ok i said - when can i come in to get it fixed? we dont know when replacement parts if any will be available but we will put you on a waiting list.

my concern is was i being fobbed off? i have done a bit of research on the net and with some friends that are car enthusiasts and have not come across this issue.

can someone allay my fears that this is a short term issue with a simple solution?

thanks
    craig

Ride
    AU3 XR8, NCII

Default Re: Air con issues

If it is the module, there isn't much you can really do... I would however try ringing a different dealer, in case they are rubbishing you with the waiting list thing...
    Drive a Ford in Victoria? Join the all new FAF Blue Oval Owners Club!

PM me or Elements to join!

Quote Originally Posted by JPD80 View Post
    What can I say, Holden's gearbox capability is only out shone by the V6's peformance.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    FG

Having car issues is a royal pain. Like anything you get it sorted one way or another.

Ford is no different to GM/Yota/Merc/BMW/AUDI and any of the others.

You and 99 percent of the rest of the world have car issues on a daily basis.

JPOD and the others are spot on and are very factual.

P.S My FG is not perfect but either is my wife.

Experienced Member bfbetterthanfg's Avatar
    Ride
    FG Mk2 XR6 Ute

Could it be the heater core jpod? I had that problem with a BA XT and it was leaking water aswell. That is a dash-out job.

Experienced Member bfbetterthanfg's Avatar
    Ride
    FG Mk2 XR6 Ute

My wife is a lot closer to perfection than the FG that's for sure! ;-)

Ride
    fg xr6

a quick update - thanks for the suggestions. rang back the original dealer after trying another that was close by. got a different service technician who seemed to have a better idea on what was happening. had it in today and his suspicions were confirmed - a faulty HIM module. able to reboot it and get it operating but likely to die again in the near future so on the list for a replacement when it becomes available. apparently quite a few fg s having similar problems. ford have withdrawn a particular batch and the delay is waiting for the new batch.

thank god the 40 degree days seem to be over!!

Ride
    Honda

Hi Tomo17 and friends

I have a G6E which is 11mths old. I'm finding the dual climate control is "on the blink". If I set the 2 temperature controls at the same temperature, one side will provide air at around the the correct temp. but the passenger side is easily 8-10 degree hotter. You only need to put you hand in front of the vent to feel the difference.

My dealer say his diagnostic says alls ok. But clear its not the case.

Have other had a similar experience? and had it fixed?

Apart from this one (hopefully fixable) issue I love my G6E. Beautiful to drive, look at and own.

Regards

Ride
    FG F6

Quote Originally Posted by pbdcom View Post
    Hi Tomo17 and friends

I have a G6E which is 11mths old. I'm finding the dual climate control is "on the blink". If I set the 2 temperature controls at the same temperature, one side will provide air at around the the correct temp. but the passenger side is easily 8-10 degree hotter. You only need to put you hand in front of the vent to feel the difference.

My dealer say his diagnostic says alls ok. But clear its not the case.

Have other had a similar experience? and had it fixed?

Apart from this one (hopefully fixable) issue I love my G6E. Beautiful to drive, look at and own.

Regards
    I had the same thing hot air out of passenger and cold out of drivers. They had to remove the dashboard to get to some solenoid in there. It was a big job.

Ride
    2008 FG XR 6 TURBO

Ok, now we are into the cooler months I find myself at 4:30am using the demister set about 22 degrees. All is good for about the first ten minutes, then it starts getting HOT and well..... too cosy! So naturally I turn the temp down to 20 degrees, and yet it continues to pump out warm air??? So I drop it down to 18 degrees, and STILL warm air!! So I change it to L, and bugger me??? WARM AIR!!!
    So I changed from demist to vents on the face, and still warm air!!!
    By this time I'm starting to sweat!!!!
    So I turn the AC completely off, then back on and wollah!!!! Freezing cold air (still set on L ) So I raise the temp back upto 20 and its just nice now, and working properly again.
    So my question is, does anyone else have problems like this with the temp control pumping out hot air even though you change it to a lower setting??

Another thing is, the original temp when the car was started was 22 degrees, but the temp it started pushing out once the engine had warmed up, was well above that???
    EVENTUALLY WE WILL CONVINCE THEM ALL !!

Forum Regular
    Ride
    Ranger, TD Cortina

Its the HIM module, they are faulty. (Should be a re-call). Talk to your dealer. They will replace it.

Ride
    AU3 XR8, NCII

Quote Originally Posted by sim302 View Post
    Its the HIM module, they are faulty. (Should be a re-call). Talk to your dealer. They will replace it.
    Recalls are only for safety faults. A general fault warrants only a service bulletin and they fix it under warranty.
    Drive a Ford in Victoria? Join the all new FAF Blue Oval Owners Club!

PM me or Elements to join!

Quote Originally Posted by JPD80 View Post
    What can I say, Holden's gearbox capability is only out shone by the V6's peformance.

Ride
    2008 FG XR 6 TURBO

ok, so had a fiddle this morning and this afternoon when I came home from work.
    It only gets locked on a temp setting which seams to be "roast" while on demister.
    If the car is first switched on and the vents are already selected then you have control up temp or down
    EVENTUALLY WE WILL CONVINCE THEM ALL !!

Forum Regular
    Ride
    Ranger, TD Cortina

Quality!

Its a safety issue when the air con locks on face or floor mode, (with only the slightest screen bleed). Traveling in a 100 kph zone RH lane peak hour and the windscreen fogs up...what are you gonna do.

Ride
    2009 G6E

I have a G6E and had the same problems. In Summer cool air out of driver face vents and hot air out of passenger face vents. Took the car back to dealer I bought it from and they fixed it. Yes it was a dash out job.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information