+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ABS light ON

Ride
    Ford Fairlane AUI V8

Default ABS light ON

AU Fairlane V8. ABS light ON all the time (sometimes goes OFF for short while, than comes back again to stay). Along comes ON the TRACTION CONTROL light (but I assume because if no ABS, the traction control is also in trouble as ABS participates in the traction control).
    Any idea apart from sensors checks (cleaned the ABS pump connector -no change)?

Forum Regular
    Ride
    AU II Fairlane Ghia

Default Re: ABS light ON

Be one of the speed sensors with one of the wheels take it 2 ford and they replace that part an reset your dash .. cost like 155.00 all up. its due to that speed sensor is used for the ABS and TC to send info back to computer to info it it need to used abs or if there is more wheel spin that should be on take off ect ..

Experienced Member
    Ride
    xy gs fairmont

Quote Originally Posted by bmwboi36 View Post
    Be one of the speed sensors with one of the wheels take it 2 ford and they replace that part an reset your dash .. cost like 155.00 all up. its due to that speed sensor is used for the ABS and TC to send info back to computer to info it it need to used abs or if there is more wheel spin that should be on take off ect ..
    Yep agree.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    AU II Fairlane Ghia

lol yer reson was just had my passenger side front one replaced. start out the same then got to both staying on ..

Forum Regular
    Ride
    1999 AU FAIRLANE

Sometimes the abs control modules fail, as did mine. I sent mine to a guy in melbourne who specializes in fixing this problem--returned in three days in working order. Be careful of ridiculous job quotes..I was quoted $800 to get the abs module fixed by an uncertain mechanic, thankfully I found the melbourne guy.. I think it was $200. Have a search on ebay for him.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information