+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: I Hate. . .

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Default Re: I Hate. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Redwight View Post
    Most people recognise these days that it is just far easier to get rid of them if they cause you that much grief.
    the retort is also living your life being hated by your woman
    Women just break mens minds better thats all. Men and
    women do it to each other quite well.

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

One of mine is still trying to get revenge on me 15 years later, looser.

Ride
    BF2 XR6 Ute

When I just sit down on the toilet and someone else wants to use or tries for a convo through the door. Toilet time is MY time.
    New Ride- 2007 BF MkII XR6 Ute, Breeze, Dual Zone Climate Control, Prestige Sound, Leather and Sportsbars...

Ride
    AUIII F/mont Ghia

Suppliers giving me sh*t parts, part kits and supporting paperwork to sign off, then getting sh*tty with me when I tell them they need to fix it before I put my autograph on it!!!
    Current car - AUIII Fairmont Ghia. Organza. Stock as a rock.
    Coming soon - ??? (but something is on order!)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect (as written by Douglas Adams)

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

Quote Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
    When I just sit down on the toilet and someone else wants to use or tries for a convo through the door. Toilet time is MY time.
    Similarly, when the mobile rings while your sitting there; and then the fool on the other end upon getting message bank hangs up and calls back. If you want to hear all about my bowel movements be a pushy idiot, if discretion means anything to you then wait ten and I'll get the unpleasant stuff over with and get back.

Incorrect grammar grates me to no end. I particularly abhor the fact that a certain television channel here, as well as a children's/pre adolescent television show, regularly bastardise the English language by using SMS/text messaging/internet lingo. It's appalling enough that anybody uses this language at all, but to have a supposedly professional television outfit use it is simply unacceptable. And to have a TV show for pre adolescents popularise it for kids, who probably need to be taught more than anyone how to use the English language correctly, and make it acceptable to use such language, is simply unfathomable to me.

I try to use correct English when I can, and as best I can. I am only human though, and often make mistakes. I don't claim to know everything about the English language either, and in fact I often use punctuation in a way that is not widely accepted as technically correct, but seems sensible, natural, logical, and appropriate to do so. But to deliberately use such improper language in a form of media that is viewed by so many is just ridiculous. I loathe such language.

Ride
    AU3 XR8, NCII

I hate people that are doing 90 in the far right lane of the freeway, and in reverse, hate those that tailgate you and flash flash lights when you are doing the MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT of 100 in the far right lane of the freeway. I'm bloody well doing the speed limit, the speed limit in the right lane is the same as in the left lane, and it is 100. If you wanna speed, you can bloody well overtake me!
    Drive a Ford in Victoria? Join the all new FAF Blue Oval Owners Club!

PM me or Elements to join!

Quote Originally Posted by JPD80 View Post
    What can I say, Holden's gearbox capability is only out shone by the V6's peformance.

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Elements View Post
    Suppliers giving me sh*t parts, part kits and supporting paperwork to sign off, then getting sh*tty with me when I tell them they need to fix it before I put my autograph on it!!!
    I tell them- you know I can always speak to somebody else if Mr.Somebody
    does not play well. Sorry up goes that contract...nothing like burning some bridges now and then.

Last edited by ELSpeedo; 20-05-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Ride
    FG2 XR6T ute

ok heres another "i hate my local council."

why? well the local tip wont take certain things like old gas bottles/matresses/car batteries or oil so instead of people driving miles and paying $$$ somewhere else these things get dropped off in the back lanes.

the council then comes along an puts and orange sticker on it saying "we dont collect this type of material" and it stays there for a few months then the council blokes pick it up. seriously wtf.

i know people shouldnt be dumping it but they do, so why not just let them dump it at the tip in i dunno a seperate bin or area. its gonna cost the rate payers anyway but at least we dont have crap all over the streets.

furry ford fan

Ride
    AUIII F/mont Ghia

Quote Originally Posted by jPod View Post
    I hate people that are doing 90 in the far right lane of the freeway, and in reverse, hate those that tailgate you and flash flash lights when you are doing the MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT of 100 in the far right lane of the freeway. I'm bloody well doing the speed limit, the speed limit in the right lane is the same as in the left lane, and it is 100. If you wanna speed, you can bloody well overtake me!
    Can't OVERtake because you're in the right-hand lane!!!
    Current car - AUIII Fairmont Ghia. Organza. Stock as a rock.
    Coming soon - ??? (but something is on order!)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect (as written by Douglas Adams)

Ride
    BF2 XR6 Ute

Quote Originally Posted by jPod View Post
    Not having a dig at anyone, but I hate it when people drive in the right hand lane for no reason. Right hand lane is for overtaking unless congested.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rd...inginVicRR.pdf

On that also, you have to allow for speedo errors, as in your speedo may be out and so may theirs. Yours might say 100, might only be doing 95, where they may be reading 100, but are doing over.

Easiest thing to do, stay out of the right hand lane.
    New Ride- 2007 BF MkII XR6 Ute, Breeze, Dual Zone Climate Control, Prestige Sound, Leather and Sportsbars...

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

Not having a dig at anyone, but I hate it when people drive in the right hand lane for no reason. Right hand lane is for overtaking unless congested.

On that also, you have to allow for speedo errors, as in your speedo may be out and so may theirs. Yours might say 100, might only be doing 95, where they may be reading 100, but are doing over.

Ha Ha, one of the factors about the Tickford XR series I bought is that Tickford actually calibrated the speedo and the tachometer better than the factory did. And yet driving around there are many drivers that think they have a special speed limit of their own; get over your opinion of yourself; if I'm hogging the right lane it's because you won't let me have decent space if I don't. It is a SHARED SPACE, share it or put up with the agro of being entirely self centered. Every parent has a go at their little ones about sharing but in the real world that is the last thing they do....

Ride
    Ford EL Falcon XR6

Quote Originally Posted by Redwight View Post
    Ha Ha, one of the factors about the Tickford XR series I bought is that Tickford actually calibrated the speedo and the tachometer better than the factory did. And yet driving around there are many drivers that think they have a special speed limit of their own; get over your opinion of yourself; if I'm hogging the right lane it's because you won't let me have decent space if I don't. It is a SHARED SPACE, share it or put up with the agro of being entirely self centered.
    A shared space you're selfishly creating unnecessary congestion in.

If you're driving side by side with another car at the same speed and car(s) are behind you in the right lane wanting to pass, then either overtake or look for an opportunity to move left. On my daily commute to work, I pass more cars than pass me, without going fast enough to get a speeding fine at any point. I pass cars, usually in the right lane, then move left into the gap. If a car comes up behind me going faster than me while I am in the right lane, I'll either finish overtaking and move left, or if there's a gap will change lanes, let them pass and pull out again. It's really annoying when there's 3 lanes of traffic doing the same 95km/h or less and the overtaking lane is blocked because of people like yourself thinking they are doing the limit they can sit there, holding up others. As stated - you are committing an offence and can be booked. If the person wanting to pass goes on to get a speeding ticket that is their problem. Chances are that 5km/h extra won't get them one if you're doing an actual 95km/h. If you're going the same speed as another car, then doesn't it make perfect sense to choose the same lane and follow it, with no hindrance to yourself, freeing up the overtaking lane for exactly that? Also, what does the lane you choose have to do with "decent space"? Pick a lane and follow the traffic and leave a gap in front. People with less than average intelligence do cut into that gap regardless of what lane you are in.

Your Tickford speedo is NOT 100% accurate. I estimate my Tickford Falcon is about 4km/h out at 100km/h, then there's tyre wear reducing the rolling diameter slightly and tyre pressure that can throw it out further. Some are out by more than that. Many car manufacturers prefer to set it to overstate speed than risk understating speed and having people complain about getting fines when they thought they were doing the limit.

I use Eastlink in Melbourne regularly and MOST people do the right thing and move out the way of faster cars and as a result, the traffic flows better. It's better to have the cars spread out than banked up behind misguided right lane hogs.

NB: I just noticed you are a Queenslander - it must be imprinted in your brain somewhere that when it comes to right lanes on freeways, you guys are like the Black Knight from Monty Python - "None shall pass"
    Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Ride
    AU3 XR8, NCII

Ok, I understand that speedo errors are there. My Falcon, due to its tyre size seems to be pretty spot on, my Fairlane, have to be doing 103 to be doing 100. But I can't imagine speedo's that are out by 10. I'm not talking, creaping up onto the back of the other car, I'm talking, verge of downshifting slowing down. Wether or not, people are meant to stay out of the right lane unless overtaking (I find that my deadly accurate speedo in the Falcon means that I am constantly overtaking, so I stay in the right lane, as everyone else is doing 95), but if you are over taking, then you really should be going faster than everyone else... some people aren't. My problem lies with people a) being stupidly slow in the far right lane, and b) people who think that it is their right to be doing 120, and anyone slower than that should be rammed off the road. No! The limit is 100. If for some reason you can't do it, maybe you drive a Toyota, or your speedo is out, fine, pull into the other 2 lanes. If someone is doing 100, or close enough, and you want to do a bajillion Km/h then stiff s**t, the ones obeying the law should not be abused for doing so. Adam, you live in Geelong yes? Obviously then you have driven on the princess, and you can't tell me that the general population of drivers on the princess are complete and utter w4nkers (read: Commodore drivers)
    Last edited by jPod; 24-05-2009 at 12:09 PM.

What can I say, Holden's gearbox capability is only out shone by the V6's peformance.

Ride
    AU wagon

l hate getting up in the middle of the night for a leak and walking in the dark, all of a sudden l find the bathroom door slightly open.End result....broken nose.
    True story:OUCH

Ride
    BA Falcon ute, AU XR

Quote Originally Posted by pauljh74 View Post
    A shared space you're selfishly creating unnecessary congestion in.

If you're driving side by side with another car at the same speed and car(s) are behind you in the right lane wanting to pass, then either overtake or look for an opportunity to move left. On my daily commute to work, I pass more cars than pass me, without going fast enough to get a speeding fine at any point. I pass cars, usually in the right lane, then move left into the gap. If a car comes up behind me going faster than me while I am in the right lane, I'll either finish overtaking and move left, or if there's a gap will change lanes, let them pass and pull out again. It's really annoying when there's 3 lanes of traffic doing the same 95km/h or less and the overtaking lane is blocked because of people like yourself thinking they are doing the limit they can sit there, holding up others. As stated - you are committing an offence and can be booked. If the person wanting to pass goes on to get a speeding ticket that is their problem. Chances are that 5km/h extra won't get them one if you're doing an actual 95km/h. If you're going the same speed as another car, then doesn't it make perfect sense to choose the same lane and follow it, with no hindrance to yourself, freeing up the overtaking lane for exactly that? Also, what does the lane you choose have to do with "decent space"? Pick a lane and follow the traffic and leave a gap in front. People with less than average intelligence do cut into that gap regardless of what lane you are in.

Your Tickford speedo is NOT 100% accurate. I estimate my Tickford Falcon is about 4km/h out at 100km/h, then there's tyre wear reducing the rolling diameter slightly and tyre pressure that can throw it out further. Some are out by more than that. Many car manufacturers prefer to set it to overstate speed than risk understating speed and having people complain about getting fines when they thought they were doing the limit.

I use Eastlink in Melbourne regularly and MOST people do the right thing and move out the way of faster cars and as a result, the traffic flows better. It's better to have the cars spread out than banked up behind misguided right lane hogs.

NB: I just noticed you are a Queenslander - it must be imprinted in your brain somewhere that when it comes to right lanes on freeways, you guys are like the Black Knight from Monty Python - "None shall pass"
    OOH I touched a funny bone did I, my driving is far more out there than that - when the situation dictates it is necessary I will drift the underpowered POS through three lanes of traffic to get where I need to be - it is your choice to make it possible or impossible. And mine is only out by 2km\hr, I have checked that many times and get the same result; many factory set ones are out by +- 10%, hardly precise.

One of my pet hates is people that seem to think that just because they aren't getting a ticket for what they are doing; then that must mean it is safe or a good idea. Special speed limits only work as long as you live through the experience, the day you misjudge it you will blame everybody else first. YOU are the reason they put 40 km\hr signs in road construction zones - they know you won't obey so factor your disobedience in.

take me drunk im home raual afcanchewbah's Avatar
    Ride
    cobb & co

That i purchased a new phone with a new provider and it's been 8 days now and they are starting the process to port my old number across yet again.
    Nobody is perfect. I guess that makes me Nobody.

Forum Regular
    Ride
    AU III XR6 Sprint

driving down the hume highway every weekend for work 1)having to do 80 most of the way cause of the road works and 2) the amount of time its taken for them to complete most of it CMON its been like 2 years already

Ride
    AU3 XR8, NCII

People who drive in driving instructor cars, and nearly cause an accident because they cannot obey simple road rules, like indicating to turn... no, the L plates were not up. It was the instructor driving.

Ride
    ba2 wagon

Red face Re: I Hate. . .

c'heads in commodores what's with the laying the seat back so far they can't see over the dash or are the seats like that because they've fallen through the big rust hole in the floor

Ride
    FG2 XR6T ute

people who buy classic cars (whichever brand) because its cool to own one, yet dont look after them and let them go. ergh that annoys me.

or people who own collectable cars and leave them in paddocks "oh ill never sell it" well yeah thats youre choice and you have the right to do it...but everyone thinks youre a real c***. even your parents. lol.

furry ford fan

Forum Regular
    Ride
    AU III XR6 Sprint

people young and old not indicating out of roundabouts. if your going straight thought its left indicator when leaving the roundabout not left all the way though or right all the way. although the police are a bad one for this alot dont do it but expect us too hypocrites

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

People who litter everywhere despoiling the Earth. Well I suppose one day when
    the earth is no more scientists can study modern day Earth from the Rubbish
    it left of its existence.

Ride
    ED Ghia & NCII 'Lane

Quote Originally Posted by CustomEL View Post
    people young and old not indicating out of roundabouts. if your going straight thought its left indicator when leaving the roundabout not left all the way though or right all the way. although the police are a bad one for this alot dont do it but expect us too hypocrites
    Didn't know it was law to indicate leaving a round about. Won't change my habits though, I drive how I was tought...

Quote Originally Posted by agro58 View Post
    c'heads in commodores what's with the laying the seat back so far they can't see over the dash or are the seats like that because they've fallen through the big rust hole in the floor
    The probably have got rust holes in the floor!

Trainman is
    Geek in Goth clothing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here for Photo Gallery
    Updated Frequently

Ride
    FG2 XR6T ute

people who own small cars so they can park in tight spots easily, then park in the spot where you could nose a semi into and somehow F THAT UP and take up 2 large spots with one small car.

seriously W T F.

these people are HOPELESS. i saw a smart car driver (the two door milk carton looking thing) reverse park into a spot i could nose my old f100 (with no p/s) and he still managed to mount the curb with the back left wheel. oh *cries*

furry ford fan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information