+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: I Hate. . .

Ride
    2009 G6E

Default Re: I Hate. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Miracle View Post
    my local council
    Why, I work for my local council. Ok some people complain of the rate charges. Some think that everything should be supplied by council for free. As a council toilet cleaner some rate payers are downright filthy people who have a No.2 in their hands and then wipe it over the walls. Graffiti is miner but setting fire to toilets and smashing fixtures is bad. We lock our toilets at night to keep the local drug addicts and drunks out. When I scrub out a toilet I lock male and female if I'm working in the females or males. You can't have males using female toilets or vice versa because of the chances of rape. People don't understand that. Then there is verbal/physical abuse, intimidation, bullying, threats and out right violent temper tantrums from adult females. I've been told I'm a paedophile, a moron, a piece of useless sh*t, "my husband will sort you out" ( which he never does and his wife doesn't like that!) and many things worse.
    Unfortunately council doesn't allow us to retaliate. But over the years my compassion has slowly diminished for others outside my own family and workmates. Although I'm trying to fight the trend. My boss was horrified when I told him that if someone had a heart attack at the toilets that I would just stand there and watch them die. These days you wouldn't take action because if you did something wrong you could be sued by their relatives.
    One woman did physically assault me and I took note of her rego plate on her car (an XR6) and reported it to the police. I took her to court and sued her even though the council asked me not to. The union did not agree with them and were my legal counsel. Oh yes I won. It cost her dearly. So don't mess with a loo cleaner.
    Last edited by cleaner; 21-10-2013 at 08:31 AM. Reason: adding more

Ride
    Deaths Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by cleaner View Post
    Why, I work for my local council. Ok some people complain of the rate charges. Some think that everything should be supplied by council for free. As a council toilet cleaner some rate payers are downright filthy people who have a No.2 in their hands and then wipe it over the walls. Graffiti is miner but setting fire to toilets and smashing fixtures is bad. We lock our toilets at night to keep the local drug addicts and drunks out. When I scrub out a toilet I lock male and female if I'm working in the females or males. You can't have males using female toilets or vice versa because of the chances of rape. People don't understand that. Then there is verbal/physical abuse, intimidation, bullying, threats and out right violent temper tantrums from adult females. I've been told I'm a paedophile, a moron, a piece of useless sh*t, "my husband will sort you out" ( which he never does and his wife doesn't like that!) and many things worse.
    Unfortunately council doesn't allow us to retaliate. But over the years my compassion has slowly diminished for others outside my own family and workmates. Although I'm trying to fight the trend. My boss was horrified when I told him that if someone had a heart attack at the toilets that I would just stand there and watch them die. These days you wouldn't take action because if you did something wrong you could be sued by their relatives.
    One woman did physically assault me and I took note of her rego plate on her car (an XR6) and reported it to the police. I took her to court and sued her even though the council asked me not to. The union did not agree with them and were my legal counsel. Oh yes I won. It cost her dearly. So don't mess with a loo cleaner.
    Not even rendering basic first aid, geez this world must be run by litigation lawyers than ethicists....

Every job has its up & downs, if you not happy with it then find another one.

To watch another person to die with out rendering assistance means to me you are just a heartless bastard, how would you feel if some one did that to a loved relative/family member of yours.

Then again I'd imagine you would help some one in need of help, we all do this because we are Australians.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    AUII-BFII gas wagon

Its bad enough to repair vandal damage with toilets, pools and play grounds--no way I could clean toilet without other team workers around to clear the area.
    our depo has 1 cleaner being a rural zone but other urban depo have a team, for the reason you talked about.

most of the time I have an assistant but I often arrange for others to be around.

Ride
    2009 G6E

Quote Originally Posted by PD56 View Post
    Every job has its up & downs, if you not happy with it then find another one.

To watch another person to die with out rendering assistance means to me you are just a heartless bastard, how would you feel if some one did that to a loved relative/family member of yours.

Then again I'd imagine you would help some one in need of help, we all do this because we are Australians.
    Watching a family member die well I did that when dad died. He was in so much pain with no way out other than death. We as a family could have called an ambulance but decided not to and let him die peacefully. He'd already told us previously if he had another bad turn to just let him die. So we obeyed his wishes.
    On watching someone else die who I didn't know it's hard to know whether to intervene or not. Due to litigation being so much of a lottery entrance with a near certain win these days it's hard to intervene because if you make a person worse, your good Samaritan act can cost you dearly.
    On the whole though most people can be decent and as I told my boss I treat them as they treat me. A person who talks to me in a civilised manner will receive a civilised reply.
    Others who think that I'm just a ball to be kicked around at their pleasure run into a solid brick wall of total non cooperation and any foul language they throw at me has a boomerang effect on them.
    As for graffiti on wall tiles the easiest removal is oddly enough Aeroguard the insect repellent. It just dissolves texta graffiti. Makes you wonder what it does to your skin.
    Last edited by cleaner; 22-10-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    "Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it but you are the only one to feel it's warmth."

Watching a family member die well I did that when dad died. He was in so much pain with no way out other than death. We as a family could have called an ambulance but decided not to and let him die peacefully. He'd already told us previously if he had another bad turn to just let him die. So we obeyed his wishes.
    On watching someone else die who I didn't know it's hard to know whether to intervene or not. Due to litigation being so much of a lottery entrance with a near certain win these days it's hard to intervene because if you make a person worse, your good Samaritan act can cost you dearly.
    On the whole though most people can be decent and as I told my boss I treat them as they treat me. A person who talks to me in a civilised manner will receive a civilised reply.
    Others who think that I'm just a ball to be kicked around at their pleasure run into a solid brick wall of total non cooperation and any foul language they throw at me has a boomerang effect on them.
    As for graffiti on wall tiles the easiest removal is oddly enough Aeroguard the insect repellent. It just dissolves texta graffiti. Makes you wonder what it does to your skin.
    I can fully understand your anguish with your fathers passing under those circumstances as I have been through two myself with a parent & sibling but I'm quite sure you would render assistance to a stranger in time of need, surprisingly how the adrenaline kicks in as you do this automatically without thinking of any consequences to yourself or people you are trying to help.
    Last edited by PD56; 22-10-2016 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Ride
    2009 G6E

One thing I do hate in this modern nanny world we live in, is being reminded every single year of signs outside RFS stations of "have you prepared your bushfire home plan?" and "now is the time to check smoke alarm batteries". Even the local schools have this battery and fire plan message on their advertising LCD screens along with adverts for businesses. There is one here in the mountains which at night is a real pain as the adverts have a bright white background which shines straight into your eyes as you drive towards it. It would be ok if there was lots of other lighting about but other than a couple of street lights it's dark. So it's like having high powered driving lights shining at you with ads for RAMS home loans. It's odd but when I approach it at night I use the sun visor to reduce the glare from it. I phoned the school and asked them to set the timer so that at night the screen is out or turned off. But they refused. There's enough adverts on TV for all these businesses without schools advertising them too. I also have no interest in being told how the school pupils did in the local sporting events via these screens. It seems to be getting very Facebook like with these screens with the attitude of "look at us, look at us, we are so much better than others". Who gives a toss. Ah Facebook with it's "look at me, look at me, I'm just so much more wonderful and interesting than any of you. I've just done something truly inspirational, I've had a cup of coffee. My legion of followers and friends will be truly awe inspired at this unimaginable feat". I used to be on Facebook but I terminated my account due to this idea that ones life has to be told to all and sundry whether they want to know or not. YouTube is going the same way. It's absolutely vital that one has a legion of subscribers.
    Last edited by cleaner; 25-10-2016 at 10:44 AM.
    "Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it but you are the only one to feel it's warmth."

Portable LCD signs are the modern way of getting massages across to the public mass theses days, I whole heartily sympathise with you on how some are too bright at night being a nuisance, as for face book well you 100% correct there with the look at me syndrome from the tossers but then again it can serve a good purpose in keeping in contact with friends & family but long as you keep the privacy settings set to private so the prying public eyes cannot view your personal details & info..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread Information