+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Car smell

Ride
    2008 Ranger 4x2

Default New Car smell

Stupid question but, what do ford use for to give your car that "New Car Smell?"

I bought a "new car smell" deoderiser for my car on the weekend and it smells nothing like what ford use.

Ride
    Waiting to See :-(

Default Re: New Car smell

Quote Originally Posted by mrd83 View Post
    Stupid question but, what do ford use for to give your car that "New Car Smell?"

I bought a "new car smell" deoderiser for my car on the weekend and it smells nothing like what ford use.
    I can supply that new car smell quite easily, just over 43k will get you a the new car smell (and I'll throw in a brand new FG XR6 at no extra cost)
    But serriously, nothing is sprayed into the vehicle, the smell comes from the NEW materials without the decaying body oils and skin flakes that eventually make their way into everything. That is why as you jump from a Falcon to a Focus to a Mondeo, they all smell different.

Personally though, from my standpoint, new cars don't smell, only used ones do.
    Nil Coitus Circum

i bought a used bf xr6 from city ford, and when i picked it up it had been detailed , and wat ever they used in side it smelt nice , sort of a powdery new car smell , i also would like to find out wat they use aswell ?????

Ride
    Ford Falcon XR6 2003

Yeah same I just brought a 03 XR6 and it still smells like new! Dealer might have done the same as above, so yeah I want to know if they used something special! Its a great smell!

Ride
    98 el futura

the new car smell is gasses being released from the new plastics in the car, they also cause a film on the glass areas. but i do wanna know what it is detailers use cos it smells nice

Ride
    2005 XR6

The closest thing I have smelt to the 'new car smell' in a used car comes from a little block (about 4cm square) and usually placed under either one of the front seats. I spoke to a dealer and he said the smell seems to last about 3months. I asked if I could buy one and he said that his detailer, who works for a few different yards, supplies them. I'm still waiting for a phone call,(10months later), from the detailer.

Banned
    Ride
    Focus

it's a mixture of smell that comes from the new components of the car, mattings, leather and plastics

Ride
    EB2 S-XR6

And it's actually really bad for you, people only like it for psychological reasons (we associate it with the good sensations of seeing/driving/buying new cars).
    "wake up, Charlie, rise and shine, pour the tea, I'll draw the blinds"

Ride
    FG2 XR6T ute

yes ive heard its bad for you aswell.

not suprising really as 1) its the smell of plastics etc and 2) everything nowdays is bad for you. im sure theyll ban lettuce one day.

furry ford fan

Ride
    BF XR6T

If you want that fresh tanned leather smell back into your leather seats try ZAINO Z10 (I get mine from waxit) smells absolutly fantastic .
    My BF is almost 3 years old and still has that new leather smell .

Ride
    2009 G6E

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Miracle View Post
    yes ive heard its bad for you aswell.

not suprising really as 1) its the smell of plastics etc and 2) everything nowdays is bad for you. im sure theyll ban lettuce one day.
    You're quite right that nowadays everything is bad for you. Living is bad for you oddly enough. After all we wouldn't die if we weren't alive.
    "Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it but you are the only one to feel it's warmth."

Ride
    2005 XR6

I tried this product, and it seems the closest you can get: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Californi...gAAOSwNRdX4diX

Ride
    XR8 fg

HI gentlemen
    I have been in the detailing for 15 years plus it is really up to your personal choice and when some new cars smell are not good for you because they are new most dealers will sell you what you want
    it is really your personal choice, if you have leather like i do then you use what is good for leather do not use Amor All

Ride
    XR8 fg

HI XR Brute
    Do you have leather seats that block place under the front seats is out of the sun check to see if that product is not flammable sign on it if it has dont use it and try one that you like that you put a spray bottle
    or try small cans or liquids in bottles that are save to spray on your carpet areas.

Ride
    XR8 fg

HI mrd83
    deoderiser will get rid of what ever smell was their before most sprays out there come to personal choice like vanilla to citrus types like orange,Apple,strawberry,
    it all depends on the interior of your car.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information