+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Falcon EB odometers stopped working

Ride
    Ford Falcon EB

Default Falcon EB odometers stopped working

Hi guys...just last night my falcon's both odometers stopped working..and everything else on the dash is working perfectly like the speedometer, fuel gauge and temperature gauge..hasnt happened before so if you guys have any idea what might be the problem pls give me some advice...thanks

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    DF LTD 5.0 & BA XR8

Default Re: Falcon EB odometers stopped working

small plasticy rubbery gear inside has lost a tooth. open it up and have a look. i just changed the gear on mine and its fine now.

Ride
    Ford Falcon EB

yeah thats the same thing happened to mine as well cos i opened it up today and found that its slippery...well im not sure if i can fix the plastic teeth so im thinking of goin to a wrecker and getting another cluster from a falcon and fitting it..but i was wondering if i could fit the S-Pack falcon's instrument panel on to my EB and work? because im after a tachometer which is not there on my current panel..

Ride
    AUII XR8 manual ute.

I got the gear to repair mine with from a wrecker in north QLD. I also picked up an EA S-Pack dash for the same reason but it created some problems because of a fault. If you can get the S-Pack or XR type dash you can give it a go but I'd reccomend keeping the old one around for at least 6 months in case of drama's. Other than that if it's an EB dash it should just plug in and work according to the workshop manual I had.

Ride
    Ford Falcon EB

ya this weekend i will go to the wreckers and try to grab a S-Pack dash and try it on my EB..hope it all works otherwise will pick up a same EB dash from and fit it...i hope all the instruments on the s-pack dash works on my car cos my car originally does not have the RPM guage and other extras..hope ford has made all the wiring same for all the models and just changed the dash according to the model and options...
    Last edited by vijith555; 04-12-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    DF LTD 5.0 & BA XR8

you shouldnt have any problems with the s pac dash, it looks much better, you will need to change the oil pressure switch to suit the dash. the falcon one is just a switch whereas the spac fairmont and so on measuses oil pressure. but its well worth the effort, all those guages make the car feel nicer to drive. but soon you will be worrying, why is my oil pressure a bit low, and the voltage a bit low, whereas before it was either no oil pressure or good oil pressure and charging or not charging. but its all good

Ride
    Ford Falcon EB

thats good to know..im surely getting one for my EB..so are you trying to say that when i put the S pack dash on my EB the oil pressure meter wont work at all or i have to change something so that it works? didnt get you there..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ride
    AUII XR8 manual ute.

You will have to pull the switch out of the engine for the oil pressure light, and change it for an oil pressure gauge sensor that drives the gauge. It's a bit of a pain to get at as it's under the manifold near the distributor but some patience and a couple of spanners will do the job. If you leave the switch setup in there you'll have full pressure until you start the engine, then none when you get it running.

Forum Veteran
    Ride
    DF LTD 5.0 & BA XR8

its a pretty rough job that oil switch, i remember doing it one night when i kept losing all my oil. small part, big hassle. its just in such a crap spot. get it from under the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information