Asian cars sold here as well as discussion relating to the Asian automotive market.
Welcome to the imported auto discussion rooms. Whilst we’re a Ford forum, many of us are car enthusiast and share a passion for many different cars irrespective of the badge. This is where these rooms come in.
We encourage everyone to discuss anything with four wheels but remember that...
New Nissan Sunny/Pulsar. Whatever, looks like a little Altima
Infiniti's cool Electric Sports car: this looks really great
Nissan's throw back Electric Sports car: also looks good in a retro way
Hi I got a headache of 95 wb festiva 1.3 ltr
So one day it would not start first shot it cranked up and stalled so I waited 1 min n restarted it drove to work
After work it would not start it cranks but as soon as it sounds like it's about to fire n I let the key go in to start
It stalls so...
Can any on e tell me what this fault code means PO402 EGR "Flow Excessive" on my Ford Ranger PJ 3.0LT TD Auto 2007 with 150ks
Any pointers would be appreciated
My wife ( separated) bought an 07 Mazda 2. And it doesn't have a temp gauge. Only a blue and red temp light. Both light up with key on. The blue one stays on after start up, then goes off after it reaches operating temp. How many other makes are the same? Overall build quality is a bit sad if you...
Well they'll just have to lift their game, won't they
Oh what a feeling!
They may as well.......... apart from the GT-R and the 370Z everything else they make is a coma inducingly boring drive!
So with labour costs creeping up in these places, I wonder at the wisdom of closing down local manufacturing?
I couldn't really put this article under the "Cars from Europe" category now could I?
Best till last. Great Wall, Australia's favourite Chinese car maker have a number of cars on the market now and seem to be coming with this strange HAVAL word on them - no idea if this is the name of the model line or the brand or what, but it is on all the SUV's.
Passenger cars look alright...
I've been hearing of a lot of rubbish fuel hose ( even big name brands ) in the aftermarket, now it would seem the OEM market is suffering too!
I have a feeling this won't go well here.
the actual controller is quite cool too!
max romote control speed of 2km/h, good for...
Protons first Global car called the Preve, looks more sophisticated than most Asian cars dare I say European.
Not only is it based on a pointless "urban off road vehicle", it's further compromised by a ridiculously short range! :thinking:
AE86 was the highlight of the show for them apart from some E-nonsense they presented in another corner which I ignored. Looks OK, the skinny rear tyres appeal to some for the lack of grip the car is aiming for but to me make it look weak. I don't know why they put the triangle on the back either...
Both brands are doing good numbers here but they are positioned very low in price against market leader VW and also they are discounting strongly. They have advantages in costs as they are not selling sophisticated technology but they now look good. More or less.
Nothing really special at...
The other really big JV partner with Toyota, Mazda/Haima, VW and so on is FAW, owned by the Federal Government has aspirations of being a player. But they still build cars with a tube of superglue and a hammer - really????
Some better concepts though are coming, design starting to...
Not the most interesting brand but they are making a lot of noise. A Honda and Toyota Partner from South East region this mob have taken an Alfa 166 and stuck a lawn mower engine in it to make this, Trumpchi. This is the first of the large size cars after the governments new approved car list...
The big one, partner of GM and one of the VW JV's and they run the Roewe, MG and some other commercial brands. The Roewe lineup is now strengthened with the new 950, which is a slightly modified Buick Lacrosse. Makes no sense as Lacrosse stays in the market under Buick, but as SAIC own 20% of GM...
BYD should be one of the biggest but their cars are the least impressive so far. They are original though to a greater extent than the others.
Dongfeng, partner of Nissan and others also have started their own way: they are famous for a $9k MPV which is very ordinary but it seems to work,...
These are the pricks that copied the F150 and stuck a 2.4 litre Toyota engine it in, they have stuck the same Engine in a number of other things. Suck as this sports car which with the stripes looks like an old Mustang. Shame stripes don't make a car.
And their badge and taillight...
I have taken far too many pictures yesterday so this will take me a little while to get organised, but here are some observations.
This is Brand Hawtai I would wonder if they are taking the piss. they were apparently Hyundai's partner, they binned that but they continued making the Santa Fe...
BAIC is the Beijing manufacturer and partner of Mercedes, Jeep and a few others, I think also one of the Hyundai Partners too. I don't care enough to check as they do all their copying from Mercedes
What is interesting is they are the ones who bought the old 9-3 and old 9-5 from Saab. They...
Geely is one of the stronger local brands, so strong that they have of course Volvo and access to some fairly decent technology through that acquisition. Is therefore likely to become one of the players from China with a real chance at success.
I say likely because at the moment, it is far...
not ford related, though i was wondering if anyone on here may be able to help my friend out. he has a 1979 RA40 toyota celica auto which he has bought a 5 speed manual gearbox for. only problem is that the box did not come along with a pedal box.
does anyone have/ know someone that has a pedal...
1. Toyota Corolla X/ Auris/ Blade/ Matrix - 64,873
2. Toyota Camry/ Aurion - 48,195
3. Toyota Prius/ Prius a,v - 42,374
4. Toyota Yaris/ Vitz/ Vios/ Belta - 33,678
5. Toyota Hilux - 31,815
6. Toyota Rav4(NA based) - 20,678
7. Daihatsu Cuore VII/ Domino/ Mira - 15,135
8. Toyota Avanza -...
1. Hyundai Elantra IV,V/ Avante/ i35/ i30 - 46,840
2. Hyundai Accent, Verna III,IV/ Solaris/ G. Avega/ i25 - 39,154
3. Hyundai Sonata VI/ i45 - 30,659
4. Hyundai Tucson II/ ix35 - 22,683
5. Kia Forte/ Cerato II - 22,371*
6. Kia Sportage III - 21,733*
7. Kia Optima III/ K5 - 18,566
1. Toyota Corolla X/ Auris/ Matrix - 1,018,866
-----Memo: Corolla X/ Altis - less than 908,304
-----Memo: Auris/ Blade/ Corolla hatch - more than 95,667
-----Memo: Matrix - more than 14,895
2. Toyota Camry/ Aurion - 621,679
3. Toyota Yaris/ Vios/ Belta/ Vitz - 555,952
4. Toyota Hilux -...
1. Hyundai Elantra IV,V/ Avante/ i35/ i30 - 822,489
-----Memo: Elantra IV,V/ Avante/ i35 - less than 632,455
-----Memo: i30/ Elantra Touring - more than 190,034
2. Hyundai Accent III,IV/ Verna III,IV/ Solaris/ i25/ Grand Avega - 499,556
3. Hyundai Sonata/ i45 - 497,401
4. Kia Forte/ Cerato -...
More Toyota Qualitiy!
1. Hyundai Elantra(New)/ Avante/ i35 - 54,931
2. Hyundai Accent(W)/ Verna(W)/ Solaris/ i25/ G. Avega - 48,183
3. Hyundai Sonata/ i45 - 41,093
4. Kia Forte/ Cerato - 31,178*
5. Kia Sportage - 30,148*
6. Hyundai Tucson(New)/ ix35 - 29,461
7. Kia Optima/K5/ Magnetis - 21,956
8. Kia K2/...
I wish my bloody earnings would go up like that!
1. Toyota Corolla(New)/ Auris/ Blade/ Matrix - 78,530
2. Toyota Prius - 51,503
3. Toyota Camry/ Aurion - 46,463
4. Toyota Yaris/ Vios/ Belta/ Vitz - 39,370
5. Toyota Rav4(NA based) - 28,497
6. Toyota Hilux - 22,831
7. Daihatsu Cuore(World)/ Domino/ Mira - 21,048
8. Toyota Highlander/ Klugar...
Officially it's a concept but it would be safe to assume the production car will be almost identical.
Here's Honda's new NSX hybrid supercar (in concept form) just revealed in Detroit.
Sounds like a marriage made in hell, they deserve one another! :evil-laug
1. Hyundai Elantra(World)/ Avante/ i35 - 55,718
2. Hyundai Sonata/ i45 - 41,671
3. Hyundai Accent(World)/ Verna/ Solaris/ i25/ Avega - 40,725
4. Kia Sportage - 30,622
5. Kia Forte/ Cerato - 27,556
6. Hyundai Tucson(New)/ ix35 - 22,623
7. Kia Optima/ K5/ Magnetis - 21,884
8. Kia Sorento -...
1. Toyota Corolla(World)/ Auris/ Blade/ Matrix - 73,288
2. Toyota Prius - 45,626
3. Toyota Camry/ Aurion - 45,096
4. Toyota Yaris/ Vios/ Belta/ Vitz - 37,865
5. Toyota Rav4(NA Based) - 25,115
6. Toyota Hilux - 22,825
7. Daihatsu Cuore(World)/ Domino/ Mira - 20,877
8. Toyota Highlander/...
Driving into a financial ditch: Toyota slashes FY net profit
Toyota has slashed its full-year net profit forecast by more than half, as Japan's biggest carmaker grapples with a strong yen, the impact of the March earthquake and record flooding in Thailand.
The company cut its...
1) Toyota Corolla(World)/ Auris/ Blade/ Matrix - 73,270
2) Toyota Camry/ Aurion - 53,635
3) Toyota Yaris/ Vios/ Belta/ Vitz - 31,595
4) Toyota Prius - 29,934
5) Toyota Hilux - 28,223
6) Toyota Highlander/ Klugar - 18,797
7) Toyota Rav4(NA based) - 16,635
8) Toyota Avanza - 12,957
Engine: 2.0-litre four-cylinder boxer
Fueling: Direct injection
Possibly the first good looking Subaru in a decade?
1. Hyundai Elantra(New)/ Avante/ i35 - 65,627
2. Hyundai Sonata/ i45 - 44,044
3. Hyundai Accent(New)/ Verna(New)/ Solaris/ i25/ Avega - 43,792
4. Kia Forte/ Cerato - 30,752
5. Kia Sportage - 26,116
6. Hyundai Tucson(New)/ ix35 - 24,878
7. Kia Optima/ K5/ Magnetis - 20,170
8. Kia Sorento -...
1. Toyota Corolla(World)/ Altis/ Auris/ Blade/ Matrix - 76,458
2. Toyota Camry/ Aurion - 45,628
3. Toyota Hilux - 36,090
4. Toyota Yaris/ Vios/ Belta/ Vitz - 34,082
5. Toyota Prius - 33,231
6. Toyota Rav4(NA based) - 22,182
7. Toyota Highlander/ Klugar - 18,529
8. Daihatsu Cuore(New)/...
Chev have released the first images of the production Sonic which used to be called the Aveo, and shall be sold here later this year as the Holden Barina. Looks good to me and a lot better than the Fiesta sedan!
It'll come with a 1.8 4cyl or a turbocharged 1.6 4 mated to a 5 speed manual or 6...
1. Hyundai Elantra(2 Gens)/ Avante/ i35/ i30 - 57,447
2. Hyundai Sonata/ i45 - 40,418
3. Hyundai Accent(New)/ Verna(New)/ Solaris/ Avega - 38,628
4. Kia Forte/ Cerato - 30,372
5. Kia Sportage - 25,166
6. Hyundai Tucson(New)/ ix35 - 22,613
7. Kia Sorento - 19,837
8. Kia Optima/ K5/ Magnetis -...
1) Hyundai Elantra(New)/ Avante/ i35/ i30 - 65,397
2) Hyundai Sonata/ i45 - 41,298
3) Hyundai Accent(New)/ Verna(New)/ Solaris/ i25/ Avega - 36,801
4) Kia Forte/ Cerato - 28,650
5) Hyundai Tucson(New)/ ix35 - 22,571
6) Kia Sportage - 21,289
7) Kia Sorento - 19,998
8) Hyundai Sante Fe -...
1. Toyota Corolla(World)/ Altis/ Auris/ Blade/ Matrix - 75,226
2. Toyota Camry/ Aurion - 51,108
3. Toyota Yaris/ Vios/ Belta/ Vitz - 33,277
4. Toyota Hilux - 30,096
5. Toyota Prius - 27,858
6. Toyota Highlander/ Klugar - 19,426
7. Toyota Rav4(NA based) - 19,359
8. Daihatsu Move - 12,830
Come on Ford, if the Koreans can do it, so can you. Build a global RWD platform! :)
By the way, this concept looks fantastic.
Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.
Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.
Order threads in...
Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.