PDA

View Full Version : s pack dash

jabba13
08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
hi just wondering how to hook up the taco in my s pack dash i just put in my eb. cheers:confused:

jPod
08-04-2010, 02:21 PM
The tacho should just work as soon as you plug the dash in. The only dial that won't work is the oil pressure dial, and you can get that to work by changing the oil pressure sensor. The standard falcon sensor is only a 2-mode digital sensor that switches on the light if the pressure gets too low, the one you need will be the switch that tells the dash the pressure at any given time.

jabba13
08-04-2010, 06:16 PM
i knew about the oil switch. but the tacho does not work is there any way to test the dial and where does it hook up to and what is the wiring , so i can check that it all works. So i don't get another dash for no reason :confused:

OTD08
08-04-2010, 08:22 PM
is your eb a series 1-2?
had the same problem with a 30th anniversary wagon that im now wrecking
just went outside and checked you should have a pink wire with a blue line plugged into pin number 28 if you havent got it let me know and ill cut the wiring out and only charge you postage let me know asap as its going on saturday

jabba13
08-04-2010, 09:52 PM
it is a series 1 .where is pin 28 and to be honest don't think i have it

OTD08
08-04-2010, 10:28 PM
thought so ford must of used some ea wiring looms in the series 1 ebs it written on the plugs that go into your dash check the biggest one where the wires go into
just remember you are looking for a pink wire with a blue stripe

jabba13
09-04-2010, 03:19 PM
nope don't have it. what does the taco run of any way because there might be more wires i might need

OTD08
15-04-2010, 06:46 PM
nope don't have it. what does the taco run of any way because there might be more wires i might needyour taco only runs off the negative side of the coil
just go to the wreckers and find a s pack or find a series2 eb and the wire will be there and just cut so much of the wiring and the plugs so you can unpick the wire you need and that way you can see which pin you need to put the wire into your loom

a.p.1976
13-09-2011, 01:19 AM
dont know about eb ... but on an ea there are a couple of diagnostic plugs hanging near the brake booster and a tacho wire to be used for testing ... i plugged mine into there ... no need to run a wire all the way over to the other side of the engine to the coil ... the only way a sports dash will work out of the box is if your car had one originally

a.p.1976
13-09-2011, 01:29 AM
no need to tap into your wiring at all really ... you can tap of one or the brass nuts on the tacho, at the back of the dash (but i cant remember which one) run a wire from it to the diagnostic wire near the booster ... that's how i did mine ... a lot easier than taping into plugs and **** ... if you run into trouble let me know and i will remove mine , take some pics and upload them