PDA

View Full Version : keyless entry for EB wagon - aftermarket

tricky4000
06-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum. I see there is a wealth of knowledge on here but still having trouble finding a good answer to my issue.
My dad has an EB wagon he just purchased (series 1 I would think). It does not have Smartlock but does have central locking. Over the years the keys have worn, locks have had attempted break-ins and opening the doors can only happen from the passenger door. I purchased a Jaycar central locking module. It has 2 remote key fobs and the controller (no actuators). I would like to get it to talk to the central locking on the car as well as have it open the tail gate lock too. Does anyone here know which wires I should be tapping into to get this working? I believe the keyless entry kit sends out a positive charge to one wire to open and another positive charge to another to lock. Can someone point out which colour wire I should be joining to?
Any info would be great.
Thanks, Tricks.

Deff
06-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Theres a couple of good tech docs over at fordmods, one specifically on fitting a Jaycar system (bypassing smartlock) so might have relevant info for your problem.

tricky4000
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi Deff,
Thanks for the response.
Could you please tell me where I can find the Techdocs @ FordMods?
I'm still new to this. Hope you can help.
Tricks.

Mini1
06-04-2010, 02:40 PM
I once tried to make my EB2 wagon tailgate work off the central locking, after I had had an alarm with keyless remotes fitted. However, at that time (1992) for some strange reason, Ford ran the tailgate lock on opposite polarity to the door locks so it didn't work, hence the dash button for the tailgate.

tricky4000
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Nothing a simple relay couldn't fix Mini1?
Tricks

Deff
06-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Not sure if it'll help but... http://www.fordmods.com/documents.php?d=74

Mini1
06-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Some sparks I quizzed were talking 2 relays some 3 but none seemed sure no damage would result eg: c/lock controller. I left it alone as I didn't know what else was involved and it seemed such a simple thing for Ford to do in the factory and save themselves the cost of a switch and all else involved. I assumed they had a good reason, but I may be wrong as I know later models sport the feature.

tricky4000
07-04-2010, 10:13 AM
OK, that ford mods site you sent me to Deff seems adequate. It talks of which wires are connected to the factory fitted central locking so this is perfect for testing with.
Thank you.
Tricks