PDA

View Full Version : EF/EL Air Con Vents & Shift Kit Question on XR6

uniacidz
22-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey all

Just wondering what tricks you guys use to get the air con vents lined up if you were to take out the front fascia/shroud.

I see that the air con vent open/close dial uses a hook kinda system attached to the main vent on the dash.

How does one do it easily, as i am going to install a my old headunit, maybe a shift kit, dash cluster.

Also, is it worth installing a shift kit on a EL XR6 as she seems to shift hard at times anyway? Worth doing or leaving plain as.

bennomate
09-04-2010, 01:32 AM
I know this threads a week or two old.. ive done this twice and the trick is to grow a third hand ;)

I actually get the whole vent out, assemble it then clip the entire vent assembly in. but you shouldnt have to dismantle the vents to take off the front fascia :confused:

uniacidz
09-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Thanks for responding.

Found out the black box stays put when you take off the front fascia so i have already taken it off twice.lolol

Third time in a few days for when my cluster arrives, put that in, trip computer install and fix up radio so that sticks out a fraction more nd doesnt rub on the radio surround.

Cheers though, already become a regular now at taking it off.

So you and others know, installed adjustable shift kit into the car (taken from previous car before sale) and works a treat with the XR6. Faster shift points, more get up and go because so.

In the wet a bi scary and especially for my Red P Plate flatmate so its turned off and on economy mode. Is great to have though.