PDA

View Full Version : EL Falcon 4spd Trans, Dipstick.

Deff
17-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Has anyone attempted to fit a dipstick to one of these? Makes me really uneasy to not know what's going on with my transmission!

falconxh
18-02-2010, 02:46 AM
Hi, indeed have seen a bit of that certain engineering fitted to an old EL cab, it's out the back under a tree, the tubing plugs into u joint gland from the tranny, evident that it's home made from older scrap/wrecked parts. Made by a cabbie in the know also likely worried about his gearbox, and, have learnt, from this Forum, that Ford may have built the trannys without a dipstick to just have an inbuilt obsolence because of losing heaps of money to other certain dipsticks being on warranty works whereby customers were putting the wrong transmision fluid in (Dot4?), hot and cold, when it is essential to use TQ 95. You gonna try making one too? Hey anyway i'm a dipstick just realized the EL sits up on 2 wheels and has been standing there without any chocks or blocks whatsover to compliment the old jack stands for nearly a year now and am a certainlya silly dipstick for not knowing the error of my ways and knowing better, but am still learning, Cheers,
:thinking: