PDA

View Full Version : Converting to Power windows.

Ravns1
28-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey guys,
I have gone and sent all this money on power windows and now i can't find anyone with enough knowledge to get them to work.

I purchased:

2 power window regulators (front LH and RH).
4 new door trims (just so they match).
Power window switches (2 on drivers, 1 on passenger).
Wiring loom (runs just to the inside of the doors).
and Body control module (the one from the car with the power windows).

Is there anyone out there that has done this before, and could give me some pointers?
Or does anyone have a wiring diagram for the AU series 1, that will show me whats what.

I'm at a real lose as to what to do from here, any help would cheer me up.:(

raven2
16-10-2008, 12:35 AM
cos its electrical,. try taking it to a auto electrician

MaTTe
17-10-2008, 11:21 PM
You will probably need the interior body looms from a car that has power windows.. You'll need to pul everthing out, and lift the carpet up, to get the looms out and new ones in..

Its a bit of effort, but worth it in my mind..

I hope this helps

Ravns1
20-10-2008, 10:32 AM
cos its electrical,. try taking it to a auto electrician

That's the first thing i did, they said they could do it if they ran all new wires and put in 3 (yes 3) relay's per window for a total of 12 relay's, and wire everywhere. That would only cost 350 bucks, but sounds pretty dodgy to me.

The second was i took it to ford, they said they could do it for 700 bucks, and would need my car for 2 weeks.

The third was relise that it's not that hard to wind down the window.

I give up :giveup:

AU12XR
20-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Ravns1,
I'm new to this forum and i see your question was posted last year and you may have already solved your problem, I converted my AU1 Ute to FORD Electric Windows by purchasing 2 doors complete with electric windows, I dismantled the doors and fitted the electric motors to my original doors, i then dismantled the wiring loom and separated the electric window loom from each door and ran it thru my original doors, you need to make up a new loom containing 3 wires that runs from right hand door to left hand door, one wire has 12volt power (Either constant 12v or thru Ign 12v) and the other 2 run from the Passenger Window Switch on the Drivers Door to the Passenger Door Window switch, it is an easy conversion and the way I set mine up I didn't really require Relay's.
Hope this helps you.
Les

Ravns1
29-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Welcome and thanks les.
i see what your trying to say, skip the computer all together and just make the windows work on the ignition, would be easier and no relays.\

Thanks
Matt.

fpv f250
26-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi would anyone have anymore info or pics on the power window conversion?

foxtrot3
26-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi. for the wiring try this http://fordforums.com.au/wsm/wire/au/Part%2024-4.html (but you might have to sign up first) cheers MD
PS if you have the door looms separate the window wiring from the other wiring then chuck out the other wiring tape up the window wiring so it looks neat and just run it beside the existing wiring in the door. drivers door needs power/earth and two wires to passengers door and passengers door needs power and two wires from the drivers door (may also need wires for lights but its not a hard job)