PDA

View Full Version : AUII XR8 idle problems

greeny84
22-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone can help me, my xr8 stalls when in park and neutral. it has been an ongoin problem. In D idle is as normal, is this an electrical problem?

sbutler
22-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone can help me, my xr8 stalls when in park and neutral. it has been an ongoin problem. In D idle is as normal, is this an electrical problem?

Disconnect the battery over night, then reconnect & go for a long drive using all the options from time to time.eg:: AC,[on for a while, then off] manual changes, stop start traffic, & some full throttle blasts using manual & auto modes etc. See how it goes then..

greeny84
24-07-2008, 07:41 PM
sweet i'll try that this w/end. forgot to mention it has only started stalling since i disconnected the battery to do my stereo. does this give you a better idea of what may be wrong???

Bass
25-07-2008, 12:12 AM
if that doesnt work i would check the idle valve and clean it. i had similar issue with LTD V8. was ECU problem.

sbutler
25-07-2008, 03:13 PM
sweet i'll try that this w/end. forgot to mention it has only started stalling since i disconnected the battery to do my stereo. does this give you a better idea of what may be wrong???

Yes that does. It will settle down. Its re-learning thats why its stalling. Just do as i said & it will work itself out.