PDA

View Full Version : Car wont open

nugget
09-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi I have a problem opening my car my wife locked the car with the remote after cleaning the [AU] now it wont open with a key, or remote
does it work on a fuse in the car? anyone else have this prob thx
ps :the boot wont open eather

Homes
10-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi I have a problem opening my car my wife locked the car with the remote after cleaning the [AU] now it wont open with a key, or remote
does it work on a fuse in the car? anyone else have this prob thx
ps :the boot wont open eather

gotta say i'm skeptical...don't understand how it wouldn't open with a key - how about key in boot?...you tried that?

Lord Porky
10-02-2008, 07:33 PM
The boot doesn't HAVE a key Homes...

Anyway, I agree with Homes in the fact that something doesn't sound right, the key should at the very least unlock the driver door and allow it to be opened, unless something has snapped and disconnected the lock cylinder; but that's not an easy thing to have happen.

Sorry mate, I've got no idea on how to help.

AdamzXRUte
10-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Do the indicators light up when you press the unlock on the remote?

Bass
11-02-2008, 12:07 AM
pull the top of the door out enough to slip a long rod in. You can use a thick coathanger so it is straight and with a hook on one end. get a mate to pry the top of the door out enough to slip this long hook in and hook it in the door handle, if you pull it back the handle will open slightly then twist the wire so it opens the door from the inside handle. easy and fast.

remote wont work ok, key doesnt work, dunno, what bout the passenger side door, the key should work somewhere to at least unlock one door even if the car battery is flat. unless your ignition barrel has been changed and your key is for the ignition only. this may be the case if what your saying is true.

nugget
11-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks 4 the replys guys got the car open with a bit of wire and a lot of time
Still wont open with key though tried to calibrate the remote but nothing happens when i try the demister trick so somethings amiss there anyway thx for your help guys :confused:
PS: my car only has a keyhole on drivers side door

Homes
11-02-2008, 10:49 AM
The boot doesn't HAVE a key Homes...

that's why it's a really funny joke...guess it was too subtle for some

Bass
11-02-2008, 07:25 PM
bazzar. :thinking:

stevejsleap
12-02-2008, 04:10 AM
G'day all.
Well you got the door open but will the key start the car ???

Steve.