PDA

View Full Version : 98 Falcon Forte sedan - help required

pmencel
03-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone,

brand new forum member here - can you guys help - I have been offered a 98Falcon Forte sedan - white, auto, nice tint, 130000km's - cost to me will be trade-in value only - I currently drive a 2003 magna sedan, so the Ford would be a step up IMHO!

Can you guys advise simple mods to make it a bit "cooler" than it is? - current plans are: cut and polish, bumper touch ups, I have a set of 17' alloys ready to go, a Pioneer head unit as well - it has the "eggcrate' grille which I want to change (Fairmont grille perhaps from a wrecker?) - any ideas where I can get a better one from? I am in Adelaide, so any local sources would be appreciated.

Any suggestions?

AdamzXRUte
04-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Get an exhaust. If you don't want to shell out for the full system, just get a sports exhaust for the sound. I had one on the old car, cost me $350 including the tip. Lower it, and you've got a nice AU. To get the Fairmont grille, you'll need the bonnet as well.

Lord Porky
04-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Hey mate,
got a 98 AU myself (this one with dual fuel) - tho mine had 170,000Kms on the clock...

I think your Magna is actually worth considerably more than the trade in on the AU1
(average AU sells about $5500-$7800 -- seen most 2003 Magna's pushing anywhere from 6-11k so get it checked out!)

Having said that, I was always tossing and turning between getting the AU or a Magna (never liked the Magna until a mate of mine did one up.... oh boy... it was amazing!)
Decided to go for an AU instead as I like their stock setup better, and LPG was a consideration too and the Falcons can do LPG better than most other cars usually.

Not regretting the AU at all, it's a tad ugly, but a few $$ can fix that up easy!
[EDIT: Aww crap, didn't realise how old ur post was... sorry!]

Bass
06-02-2008, 08:38 PM
i hate the look of the mitsubishi range altogether. AU is said by some to be Fords ugly car. but id rather a AU over a magna anyday. I just dont have any faith in Mitsubishi. and the magna is a front wheeler. i havnt driven a front wheel drive since i had a mini 15 years ago, and dont plan on doing it again.