PDA

View Full Version : ED Falcon Headlight troubles

mantaw2612
07-07-2003, 01:57 AM
Over the last few weeks the headlights in our ed wagon have been playing up, started off as just flashing on and off every now and then on low and high beam, now nothing at all.. Ive changed the relays and the headlight switch and so far no luck.. Also when i try put the high beams on nothing happens, not even the light on the dash comes on..
Parklights and all other lights are working fine just no low or high beam.
Anyone else had similar trouble or any idea on what might be causing this?

Thanks guys.. gotta go to the airport at 10pm tonight and dont really want to take the zl if i dont have to.... :ohno

EA89
07-07-2003, 02:02 AM
Check all connection's for corrosion and check too see if the light bulbs need replacing.

If all else fails you'll need to take it to a auto electrition.

mantaw2612
07-07-2003, 02:15 AM
any chance that it could be the high beam switch on the combination switch??

mantaw2612
07-07-2003, 07:43 AM
All good peoples it was the circuit breaker next to the relay box under the hood.. was absolutely toasted inside, looks like its exploded, melted plastic everywhere :( oh well cheap repair at least.. only $12 for a 30amp circuit breaker and im on my way again... thanks for your help ea89.

stevo
07-07-2003, 07:55 AM
Are you using standard globes? If not you will have to upgrade your circuitry to cope with the extra load.

mantaw2612
11-07-2003, 12:37 AM
yeah all standard globes stevo.. so far so good, taken it out every night with no problems :)

EA89
11-07-2003, 12:53 AM
Glad to be of help mantaw2612.

brownpossum
15-01-2013, 02:39 PM
I looked up this forum and found the lighting problem for my e.d. wagon was a pretty common one for this model. Got myself a new 40amp circut breaker from Supercheap for under $20, fitted it in under an hour and now all lights work, saved me a lot of time and money looking on this forum, thanks everyone. Was not a relay at all but the circut breaker next to the four relays adjacent to the battery, only thing was that i had to drill two holes into the engine bay to fit the new breaker.
Also had to replace the wire fittings with round crimp terminals, the old ones were slide on type, the breaker had screw on terminals, but didn't tke long to fix.
I wpold advise anyone having similar problems with high/low beams on any e.d. to check this breaker first.
cheers.