PDA

View Full Version : Power window stuck in AU3 ford

mullet
11-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Guys - I have a problem with the back seat power window being stuck in the down position and I have tied the obvious things with no luck. Wondering if anyone knows how I should go about removing the door trim ?

raual afcanchewbah
11-10-2007, 07:45 PM
you will need to remove your window switch first. slide a flathead screw driver under the end of the switch and pry it up. disconnect it from the loom. there are screws around the edge of the door trim, another in the cavity where the power window switch is and 2 bolts. one is under the back cover of the door handle, you need to pop it out to get access, and the other is under a circular cap thing, that also needs to be popped out. the trim is also held on with a couple of snap locks. i just pried it off.

you could get a switch from another window and plug it to the loom for the window in the down position and give that a try. i was able to get my window up that way.

n00b
12-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Or theres something like pressing the button down 100 times to reset the memory.. Thats worked for a few people.

raual afcanchewbah
13-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Or theres something like pressing the button down 100 times to reset the memory.. Thats worked for a few people.

this didn't work for me because my switch was stuffed.

n00b
13-10-2007, 03:49 PM
this didn't work for me because my switch was stuffed.

Ah k. worked in an AU II we had.

mullet
13-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks Raual - I took your advice and swapped the switch over from the other window and low and behold it worked which meant that there was a problem with the switch. I pulled the switch apart and found that the connection was being partially blocked by a blob of glue, I cleared the glue away and put it back together and it all worked perfectly

Thanks again

raual afcanchewbah
14-10-2007, 02:09 AM
that's good to hear it all worked out. :thumbsup:

erickson63@optusnet
25-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi guys,

I read your conversations and I wonder if you can help me. I need the wiring diagram for the power windows of au series III. Any idea where I can get that from.

Kerry