PDA

View Full Version : ef idling problems

bowsaw
19-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Yeah, mine does it, just a tiny miss every now and then, i live with it. Got the same as you, nice cars ay?, good for long distance.

xr666ghia
19-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi all,

I have an ef fairmont ghia s2 my promblem is when im idling at the traffic lights some times not all the times my car seems to just miss a little bit, and i have serviced her about 7000 km ago, when taking off she's fine, well i just wanted know if anyone with an ef/el had the same problem,

thanks

dynoed250
19-02-2004, 01:41 PM
.... hey can b a number of things to cause that.. leads are a big thing on these cars have a shoddy lead and they never idle good, so check them resistance meter , also plugs.. check theres no corrosion on the ends of the leads 2.
how long since the injectors were done, id check them last as they generally cost the most.
also how low are the revs gons is the idle speed control motor working properly :> if u turn the stering wheel at idle the reves should increase a litle.
getting fuel pressure checker wouldnt b a bad idea 2 but this prob woiuld affect u more when its under load more than ideling. check the fuel regulator isnt leaking fuel into the manifold, through the vacume line that runs 2 it ..