PDA

View Full Version : Remotes don't work?

n00b
26-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Inside the remote theres a little plastic battery holder with a battery in it, and thats sorta separate from the remote, is it supposed to be stuck on in one piece or did the previous owner screw up when replacing batterys? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Taking the battery + Holder out and replacing it in again make it work for a while.

5Spd 4.0i EBII
26-06-2007, 12:12 AM
I've found if they are not regularly used they stop working .
just slap it on you're palm when it wont work thats how i get my spare one to work for me it always holds it's code but needs a tap to work.

Elements
26-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Fold up a piece of (thin) cardboard - the material used for business cards, etc - and place it inbetween the battery holder and the back of the remote. It'll keep the battery holder in place all the time. That's what Ford suggested to me ;) Worked perfectly!

EDIT:

Here's a pic..... It is a quarter of a business card, folded in half. It worked while the battery was in there (donated it to a mate with an AU), and when my car was alive..... Worked perfectly for a good 2-3 months like this.

Is grainy - from my phone - but you get the idea. :)

n00b
27-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Exactly the dodgey fix i was looking for, thanks heaps.

Redwight
01-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Guys, mine been working on and off for a while so I got cranky enough to pull it apart. The battery holder doesn't seem to be well soldered and a slight poke at it made mine do this.
http://www.fordaustraliaforums.com/forum/gallery/data/500/Battery_Holder.JPG

Anyone that has a fine tipped soldering iron should be able to fix this one easily.

Bass
05-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Go to a Tv repair shop or electronics repair shop, they will do it. Thats what i do.

Redwight
05-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Guess what both of my trades are?

Bass
06-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I had a quote from BMW to fix the service lights that couldnt be reset coz the batteries in the dash were cactus. I had to sit down when i got the quote. Then some BMW genius told me to go to tandy buy two AA rechargeables, pull the cluster apart, and remove the old, Then the repair TV guy up the road solidered them like the old. Good as Gold..

DeToX
10-12-2007, 12:12 AM
my keypad does the same and last time it happened it lost its code, completely flipped out and wouldnt work. after re programing it it worked well for a week or 2, might try this paper thing out and see how it goes.

AUIIwagon
08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Dont know if anyone else has come across this problem ...but i had to fix mine by doing that "folded paper" trick but also there was a problem with the underside of the rubbery fiting over the actual buttons ...tere are small points on the underside of the rubber that push down onto the button...these were worn away on both sets of remotes so i did a real quick fix using a tiny drop of super glue and a scraping of plastic i took off a pen to creat a little ball which i put in place instead of the worn away rubber point.
the results are great, they are just as reliable as new!
:)
anyone else had that problem?
and solved with a crappy job like mine lol

nugget
09-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi I have a problem with my remote as well my wife locked the car with the remote after cleaning the car [AU] now it wont open not even with a key,
does it work on a fuse in the car? anyone else have this prob thx
ps :the boot wont open eather