PDA

View Full Version : EF Rough Idle After Spark Plug Lead Change.

EA89
26-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

My dad changed his leads in his EF Falcon today and after he had done so it was running rough.
I went over it took all the leads back of found out what the firing order was then matched them to the coil pack numbers is this wrong or right cause after I did that it was still running the same rough we did remove the coil pack plug can this upset the computer in the car or not.

I am baffled as to why it's doing it it was A OK before.

:duno

dynoed250
26-02-2004, 10:46 AM
you might have bugged a lead when putting them on,
check them with a resistance meter.
also check, .. looking at the car, the leads go inside front on the coil pack is number one number 2 is inside middle and 3 is inside back 4 is outside back 5 is oust side middle and 6 is out side front.
make sure leads are cliped on correctly, they can b hard to clip down

EA89
27-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Don't worry I got it fixed this morning while the old man was still in bed.

It turns out he feed me the wrong leads down to me as I was underneith the car. The last 2 leads were mixed up.

The Coil Pack is numbered on top just need to get a tourch down to see the numbers.
:thumbsup

Well he got out of bed got changed he went to start the car to find it was running smoothly and was scratching his head for awhile I came out and told him I fixed while he was still sleeping.
:duno

The bad news is I let him loose on our roads again trying to hit parked cars and running people over.
:eek

Look Out Guys Here He Comes.
:car2