Problem solved.

n00b
06-05-2007, 03:45 PM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/731/dsc02952vd5.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1110/dsc02953as8.jpg

Problem solved.

Iron Horse
06-05-2007, 04:52 PM
What ever it is dont go near it , dont start it , keep everyone away from it . If you cant push it to a grassy spot to let the fuel soak into the dirt call the fire brigade . The fumes will gather in a low spot around the car , up to 10 metres away , one spark and your toast .

Iron Horse
06-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I would say as a guess , you have put to much petrol in the tank . The trip home has shaken the fuel up to the point that the pressure has forced the fuel up and over the swan neck in the vent tube . You may be able to relieve the pressure by CAREFULLY unscrewing the cap . But if anything goes wrong...........Ide call the fire brigade myself they are trained in fuel spill mop up .

n00b
06-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Problem solved.

Iron Horse
06-05-2007, 06:18 PM
You are a brave man . I would'nt have done that for quids . Ive got a vision in my head of a trail of fire chasing you down the road .

Iron Horse
07-05-2007, 04:21 PM
You posted an urgent request for help on the forum because your car was dropping two litres of petrol a minute onto the ground because you over filled it . I gave you good advice , but you decieded to fix the problem by driving around the streets dumping fuel everywhere you went to use up the excess . Not only was that the most irresponsible and dangerous thing to do in terms of the explosion risk but also the fact that it would turn the roads into an ice rink . What if it was a split fuel tank that was the problem , would you be still driving round waiting for the petrol to stop running ?

n00b
16-05-2007, 01:43 PM
You posted an urgent request for help on the forum because your car was dropping two litres of petrol a minute onto the ground because you over filled it . I gave you good advice , but you decieded to fix the problem by driving around the streets dumping fuel everywhere you went to use up the excess . Not only was that the most irresponsible and dangerous thing to do in terms of the explosion risk but also the fact that it would turn the roads into an ice rink . What if it was a split fuel tank that was the problem , would you be still driving round waiting for the petrol to stop running ?

What if my car was on a 40 degree slope after just being filled up all the way.

Overflow.
And it didn't leak once on the road.