PDA

View Full Version : AUII 6cyl. problem - electrical?

ganza
25-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi Guys,

Okay, just wondering whether any of you guys could solve this one for me.

My Au II 6 broke down for the fist time yesterday. I was driving and suddenly the radio stopped working. The car drove for about 2km and then I noticed most of the instuments were not working. The car then stalled abruptly as I approached the traffic lights. I got help pushing the car uphill to the side of the road. At this point I checked battery terminals (ok) Wipers/horn(ok) Engine would not crank and radio would not work. Over the next 15 min. I tried to turn ignition but It was either dead or made that solenoid clicking noise. After about 20 min. the radio worked again, so I tried to kick her over and it went. I drove about 5 more km before, once again she stopped. Same drama again, so I walked the last km home.

I came back with 2nd car and jump started the Au. It made it the km home, but then died again. No battery/alternator warning symbol. The next morning I started the car. No probs. It ran perfectly for 7 minutes but then clagged out again and would not start.

Car has 120,000km. New plugs, filters, leads. Battery 1 y.o. New LpG fitted 4 months ago. Aftermarket Mp3 fitted 1 year ago.

I'm stumped. Don't know what could be wrong. Maybe dizzy, or electrical fault in temp sensor, or smartlock? I don't know what could be wrong.

Before I buy unneccessary parts or put her in to get fixed, could anyone offer any ideas of what the problem could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ganza
30-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Problem fixed.

Was a temporamental battery. Was only 10months old, so returned under warranty and upgraded to a better quality battery.

5Spd 4.0i EBII
21-05-2007, 05:11 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for when battery has been removed.
BASE(Au's display 'BASE' in ODOMETER apon first start) Idle AND Timing need to be re-learnt by ecu.Remove battery 1hour replace then warm to motor to operating Temp. all accessories off foot on brake pedal Run down each gear 2Mins. in each.Then switch on AC(if installed) and go back up through the gears 2Mins. in each now the idle should be fine. To check leave AC turn on head lights put in drive and turn the steering wheel the idle should not drop under 575-600rpm.Once succesfull take the vehicle for a drive for 5Mins. at various throtal positions.
If Idle is still falling down around 250-450 KEEP TRYING IT WORKS ON MY EBII MY SISSTERS EBII AND MY PARENTS AUIII.
Manuals foot on clutch pedal same procedure.