PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a kerfuffle. Help with drivers side mirror!!!

blakey72
11-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi all. I'm new to this forum so I hope I've put this in the right section. Last night I had my Falcon AU3 parked on the road outside my house when I heard the smashing of glass. I ran to the front door and some car had come along the service road and clipped my drivers side mirror smashing the glass. The car stopped up the road for 5 seconds and took off. :< :<
I've had a good look this morning and it's only the mirror/glass that is damaged. Does anyone know the cheapest way to repair this?? Could I take the mirror off and go to a glass place to have just the mirror replaced?? Is there fairly cheap aftermarket ones available that are the same as genuine ones and if so where can you get them (I'm in Melbourne). Are there any other options available that you can think of?

Thanks very much for your time and help.
Blakey.

Dr. Miracle
11-02-2007, 12:05 PM
id try a ford wrecker. wouldnt cost much, theyll probably be able to install it aswell. not sure if theyd want to sell you the whole unit or just the glass. im not in melb so i dont know any wreckers down there.

http://www.ozeparts.com.au/ these guys have the whole electric mirror assembly for $80.

lucky it was only the mirror mate.

Duaned
13-02-2007, 10:44 AM
You can just buy the glass itself from a Ford dealer, my last one was $38 if I recal correctly. The old one pops out from it's square clip in holder(hard to explain) and the new one will just push in! Good Luck!

derekcurd
14-01-2009, 09:50 PM
You can just buy the glass itself from a Ford dealer, my last one was $38 if I recal correctly. The old one pops out from it's square clip in holder(hard to explain) and the new one will just push in! Good Luck!
I broke a mirror and got another from the wreckers. The trouble was getting the old mirror out of the assembly. There is a knuckle and socket that is easily damaged when trying to do this. Now I'm just on the lookout for a whole new mirror! It will probably be cheaper!.......

Redwight
14-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Supercheap sell rectangles of mirrored perspex that can be cut to shape and glued into place (hint I prefer silastic). Just remember that perspex scratches real easy, and they will do for a time.

auxr80
17-01-2009, 10:08 PM
ALL FORD WRECKERS(Wayne) 03)95805535...WEB..www.allford.com.au...../Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage....03)97586900...www.ftgautosalvage.com.au These guys might be able to help you out. I use them & I'm in S.A.