PDA

View Full Version : Coolent Leaks!!!!!!!

raual afcanchewbah
10-01-2007, 09:30 PM
it's like 37 degrees at the moment. when i went out to see my regular pizza delivery man in my slippers, half tanked :_pinkelep, i steped in a lot of engine coolent. :boom: <--- (my reaction)

my AU is leaking coolent....... again! :< i think it's a hose..... this time. hard to tell when it's the engine is hot and i'm a little :alco: "merry"

the last time that it has done this it was due to a welsh plug. :banghead:

the time before it was due to a welsh plug. :mad:

nothing else, except the power windows, has gone wrong with my precious automobile. is as common with other AU's? :stupid:

one of the sparkies at work was saying that there was a recall on AU's for faulty welsh plugs? :tellsecre can anyone varify this? :noidea: or is he wired wrong? :twak:

cheers :beer:

n00b
11-01-2007, 08:56 PM
I've been having some weird coolent issues aswell... =/

I'm pretty sure mines just due to it losing pressure somewhere though..
I hit a rock a while back because some retard was speeding on a narrow road, drove off to the side a bit , BANG.

Pulled over and the front mudguard sorta thing under the bumper was hanging off.. So i ripped it out and noticed there was a little bit of coolant on it..

Although its definately not leaking from there..

Cobba
16-01-2007, 04:49 PM
A common problem with AUs is an o-ring on the back of the water pump. It's not a serious leak, as in your coolant won't suddenly disappear, but it's enough that you'll see a mark under the car where it's parked. It can be dificult to spot the leak at the back, but it's where the pipe comes out the back of the water pump.

docjames
16-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Was it the AU or the BA that went to an alloy coolant drain plug. I know i had an XT BA that had this issue.

jet
18-01-2007, 05:40 PM
On a 37 Degree day at the end of a run the overflow tank will often overflow and dump some coolant, just top it up and forget it until it starts doing it all the time.

DeToX
31-01-2007, 11:55 PM
said it before and will most likely say it again, try a new cap, solved my problem in about 5 mins!!!

ford power
27-04-2007, 03:09 AM
make sure the thermostat has 1 hole made in the outter surface of the thermostat.This will make sure the motor always runs just below the Normall on the Temp. guage in a EA-ED.
That is how my EBII was the first time i ever changed coolent and thermostat seal and i am it's only(1) owner.
FORD have never had a replacement part to suite WITH A HOLE for the EB or AU.So my EBII still has it's original thermostat in it too i only ever replace it's seal.24/04/07

My Parent's AUIII also 1 owner when i did it's first coolent change revealed 1 HOLE the same as my EB11 AND 1 SMALLER HOLE on the opposed side so i only replaced it's seal as the original factory thermostat is still fine.