07-07-2004 until 08-01-2020
"Forum Rules" and "Posting of copyright material"
"Posting of copyright material"
Because of a few issues highlighted lately, we will be getting much stricter in the area of posting copyrighted material.
Technically posting of copyrighted material, images or written text, without prior written consent is illegal, although it is generally accepted to be OK if you mention the source, the date you found it and the writer of the article.
For example, the following is within guidelines
Author: James Bond
If you do not provide those details in your posts, you will be warned through a reply by one of the moderation team.
Try and avoid copying and pasting a complete article, you may post the beginning or the main points and then just say “Full Article at the following link:” and link to the rest of the article.
Posts with full articles (start to finish) will be edited also, so please save us the effort and make sure your posts fit in with the guidelines from a start.
If you have any further questions, contact the moderation team.
Ford Australia Forums.com were established in 2002 to create a friendly environment for all Ford enthusiasts to interact in a laid back, family-oriented environment. In order to foster this friendly interaction and create an environment where all Ford enthusiasts feel comfortable posting and hanging out, we have created a set of rules and guidelines which all members are required to follow. These rules are general in nature, as it is impossible to spell out every possible offence that may result in a thread being locked, deleted, or edited.
The rules are as follows:
1. Expletives (swear words) are not allowed, and for good reason. Many people are deeply offended by vulgar language. If you feel you must swear to get your point across, please censor your language appropriately so as to not be overly offensive. (EG: "S***!") Replacing one or two letters in an expletive by using ASCII characters (! for I, etc.) is not an acceptable solution. All letters except for the first and last one must be censored, or the word will be removed.
2. Spamming, or business advertisements by businesses is not allowed. Threads determined to be spam will be deleted, possibly without notice. Excessive advertisement of other competing car forums is also considered spam, and will be dealt with accordingly. Please direct related inquiries to our contact page: http://www.fordaustraliaforums.com/f...endmessage.php
3. Flaming, or derogatory insults are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seek help from other forum members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it. If you feel you must respond to a flame or insult directly, please do not do so on the board. Use private messages or e-mail.
4. Threads or replies promoting or expressing racist or sexist views will not be tolerated.
5. Pornographic material is not welcome here. We are a family oriented forum and any X-rated pictures will be deleted and your membership reviewed.
6. Avatars and Signatures: The same rules that apply to your posts apply to your signatures and avatars. Please keep this in mind when selecting your avatar or signature.
7. "Free posts", or posting solely for the purpose of boosting your post count, or "bumping" old threads back to the top of a page, is also not allowed. Many people judge member's credibility based on post count, so we ask that you obtain your post count legitimately. Furthermore, free posts waste server space and ISP bandwidth unnecessarily.
8. Please post your topics in the most appropriate forum. (IE: Tech threads only in tech forums.) If you post a thread that would be more appropriate in another forum, a Moderator will move it for you. However, please do not make the Moderators do this for you. Use your judgment to determine which forum best suits your topic.
9. Controversial topics, such as religion, abortion, racism, etc. will not be allowed. Although these topics usually start out civilly enough, experience has shown that these sort of topics invariably disintegrate into all out flame wars and heated arguments where people are offended.
10. Threads / replies promoting illicit drugs/narcotics will not be allowed.
11. Threads / replies encouraging other illegal/unethical action (Like "Best way to kill neighbor's dog?") will not be allowed and removed.
12. "Poop" threads, or similarly immature and offensive topics will not be allowed.
13. "Trolling", or makings posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. This includes registering an alternate ID for the sole purpose of creating problems on the forums. Troll ID's will be locked immediately and permanently, and can be locked without notification to the offender.
14. Threads / replies attacking Ford Australia Forums’ policies will not be allowed.
15. Posting a thread or reply to question or criticize Moderator or Administrator actions is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board's private message function, or e-mail, if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the Moderator or Administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.
16. If you wish to copy a picture or something, make sure that you ask the author/owner for permission so we don’t have any copyright issues.
Here are the "Do's" and "Don’t’s" of addressing your concerns to Moderators or Administrators:
"Do" be civil and polite. Bring up your concerns in a mature and respectful manner. If you are contacting us because you violated forum guidelines, be adult enough to admit your mistake. If your ID has been locked for some reason, talking politely to us about it in private, via e-mail or private message, can get your ID reinstated in many cases.
"Do not" be derogatory or insulting toward us. You will not get what you want by name calling or bashing us.
All we ask is that you treat us the way you would want us to treat you. If you treat us with respect, we will do the same for you.
Please realize that the nature of the offence will determine the action to be taken. If the violation is extreme enough, or has been repeated enough times in the past, a member can have his/her ID locked without a warning.
Threads or replies that do not comply with our guidelines may be locked, edited, or deleted, depending on the nature of the offence. We will make every effort to state why such action was taken via private message, e-mail, and/or Moderator reply in the offending thread. For this reason, we ask that you check your private messages often. You can find out whether or not you have received any private messages by logging into your user Control Panel. You can set your options so that the board notifies you when you have received a private message, if you so desire.
The above rules and guidelines are necessary to make Ford Australia Forums.com comfortable and enjoyable for all Ford and automotive enthusiasts. If you feel you can not comply with the rules above, please refrain from using Ford Australia Forums.com.
Ford Australia Forums.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements (collectively, the "Materials") contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this website (the "Service"), nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the Service (the "Products"). You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any Materials shall be at your sole risk. Ford Australia Forums.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in any portion of the Service or the Materials.
THE SERVICE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY Ford Australia Forums.com ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND Ford Australia Forums.com EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL Ford Australia Forums.com BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, THE MATERIALS AND THE PRODUCTS.
Ford Australia Forums.com encourages you to exercise discretion while browsing the Internet using this directory. The directory may direct you to sites containing information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Ford Australia Forums.com makes no representations concerning any endeavour to review the content of sites listed in the directory or any of the Materials, and so Ford Australia Forum.com isn't responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in sites listed in the directory or in the Materials.
Ford Australia Forums.com respects the rights (including the intellectual property rights) of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Ford Australia Forums.com may, in appropriate circumstances and in its sole discretion, terminate the use of Ford Australia Forums.com by any member that infringe or otherwise violate such rights of others. We also do not take any responsibility for any linking to or from our site to any other site on the INTERNET.
We are not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company in any way.
Have an opinion? Have your say by registering and joining the discussion.
LV Mk2 Focus LX (current)
MA Mondeo TDCI
TR Magna Exec